Forerunner HELP!

stu1

I am playing on Legendary, and I just cleared the part where you see the didacts ship, and come into a room with a long platform elevator, the level before you meet the librarian I believe.  I have watched a  walkthrough and that worked for the first part, to hug the left wall.  They state in the walkthrough to run past all the enemies, well that wont work for me.  I am faced with 4 knights and 2 watchers.  I manage to kill all but 2 knights and then I am out of ammo with my light rifle.  I believe one knight has a BR, cause one shot and I am toast.  How the hell do I get through this?

It looks like you're in a bit of a pickle! Is this on the level where the Covenant and Forerunners are fighting against each other, or have they started to work together? Because the level before you meet the Librarian is the level called "Infinity", where you're in the jungle for the first half of the level and then you ride around in vehicles for the second half.

If the distance is too great for you to cover by sprinting, take cover wherever you can. For the last bit, if you have a Hardlight Shield, face your enemies and use it, walking backwards in the process. Also remember that Knights take a long time to fire their Binary Rifles. So what you can do is troll them by poking out of cover, and make them shoot at you. When they're about to shoot, go back into hiding or else... as you said yourself, you're toast. Then try making a mad dash out of the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, your problem seems to be solved, so I can't advise you there anymore, but I can still offer this.

For future issues, always make sure to have as much ammo as possible, and take cover every time your shield goes down. Every time. Always be in a position where that is possible. When you have to advance, advance from cover to cover, sprinting. Never let a Promethean recharge his shield unless you yourself must recharge yours. Their shield recharge begins immediately after finishing a teleport.

Most importantly, pay close attention to how every Promethean behaves. You can predict pretty much everything they do by a movement they make first, or a pattern.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...