The Halo Card Game!

Buns

I've never done one of these long topics before so forgive me if it sounds boring.

Heyo everyone and I've been working on a Halo Card Game(sorta)
this idea came to my mind a few months ago and since then I've forged some ideas here and there and came up with a nice solid ground.(If you have ever played Scrolls or YuGiOh it takes some concepts from there) My original idea was to do this on my own but I quickly realized how much work it would actually be so I am looking for help from the Halo Community!
So basically if you are in anyway interested in helping I'll explain how you can below.
Also to note that I already have a strong sense of where I want this project to go and have addressed some major issues regarding balancing and such.

You can help in any way too! Regardless if you have never played card games(Even if you just want to help make cards but ti would be nice if you knew the lore and have experience with Card Games that would be useful!)

My overall goal for this project is to create an enjoyable balanced card game thats true to the lore and when it is finally finished I would like if the community could basically make their own cards as well!

So heres the application thingyamob(I might add or edit this but its the best I could think of for now)

What experience do you have with card games?

What are some of your skill/talents?

How would you like to contribute to this project?

Cheese or Pepproni?

Favorite Halo game?

On a scale of 1-10(117) how well do you think you know Halo(This can be anything from concepts that were cut from games to overall lore)?

Are you rebel scum?

Just post your answers below and if I like your application I will contact you and give you more information on the project. If you have a Skype that would be extremely helpful as I would most likely be using Skype as a main way of contact.
If you have any questions post them down below I'll make sure to answer them :thumbsup:

Edited by Buns
  • Like 1

(1) Ben 10 Galactic trading card game; Sumo Slammers

(2) In any way I can, maybe develop stats for each card or even help with the coding (assuming you run it on JScript)

(3) Pepperoni, obviously.

(4) Either Reach or Halo 4 (these being my first two Halo games, and the only ones I own that allowed for matchmaking in 2014)

(5) 6 or 7

(6) My allegiance is to the Republic, to Democracy!

• Like 2

(1) Ben 10 Galactic trading card game; Sumo Slammers

(2) In any way I can, maybe develop stats for each card or even help with the coding (assuming you run it on JScript)

(3) Pepperoni, obviously.

(4) Either Reach or Halo 4 (these being my first two Halo games, and the only ones I own that allowed for matchmaking in 2014)

(5) 6 or 7

Actually forgot to state this. The goal of this project is to make it a digital card game that you can play against your friends in but I am still learning programming didn't expect someone with programming knowledge to come along so early on so this helps a lot! But I would also like to make this a print out and play game so people who enjoy traditonal card games .

I played Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid but I'm pretty good at unit balancing anyway.

Writing. Unit Balancing. Screenshot capture (Capture Card),

Whichever way is necessary

Cheese or Pepperoni?
Pepperoni

Favorite Halo game?
4. Deal with it.

On a scale of 1-10(117) how well do you think you know Halo(This can be anything from concepts that were cut from games to overall lore)?
I know lore very well. Bit less so for Forerunner/ Precursor stuff but fairly well.

Are you rebel scum?

I am a part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor. Take me away!

Liked purely for that.

Edited by Minutes To Midnight
  • Like 2

I played Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid but I'm pretty good at unit balancing anyway.

Writing. Unit Balancing. Screenshot capture (Capture Card),

Whichever way is necessary

Cheese or Pepperoni?

Pepperoni

Favorite Halo game?

4. Deal with it.

I know lore very well. Bit less so for Forerunner/ Precursor stuff but fairly well.

Are you rebel scum?

I am a part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor. Take me away!

Liked purely for that.

Sent you a PM with more information thanks for applying Midnight! 

Oooooh!

Is this what I think it is? I've thought about developing my own card game for a while now, and Halo was one of the categories that came to mind if I were ever to get my act together and start development. I would love to help out with this project!

1. What experience do you have with card games?

Over the years, I've played my fair share of card games, if not more. I started off with the classic Yu-Gi-Oh (skipping Pokemon o_O) and then moved onto Magic. I've got around a hundred Magic cards and play from time to time, but I play more of the videogame. I have 2012 and, as a result of the fabulous Games for Gold, 2013.

2. What are some of your skill/talents?

Hm. Well, I do love to write fiction (stories, roleplaying, that sort of thing) and I have a little programming knowledge, if you can count a basic understanding of HTML4/5 and three or four Computing lessons teaching me how to make a basic calculator as knowledge. From time to time, I can be fairly decent at drawing too, but I wouldn't rely on that ;)

3. How would you like to contribute to this project?

I'd like to lean towards the way the game works and balance and all that good stuff. However, I wouldn't mind also writing a few card descriptions as well, if that needs doing.

4. Cheese or Pepperoni?

Both! You can't have a pepperoni pizza without cheese! What kind of crazy world do you live in, sir?

5. Favorite Halo game?

Ooh, that's a toughie. I like 'em all for different reasons: CE for the nostalgia and soundtrack, 2 for the amazing solo story-line, 3 for the epic custom games, ODST for the badass Troopers, Reach for the awesome missions and 4 for the goose-bumpingly fantastic variety (Woo, Spartan Ops!). But I've got to say my favourite to play is Halo Wars - getting five buds and duking it out in a two-three hours 3vs3 just cuts it for me.

6. On a scale of 1-10(117) how well do you think you know Halo?

Probably somewhere between 9 and 117, if I do say so myself. I study and discuss the Halo universe constantly, whether it's here, on Xbox or at college. Facts and figures and trivia have seemed to stick in my head since I joined my first Halo RP three years ago; hell, I know more about the history of the Halo than I do my own country, and Britain had a pretty good empire these last two millenia with a lot of things going on (keep in mind I probably studied that for about ten years of my life as well - it sort of makes me feel like a sad *cough*).

7. Are you rebel scum?

Son, I've fought this war for two-and-a-half decades, lost an arm and a leg and killed thousands of those alien ********! Ask the rest of the Corps if I'm rebel scum, you ungrateful little---!

I hope ya' let me join in with this :D

- Sam

• Like 2

I have played Magic the Gathering extensively.

Uh...can we come back to that? No lol, I do CGI.

What do you need me for?

Cheese or Pepproni?

PEPPERONI

Favorite Halo game?

All of 'em.

1337. I am a maestro of halo lore. Ask, and I will answer.

Are you rebel scum?

Most definitely.

Poker, all kinds

yu-gi-oh, back in the day

Magic the gathering (Huge collection, years playing)

MLB Showdown (Baseball card game in the early 2000's, didn't make enough money and went under :'( 

I am learning some programming languages currently, and got the brains.. Oh, my talent is making my hands look like a gun and going "pew, pew."

I can help with balance, rough design and development. Testing especially.

Cheese or Pepproni?

Sausages, sliced

Favorite Halo game?

Halo 3

6 to a 7

Are you rebel scum?

Nope, I'm a proud Inni.

Edited by Sikslik7