343 has to get it right this time.

Xbox Fan

My bad I meant both Sprint and Loadouts.

No I'm not MLG and have not never played MLG playlists. I would just find the speed of the matches I've played in Halo 3 and partially Reach to be slow: since in 3 your reduced to walking speed (and faster in MLG) and in Reach the same was true if you had a different AA than Sprint.

Whenever I play 3 I have the sudden urge to just let loose and sprint. I feel really restricted due to the limited movement, and that's why I did not play MM in 3 much.

In Reach you had Sprint, and so the pace was a little faster and more attuned to my play style. I'm one of those people who run around everywhere.

I just find it strange to uninclude Loadouts and Sprint because as a Spartan, you should be fast and allowed to use whatever weapon suits you at the start.

I don't know I just feel like the way your describing it is just 343 releasing a Halo 3 clone. If anything a gametype would be far better executed.

Well I understand if you're not an MLG guy. I'm not either, I really prefer to play with a motion stracker, as that's mostly what I played with for all of my Halo career. And everyone in Halo Reach's MLG is very good, way better than me. I think that Halo Reach's MLG gametype is one of the best out there, (if it had a motion tracker). Just for the sake of this movement discussion, go ahead and jump in Halo Reach's MLG, you'll immediately notice how fast you zip around the map. Halo 3 by comparison is very slow. I think its at like %120, which is a big difference, and definitely eases the "I just want to sprint urge". You find that you're moving quick enough, but you can also do everything you would normally do in a game, like look around, walk backwards, sideways, throw grenades, switch weapons, reload, everything. No-sprint is actually very freeing, as you can move fast, and do everything you normally could when "walking".

Everyone is different Chris. Someone with poor depth vision, aka blind in one eye, will.do better with a spread based weapon as a start out rather than a BR or DMR. Is that fair to limit someones physical prowless all in the name of winning the match?

The more I go back through and read everything, the problem seems to be that noone can accept plain out defeat in a Halo 4 match. Im sure just as many complaints circulated around the previous titles, stemming from the inability to juat lose and walk away gracefully. Im choosing the latter. Im walking away from this endless debate. I have better things to do now in hindsight, after going back through this thread.

Well, I mean yeah, it is, sorry. People who have issues like that are just going to be a little bit worse at video games because they have that challenge. All video games will be slightly more challenging because you have less of a capability to see. But that doesn't really mean the fairness and integrity of the whole game should be torn down for the benefit of that minority.

And what if you were able to spawn default with both the BR/DMR AND the AR (in the same spawn, not two separate spawning choices)? That would allow for two completely different weapon styles to be used, and thus different styles of gameplay. That would give you a little variety as well, and you would be able to choose the more appropriate weapon for the task at hand.

• Like 1

Whenever I get the chance I'll go check it out. :)

I think the way I see it is with the movement on auto fast, you don't have the ability to toggle how fast you go. With Sprint it allows you to go faster, but only when you want it to. Like if you wanted to sneak you wouldn't use it.

I just find it more immersive if I'm allowed to use Sprint is all.

Thanks for the good discussion man. I would continue, but I have to opt out since I have things to go do. Peace.

On a side note, this is 343's last chance to get everything right again. If they don't most of us are pretty much done with the Halo series. So it's very important that 343 makes Halo 5 like Halo 3 without Equipment and High Spread. 343 can't afford to make one more drastic mistake like they did with Halo 4 or the Halo franchise as we know it is finished. So to all you people blindly praising and defending 343 for their works, you are a joke. Most of us gave legitimate reasons for why Halo is dying and some of you still want to kiss 343's behind. Some of you just make me as well as the majority sick. How can you honestly say that Halo is doing just fine when the series is dying before your very eyes. If the Halo franchise does die completely and Halo 5 comes out as a terrible game that's basically Halo 4.5, then you people defending and praising the developer is also to blame because you gave 343 terrible ideas and they implemented them.

So, forcing me to spawn with a BR is good, despite the fact I'm awful with it and some people are amazing is fair? Well, that luts me at an immediate disadvantage. Alternatively, I could spawn with a DMR, and have the opportunity to go toe to toe with people who are good at a weapon with a weapon I'm good with. I rarely like multi-shot weapons, which is why I don't like H3.

I'm all for bringing back classic game modes, but not at the expense of the ones I enjoy. I feel it important to care to everyone, not just the elite or new- sprint as a feature and more playlists at launch would have helped this. Asking for things like AA's and spring to be removed for classic play is one thing, but removing them entirely is another.

Hold on, hold on.

Alright, lets not degrade ourselves to calling each other stupid. That's not a valid argument.

Ten minutes later...

you are a joke

me as well as the majority sick.

If it's any consolidation, I find H4 mm quite boring, too. Just better than the rest. As long as the story remains good (And in 343's hands, the story is safe), I couldn't give two ****s about multiplayer. Titanfall and Battlefiekd are much more fun to me anyway- therefore, I will take your advice and play a game I enjoy playing. I suggest you take your own advice- if you enjoy the previous games so much, there is nothing stopping you playing them now.

• Like 1

Yes BucunShulf. Forcing everybody to spawn with the same weapon despite the fact that some people suck and others are good is completely fair. I'd rather the game go by whoever is the better player wins. If you as well as other don't like that, then you can leave and go play COD where everybody is a winner. As for me and most other fans of Halo we want our game to be successful and in order for that to happen, we need to permanently remove things that don't belong such as Sprint, Loadouts, Armor Abilities, Instant Respawn, Join-In Progress, Killcams, Perks, etc... If 343 makes Halo 5 like Halo 2/3 they'll win back most of the core fans while losing players from other franchises that came over when Halo 4 implemented things that ruined the game. Let's just hope that happens with Halo 5. I as well as the other core Halo fans would rather lose the new players and gain back the old players than the other way around.

Yes BucunShulf. Forcing everybody to spawn with the same weapon despite the fact that some people suck and others are good is completely fair. I'd rather the game go by whoever is the better player wins. If you as well as other don't like that, then you can leave and go play COD where everybody is a winner.

But the game currently in the MM cycle has what your talking about. There are multiple playlists in Halo 4 matchmaking that force everyone to start with the same weapons.

Besides if Multiplayer in Halo 5 was solely like that, then prepare for an even bigger backlash from the community then there was with Halo 4.

Besides our little ramblings probably don't have any merit to 343i at all: well at least on here. You want to argue about this, then go to Waypoint where there's a chance it might be heard by 343i.

For now this topic has been butchered profusely, and I don't think we'll get past our impasse.

I wish they would get the pistol just as powerful as it was in Halo: CE. Same thing with the Assault Rifle. Halo 4 was fine, don't get me wrong, but it would be cool if they made the next game more like 1 and 2. You'd get tons of hours out of that, especially with whatever features the XBONE has in store for the future.

* The complete removal of Spartan Ops

I strongly disagree. Spartan Ops was what kept me playing Halo 4 for several months. I think the Halo storyline should be expanded as much as possible unless it contradicts previously established lore (which is one of the main reasons I dislike Glasslands). It's not really that similar to Firefight at all apart from the "online cooperative play" element, and while I would like Firefight back in future Halo titles, I can always go and play Halo: Reach.

Forge should be expanded, I think, and the ability to create Firefight and/or Spartan Ops-like levels with NPCs and objectives added in. Also, playable Sangheili must return.  

• Like 1

Ok im only going to say one thing regarding this.

If you want Halo 5 to be sooo much like H3 then why not just go play Halo 3?

>tells people that they shouldn't be allowed to do something if they disagree

>calls those people idiots

I sense hypocrisy at the highest level.

hahahahaha the hypocrisy level is over 9000!!!!

• Like 2

Ok guys this is really F***ing annoying! Stop comparing Call of Duty to Halo...they are nothing alike! And never will be! Sprint is an awesome feature in Halo, and that thing you mentioned about always being able to escape a gunfight that you are losing with sprint is just a big pile of crap! I can never get away from a fight I am losing with sprint! And it would be kind of really stupid not being able to sprint since we are playing as Spartans! Spartans are enhanced super soldiers! Taking away sprint for a Spartan is like taking away spider-mans wall crawling ability. He is practically not spider-man then...and ChristopherRyan no matter how big a map is, sprint or no sprint, the game will always be action packed...Technology is advancing, and that means Video Games are advancing...which means developers are being able to make faster paced games, with better quality graphics. Halo needs change other wise we will be stuck in the past, with all the same things, and we will be bored as hell, Sprint needs to stay. And as for Custom loadouts, they also need to stay. Everybody needs a chance to equally win, and spawning with a weapon that you suck with, and other people spawn with the same weapon and they are very good with it...that means the game is not =...having Custom Loadouts helps balance the game. If everybody has the same weapon and you suck with it and somebody else is good with it, is not = and that means they have a better chance of winning and that is wrong...the better man should not always win, everybody should have an = chance to win, and Loadouts balance's that out. And as for the creator of this Topic, if you want most of the things you listed on your hard to read list, just forget about the newer games and just stick to playing Halo 3. Other wise besides all of the things related to Halo 3 other than duel-wielding I agree with you...they should get rid of the Boltshot...if they have that in the newer games than that means there will be no duel-wielding.

• Like 1

But the game currently in the MM cycle has what your talking about. There are multiple playlists in Halo 4 matchmaking that force everyone to start with the same weapons.

Besides if Multiplayer in Halo 5 was solely like that, then prepare for an even bigger backlash from the community then there was with Halo 4.

Besides our little ramblings probably don't have any merit to 343i at all: well at least on here. You want to argue about this, then go to Waypoint where there's a chance it might be heard by 343i.

For now this topic has been butchered profusely, and I don't think we'll get past our impasse.

That's wrong about Halo 4 Self Destruct. The playlist still isn't classic therefore it' can't be considered good.

Ok im only going to say one thing regarding this.

If you want Halo 5 to be sooo much like H3 then why not just go play Halo 3?

hahahahaha the hypocrisy level is over 9000!!!!

