343 and H2A

NIV3K

343 will screw up H2A some how. Most likely they will not add H2 multiplayer, they will create some excuse or lie. Even though everyone knows MP was the best part and the main reason so many people played H2. Players didn't play the campaign everyday for 3 to 6 hours, they played MP. Hopefully if they do add MP it's the same exact one from 10 years ago even the DLC ones, all the same weapons and ONLY (OS and Invis) No other stupid perks or DMRs. To simply put it COPY and PASTE. But I'm sure someone is going to work everyday at 343 over caffeinated and feeling like Vincent van Gogh.

Or you could just be happy with the fact 343i is bringing back Halo 2. I played Halo 2 for its campaign but I also loved the multiplayer. To be honest I don't understand why you're having a go at 343i, they did an amazing job with Halo CE and they'll do a great job with Halo 2 anniversary. If you were a true fan of the series you wouldn't butcher them, especially when no information on the game has been released yet. Have some faith with 343i, they will get better. Everyone is well awaare 343i is no Bungie but they are the best suited in taking over the Halo franchise and I don't doubt they'll succeed. And it seems people including yourself don't understand how much hard work goes into making a game. It takes time and great effort, be patient and wait 'till they reveal their awesomeness at E3 

• Like 2

Right coming from the worst Halo so far H4, the campaign was alright. The MP was horrible felt like COD MW 25. They know if they make H2A and make it the way it SHOULD be ( copy and paste) then who the Fk is going to play H5 or H6 online. So the will screw up H2A online some how. Are they fans of Halo or are they just fans of $$$.

I'm not bashing I'am only stating the obvious based on sales and total amount of gamers on online servers. If you can't face facts then this is not a forum for you. Sorry I don't know how you can think H4 sold as many as H2 and has as many online players as H2 did. The popularity of Halo is declining, Halo gets most of there sales from the grounds they broke with HCE,H2,H3. It's the name selling there games not the actual game play. 343 needs to stop trying to be COD with there perks and ordinance strikes, H2 was so fun because you had to fight for power weApons, they didn't just fall from the sky like in H4, the same goes for the perks OS and Invis was enough now they have like 12 different things. There was actual strategy to H2 and it's shooting now they have dumbed it down for everyone just so they can make more sales like COD does. All I'am saying I hope H2A goes back online and it's competitive again fight for power weapons, OS/Invis and the high ground or key spots on the map.

Yet again we are jumping to pointless meritless conclusions.  There is no official word or confirmation of H2A.  Aside from that, 343i didn't have direct development of CEA and it did suck.  All it was, was just the Sabre 3d engine running a second instance of the game with new textured non-collision geometry.  It is not that hard to do and quite frankly was not worth the price tag attached to it'

I'm not bashing I'am only stating the obvious based on sales and total amount of gamers on online servers. If you can't face facts then this is not a forum for you. Sorry I don't know how you can think H4 sold as many as H2 and has as many online players as H2 did. The popularity of Halo is declining, Halo gets most of there sales from the grounds they broke with HCE,H2,H3. It's the name selling there games not the actual game play. 343 needs to stop trying to be COD with there perks and ordinance strikes, H2 was so fun because you had to fight for power weApons, they didn't just fall from the sky like in H4, the same goes for the perks OS and Invis was enough now they have like 12 different things. There was actual strategy to H2 and it's shooting now they have dumbed it down for everyone just so they can make more sales like COD does. All I'am saying I hope H2A goes back online and it's competitive again fight for power weapons, OS/Invis and the high ground or key spots on the map.

