I need tips

I am a huge fan of Halo 2 and would play it on forever if I did not have Steam. But I plan to get meself an Xbox 360 and play some Halo 3 since it has multiplayer still (I hope). I want to dominate the crowd and plan to play some Halo 2 for training. My favorite weapons is the Battle Rifle (All time favorite!), Sub Machine Gun, and Shotgun. So far I can play Halo 2 on heroic, but barley. Can you tell me some tips and tricks with those weapons to get extremely good on Halo 2 and excel in Halo 3? 

The best way to improve your skill in Halo 3 is to play it and get acquainted with the newer mechanics. The weapon physics change from game to game, so the Battle Rifle, SMG, and Shotgun behave differently in Halo 3 than in Halo 2. The Battle Rifle's rounds do not hit their target instantly, so you have to lead your shots slightly. It's still a force to be reckoned with and inflicts the same damage, but now a bit more tact is required to use it efficiently.

Although I never used the SMG, it's more dangerous in Halo 3. Its accuracy, range, damage, and rate of fire are greater than Halo 2. There's also a delay before your crosshair starts to climb up.

The Shotgun is a powerhouse in Halo 3. Its range is much greater, capable of killing targets 2-3x the range of Halo 2's Shotgun. However, it also has a decreased ammo capacity, with 30 spare shells and only 6 per magazine.

The best way to improve your skill in Halo 3 is to play it and get acquainted with the newer mechanics. The weapon physics change from game to game, so the Battle Rifle, SMG, and Shotgun behave differently in Halo 3 than in Halo 2. The Battle Rifle's rounds do not hit their target instantly, so you have to lead your shots slightly. It's still a force to be reckoned with and inflicts the same damage, but now a bit more tact is required to use it efficiently.

Although I never used the SMG, it's more dangerous in Halo 3. Its accuracy, range, damage, and rate of fire are greater than Halo 2. There's also a delay before your crosshair starts to climb up.

The Shotgun is a powerhouse in Halo 3. Its range is much greater, capable of killing targets 2-3x the range of Halo 2's Shotgun. However, it also has a decreased ammo capacity, with 30 spare shells and only 6 per magazine.

Thanks, except I stated I needed tips for Halo 2 and not Halo 3  :laughing: I thought knowing the ins and outs of Halo 2 will make me be a powerhouse in Halo 3.  

Thanks, except I stated I needed tips for Halo 2 and not Halo 3  :laughing: I thought knowing the ins and outs of Halo 2 will make me be a powerhouse in Halo 3.  

Oops! That last bit where you said "Can you tell me some tips and tricks with those weapons to get extremely good on Halo 2 and excel in Halo 3?" threw me off. :P

While knowing the core mechanics of Halo 2 will help you in Halo 3, there are some differences that can make some Halo 2 tips moot. While dual-wielding Needlers in Halo 2 is very powerful, you can't dual-wield them in Halo 3. Plus, online support for playing Halo 2 is practically nonexistent.

Oops! That last bit where you said "Can you tell me some tips and tricks with those weapons to get extremely good on Halo 2 and excel in Halo 3?" threw me off. :P

While knowing the core mechanics of Halo 2 will help you in Halo 3, there are some differences that can make some Halo 2 tips moot. While dual-wielding Needlers in Halo 2 is very powerful, you can't dual-wield them in Halo 3. Plus, online support for playing Halo 2 is practically nonexistent.

Yeah, I use campaign as my training ground, I need tips on how to quickly dispose of covenant with the weapons I stated since they have better shielding than normal players.