New Camo Pattern for the Marine Corps.?

Eqwinoxe

Not sure if this has been made/ talked about, but I'm doing it, and if it was, tell me.

So, the U.S. marine Corps came in with a new camo pattern. They state that they have been owning the pattern for "more than a decade" now, but if now, officially putting it to use. 

So, they Army tried to use this more than a year ago, but "congressional language in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal 2014 called on the Pentagon to put an end to the services branding their ranks with unique camouflage uniforms."

The Army is so desperate to buy this MultiCam pattern, but declined the 25$ mil. offer from Crye. 

Ironically, they have dropped the fifth finalist--patterned developed by the Goverment. The pattern, Scorpion, was apparently "too similar to one of the industries submissions."

The reason why the Scorpion cam is similar, is because Crye has developed the cam for the Objective Force Warrior program, but later, he made small adjustments to the cam, and now called it MultiCam. Till today, it is unclear when the Army will set wear-out date for the UCP or start issuing that all uniforms are to be printed in Scorpion cam. 

"Once contracts are awarded, it can take up to 20 weeks for the raw fabric to be printed in Scorpion, inspected and cut and sewn into uniforms, according to Kyli Hanson, program manager for Army Combat Uniforms for Blue Water Defense -- one of the U.S. military's primary uniform manufacturers."

ALL INFO WAS FOUND ON http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/05/23/army-selects-new-camouflage-pattern.html?ESRC=todayinmil.sm

ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE Military.com SITE

I SIMPLY QUOTED THEM, AND MADE THIS POST.

F1TPLwu.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I am into the Military news and gossip. Absolutely love the Military. Lol

FIXED: Added photo. I knew I forgot something... Sorry guys...

Edited by Eqwinoxe
  • Like 1

Now can you tell us why camo is so significant other than recognition and camouflage? Please tell me everything you know about it in a quick summary. 

Camo defines a group or a branch in this case. They have it to where other friendlies know what it is so they don't shoot each other. Also, camo can be used for environment to "blend in" so it "harder to spot" the troops.

Not everyday I hear something like this, but none the less, very interesting! Nice post! :D

Very unusual, but very fulfilling lol