This is the forum for me because ultimately I also face the facts when I say it's pointless complaining about it because you, nor' I can change anything. "I don't know how you think H4 sold as many as Halo 2" When the hell did I say that, don't put words in my mouth. Yes, whilst I agree that Halo has taken I turn I'm not a fan huge of, I'm not going to bother throwing around complaints about the game, even if there is a little truth to what you're saying. By the way, Halo isn't trying to be COD, why does COD have to be at the center of everything? COD is a basic brain dead shooter, not to be compared with any Halo game. I like the Halo 4 regardless, and concerning ordinance etc companies have to bring new ideas from under the table, as much as people loved Halo 3, they had to implement change in Halo 4. It's how games evolve and ultimately it's there to keep gamers interested (Clearly not to you people but there you are). I'm not willing to complain about it because I'm happy that the Halo series is even continuing.

Ultimately that's your opinion on the matter, and it's not going to change anything. When you say this isn't the forum for me, really, this isn't the forum for you. You don't understand your place here, this is a fun and friendly community (Most of the time) filled with great members, game nights, competitions and so on. This isn't a place where you make an account, and simply make 1 thread only to drop a brick on a Halo game for whatever reason. Yes, I would love to be able to play Halo 2 again just like back in the day but we can't all get what we want. Oh and I do get your point, you don't have to remind me.

Your opinion is without basis regarding your second post. Are they about the $$$, yes. All gaming companies are about the $$$ but they are also 100% there for their passion for gaming or game design, whatever. I'm not going to bother going into greater detail, even though I already bothered wasting my time typing in this thread.

Yet again we are jumping to pointless meritless conclusions.  There is no official word or confirmation of H2A.  Aside from that, 343i didn't have direct development of CEA and it did suck.  All it was, was just the Sabre 3d engine running a second instance of the game with new textured non-collision geometry.  It is not that hard to do and quite frankly was not worth the price tag attached to it'

"CEA sucked" is clearly your opinion alone, you should say "personally" because without saying that it would appear your speaking fact when you say it. You didn't have to buy the game. Halo CEA could have just been swept under that carpet but they didn't because they know people wanted to be able to play Halo 1 again and would be a nice surprise, regardless of the price tag. Halo 1 is a game that gave a lot of gamers good memories, for some their first ever game. I bought the game for £40, worth it. Why you ask? Because regardless of the price, the game is a classic and worth the money to relive those memories. And, it was celebrating 10 years of Halo, how can you complain about them revamping a classic?

Edited by ShockGazm

Man I feel like it will always be "bungie kids" vs the "MLG" kids. You want to know the reason why halo 2 was so successful? It was because Halo 2 was the first halo played on live. There was basic setting for a playlist besides Hardcore being Br starts. It brought casual and competitive players together. There was a learning curve that split the Comp. players from the casual players. Halo 2 came out with a lot of good maps on the disc and some great DLC ones. The ranking system was great and there as no voting on maps.(which was awesome that way you never played the same map all the damn time) When Halo 3 came out I was excited because it was a new halo on a new console but the excitement was short lived with the flares and that health drain thing.(bubble shield didn't bother me to much) The game felt slow and sluggish and BR spread was stupid. Not to mention the Power Ups where big for no reason. MLG basically made a new game with the custom settings which they never should of had to. Why you ask? Because it caused the community to split because the dramatic difference between the playlist. When the beta for reach came out I was skeptical and unsure but I actually like the mechanics of the game except for the bloom for the DMR. The pistol was awesome because it was kind of the like HCE pistol minus the 3 shot. Halo 4 was ehh. I love they brought Br back was it wasn't the same as the original BR. As much as I miss the old days I moved on. Halo has to adapt but at the same time don't try to re invent the wheel. They should of stuck with halo 2 and built off of that. Remember this is all my opinion and why I think it went it down hill

I am new to the forums, but I have played Halo 2 since I was 7. I think that 343 has learned there lesson and make Halo 2 even better! An idea I suggest is that brute Captains and Majors rarely have a spiker, mauler, and some spike grenades. And maybe the jackals have red plasma pistols (stupid idea). That would add to the sense that the Covenant is quickly mass producing these Halo 3 weapons and can only assign them to high ranking brutes. 

For the multiplayer, I was never allowed to play multiplayer and by the time I was allowed, the Xbox service was canceled! So I do not know what it was like  :laughing: