Gears of War 3 Review

As you all know the season of fall has started! This means AAA Games galore;I felt like I should do something new and fresh, I will be doing reviews forsome of the hottest games of this holiday season. First one you mayask......GEARS OF WAR 3

Gears of War 3 follows the story of Delta Squad asthey face the biggest thing of all...family. The game starts off in a dreamsequence where you get to relive the scene where Marcus loses his father. Thegames then starts off a little slow but then moves into a fast paced actiongame! The first boss fight is pretty easy but as you press through the game youwill face enemies that you feel are impossible to defeat. Act III to me is thebest part of the game, but I am warning you, it is a tear jerking ending forthat act. Without giving any spoilers it is safe to say that this campaign wasa perfect example of closing out the trilogy the right way.

gears-3-screen.jpg

Multiplayer is what truly makes the game shine also! After spendingextensive time playing through every single versus mode there is I feel themade the multiplayer versus component perfect. There are also many charactersthat you can unlock through performing certain tasks which adds game playvalue. Then there are medals, just think of these as a beefed up version ofHalo nameplates on steroids! In Gears of War 3 we got introduced to a new mode,Beast Mode. This is where you take the role as a Locust and you have to mowyour way through 12 waves of COG and stranded. This to me is the best part ofthe game because you can play as just about every single type of Locust we knowof. I am hoping for them to add more waves in the future! Horde 2.0 introducesa new type of economic game system where you buy a base and then build upon it(Think of it as buying land). Truly the best map for playing Horde on isSandbar because of the many turrets and bases available. Also you can upgradeyour barriers, turrets, decoys, etc. The cool thing about that is when youupgrade them they level up and then that level lasts with you throughout thewhole game.

Closing comments:

Gears of War 3 is truly an amazing game. In factit is hard to tell anything wrong with the game. I would recommend this game toanyone I know! I give this game a 10/10

This post has been promoted to an article

Havn't gotten into the Gears trilogy (never played Gears 1) but from what I'm hearing, I just might have to give it a try!

Great review John!! :thumbsup: Is it safe to jump into Gears at 3 or should I start at 1??

Safe to start in Gears 3 as long as you watch the video it offers you.

Havn't gotten into the Gears trilogy (never played Gears 1) but from what I'm hearing, I just might have to give it a try!

Great review John!! :thumbsup: Is it safe to jump into Gears at 3 or should I start at 1??

I jumped straight in, after I played though, I started to get the storyline and what they're after. Also, there is this feature that summarizes everything that's happened so far. Into this video in the campaign section