Kilo-Five symbolism?

Seeker of Truth

Having reread Glasslands and The Thursday War over the past week, I just noticed some potential symbolism. I think the Servants of Abiding Truth and Covenant Remnant represent al-Qaeda. The Arbiter and his forces represent the Soviet Union, and ONI the United States. 

Think of it this way- we have one group that was very recently at war with another in Glasslands, while in the Soviet war the United States and Russia were not directly at war with each other but at each other's throats. The United States helped a resistance movement that wasn't friendly to them, but would help to eliminate the threat of the Soviets anyway. 

Sound familiar?

However, in my opinion, ONI are significantly worse than the US, because while the Soviets actually were a threat, the Arbiter's followers (which really need a better name than that; it makes Thel Vadam sound like a tyrant) actually want an alliance with the humans, while the Covenant as always is trying to eradicate the human race. So they made what would have been a relatively minor threat to the human race a major one, killed a lot of their allies, denied the UNSC a lot of extra support, and are in the end responsible for all of the deaths the Remnant caused.

Thoughts?  

• Like 1

Having reread Glasslands and The Thursday War over the past week, I just noticed some potential symbolism. I think the Servants of Abiding Truth and Covenant Remnant represent al-Qaeda. The Arbiter and his forces represent the Soviet Union, and ONI the United States. 

Think of it this way- we have one group that was very recently at war with another in Glasslands, while in the Soviet war the United States and Russia were not directly at war with each other but at each other's throats. The United States helped a resistance movement that wasn't friendly to them, but would help to eliminate the threat of the Soviets anyway. 

Sound familiar?

However, in my opinion, ONI are significantly worse than the US, because while the Soviets actually were a threat, the Arbiter's followers (which really need a better name than that; it makes Thel Vadam sound like a tyrant) actually want an alliance with the humans, while the Covenant as always is trying to eradicate the human race. So they made what would have been a relatively minor threat to the human race a major one, killed a lot of their allies, denied the UNSC a lot of extra support, and are in the end responsible for all of the deaths the Remnant caused.

Thoughts?  

you may be overthinking this a bit but this is a very good idea :thumbsup: