Social Playlists/Rankings

Has there been anything discussed or announced in regards to social playlists being offered? And, if so, will we have ranks for that? If I'm not mistaken, we had ranks for social playlists on Halo 3 (which was awarded 1 point per victory).

That'd give an incentive to play social a lot as well.

Just wondering.

I think social and ranked have merged. I mean there are playlists for mindless fun and playlists for competetive action.

I can only remember Halo 3 having a seperate social list (never played Halo 2 online).

But for now they have merged I think.

Which is a good thing. Don't really need something separated when it is easy to differentiate anyway. Like in Halo 3, by just reading the description of Action sack I could tell it was social. "A WHOPPING 0 EXP" hmmm...

Which is a good thing. Don't really need something separated when it is easy to differentiate anyway. Like in Halo 3, by just reading the description of Action sack I could tell it was social. "A WHOPPING 0 EXP" hmmm...

But even  terms of the 0 EXP has changed, I hear a lot of people talking about Halo 2's ranking system and I am not familiar with that system.