Halo 5 Forge

c_33_johnston

I really liked the Halo Reach Forge! I thought it was spectacular! I was thinking Halo 5's Forge could be a little like Halo Reach's. It would be very cool if you could Forge maps and have maybe The Flood spawn on them. You can survive against The Flood in a way you prefer. Or maybe you could just spawn computer players on your forge maps. I also enjoyed Halo Reach's firefight but after a while it just got a little boring. Maybe 343 could bring back firefight with The Flood and spice the firefight game mode up a bit! Thanks for taking time and reading this!

• Like 1

I think computer players would be a great addition to Halo in general. If 343 is worried that players will have trouble distinguishing between AI and players when people post videos of killionaires or Unfriggenbelievables on YouTube then perhaps they could make the AI look unique, maybe robotic like a training simulation.

Spawning AI players on forge maps could also come in handy when you don't have time to get a big lobby together to test your map.

I think Flood firefight would be great, but with this being the "Reclaimer" trilogy I find it hard to think (based off the storyline in Halo 4's campaign) they'll add flood into firefight. That being said I feel as though Forerunner Firefight and Covenant Firefight are still very real possibilities for Halo 5.

I think Flood firefight would be great, but with this being the "Reclaimer" trilogy I find it hard to think (based off the storyline in Halo 4's campaign) they'll add flood into firefight. That being said I feel as though Forerunner Firefight and Covenant Firefight are still very real possibilities for Halo 5.

Not true. In 4 they introduced the game type flood. Instead of keeping with infection they chose to put spacial emphasis on the flood aspect going so far as to create a model for the flood not just a black spartan with a sword. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Wargames is a simulation that Spartans go through to prepare and train. All holodeck stuff like star trek I think. It wouldn't be a stretch at all if the unsc, seeing what the flood did to earth, would compile all known data on the flood, make a training modual out of it, and, well, train with it in case of future flood outbreaks. I see flood having a place in all future games if only in multiplayer.

PS if the flood show up in the campaign other than a flashback or mention then I'm not buying the game.

Yes! I'd love Flood firefight, I'd also love to go up against various types of flood, if they do this that would be awesome!

Not true. In 4 they introduced the game type flood. Instead of keeping with infection they chose to put spacial emphasis on the flood aspect going so far as to create a model for the flood not just a black spartan with a sword. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Wargames is a simulation that Spartans go through to prepare and train. All holodeck stuff like star trek I think. It wouldn't be a stretch at all if the unsc, seeing what the flood did to earth, would compile all known data on the flood, make a training modual out of it, and, well, train with it in case of future flood outbreaks. I see flood having a place in all future games if only in multiplayer.

PS if the flood show up in the campaign other than a flashback or mention then I'm not buying the game.

That's right! I tend to forget that Halo 4's War Games are literally that- War games. 

With that thought in mind, it would add a lot to "simulations" if you have to prepare for every possible situation. Perhaps 343 should build on this even greater in the Halo 5. Maybe add some interesting text to the loadscreen, or even more interesting add cutscenes to matchmaking. 

The start of Firefight could be a large empty room that suddenly virtualizes and enemy's appear as your squad instructor (prefferrably the voice of the announcer) informs you "Firefight Simulations begin in 5...4...3...2...1..." 

That's right! I tend to forget that Halo 4's War Games are literally that- War games. 

Thanky you! 343 is sitting on a goldmine, they have litteraly given you a justifiable reason to make rediculous forge maps and stupid little game types but they give you such little to work with that its sad. They are really missing out on a big opportunity. I hope they make it up to the forge community in 5... we are really hurtin over here! Nerdette out.

• Like 1

Human vs. Bots match?      YES PLEASE. (as long as no stats are recorded....freakin' boosters)

Bots in private lobbies?      YES PLEASE.

Enemy spawners in forge? YES PLEASE.

This could even be a somewhat viable solution to joining lobbies in progress (which is a big problem right now). Just replace the quitting player(s) with a bot of relatively equal difficulty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...