Are you that narrow-minded Vita Scaletta? Halo 3 is a good game and I've went back to it, but the population isn't what it was at the beginning anymore. Once Halo 5 comes out there hardly be anyone playing it then. Halo 3 will be 8 years old before long meaning that the game isn't going to be around forever. Telling me and others to go back to a game that's almost 8 years old is very stupid and close-minded of you to say. We shouldn't have to go back to a game that's 7 years old just to enjoy Halo. We should be able to go to a new Halo game expecting no different than the last titles. You as well as others like you are sickening and are helping to ruin Halo.

I see a lot a vague gneralities being thrown around here. Terms being used to classify realities that are strictly opinion, and opinion only based on bias self viewed experiences.

Answer one question logicaly and with enough statement and proof so that the answer is a fact and not wild speculation or selective self interest.... If Halo 3 was and still is the superior game, why is the population so low? It is still quite playable and nothing has been done to limit or restrict its playability.

Ok guys this is really F***ing annoying! Stop comparing Call of Duty to Halo...they are nothing alike! And never will be! Sprint is an awesome feature in Halo, and that thing you mentioned about always being able to escape a gunfight that you are losing with sprint is just a big pile of crap! I can never get away from a fight I am losing with sprint! And it would be kind of really stupid not being able to sprint since we are playing as Spartans! Spartans are enhanced super soldiers! Taking away sprint for a Spartan is like taking away spider-mans wall crawling ability. He is practically not spider-man then...and ChristopherRyan no matter how big a map is, sprint or no sprint, the game will always be action packed...Technology is advancing, and that means Video Games are advancing...which means developers are being able to make faster paced games, with better quality graphics. Halo needs change other wise we will be stuck in the past, with all the same things, and we will be bored as hell, Sprint needs to stay. And as for Custom loadouts, they also need to stay. Everybody needs a chance to equally win, and spawning with a weapon that you suck with, and other people spawn with the same weapon and they are very good with it...that means the game is not =...having Custom Loadouts helps balance the game. If everybody has the same weapon and you suck with it and somebody else is good with it, is not = and that means they have a better chance of winning and that is wrong...the better man should not always win, everybody should have an = chance to win, and Loadouts balance's that out. And as for the creator of this Topic, if you want most of the things you listed on your hard to read list, just forget about the newer games and just stick to playing Halo 3. Other wise besides all of the things related to Halo 3 other than duel-wielding I agree with you...they should get rid of the Boltshot...if they have that in the newer games than that means there will be no duel-wielding.

Happy Gilmore, you really don't have common sense do you? You can't compare Spider-Man to Spartans because they are completely different. To say that it wouldn't be realistic to take out Sprint is stupid. I as well as others are so sick and tired of hearing "we're Spartans, we should be able to Sprint" argument. It doesn't give one reason why Sprint is good. All it does is prove how much you and others have no clue what you're saying. Sprint as well as other features such as Loadouts, Armor Abilities, Instant Respawn, etc... are what's killing the franchise. By the way, if you suck at Halo then either improve your game or maybe Halo isn't for you, but don't blame the game for you being trash. Also I as well as others would love to stick around Halo 3, but there's only one problem about that. Halo 3 isn't going to be around forever, so we need the next titles to be like it. If you don't like that, then maybe you all should leave, how about that.

Happy Gilmore, you really don't have common sense do you? You can't compare Spider-Man to Spartans because they are completely different. To say that it wouldn't be realistic to take out Sprint is stupid. I as well as others are so sick and tired of hearing "we're Spartans, we should be able to Sprint" argument. It doesn't give one reason why Sprint is good. All it does is prove how much you and others have no clue what you're saying. Sprint as well as other features such as Loadouts, Armor Abilities, Instant Respawn, etc... are what's killing the franchise. By the way, if you suck at Halo then either improve your game or maybe Halo isn't for you, but don't blame the game for you being trash. Also I as well as others would love to stick around Halo 3, but there's only one problem about that. Halo 3 isn't going to be around forever, so we need the next titles to be like it. If you don't like that, then maybe you all should leave, how about that.

Also Happy Gilmore, you can nowadays compare Halo to Call Of Duty because of the features, so eat that. You clearly proved that you have no common sense and that you really don't know what's best for Halo. I'm starting to think if you as well as others defending 343 really are Halo fans, because what I'm getting out of this is that you only came over to Halo once it started copying Call Of Duty. If so then leave and go back to your own game and quit ruining ours. You are such a joke. You make me sick.

Halo also imitated the whole Aliens genre.  Right down to it's Pelican, marines and even the black Sargent that smokes a cigar.  Am I going to bash Halo for stealing 75% of it's creative roots from Aliens?  No.  Xbox Fan, your posts and replies are usually direct insults to people whom you feel are not fans, or not true Halo players.  I'm curious, on what basis can you judge someone on their level or being a fan?  What gave you the right and power to decide on what basis being a fan is determined.  You didn't answer my question at all, you simply avoided it.  I'm sensing a pattern in your posts.  If you can't properly defend something, you call people out with names or term usage like "not a fan", or "you make me sick".

These are not proving points, they are your own opinions and as such have no relevance on what is making or breaking the game.

I ask you again, if Halo 3 is the superior title, why is it's population so low compared to Halo 4?

• Like 1