DLC Rip Off

Corey Tower

What was the point of spending $30 on DLC that is almost never played because it never shows up or not everyone has it?

I'm beyond pissed. It's in certain playlist... if I'm lucky for it to show up. for the 30 bucks I payed I think i've played maybe $10 worth.

I'd demand a refund but I know I won't get it.

• Like 4

What was the point of spending $30 on DLC that is almost never played because it never shows up or not everyone has it?

I'm beyond pissed. It's in certain playlist... if I'm lucky for it to show up. for the 30 bucks I payed I think i've played maybe $10 worth.

I'd demand a refund but I know I won't get it.

I could not agree more I at least thing 343 could swap the map packs around every week or 2 weeks :thumbsup:

I could not agree more I at least thing 343 could swap the map packs around every week or 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Swap them around? Your joking right?

Here's the easy solution 2 playlists for DLC

First one is the newest DLC which disappears over time

Second playlist DLC only (all DLC) in 1 playlist

Not rocket science

• Like 4

I agree with SJ, two dedicated playlists would be great for those who want it. Though one is still enough, I'd prefer to have 3 honestly, one like you said SJ, a temporary one. But then 2 others, one that is purely slayer gametypes, then one that is purely objective. That why the voting for gametypes/maps is a lot nicer to those who want to play selected gametypes on certain maps.

One point I might add also, is that the complaints about this is just surprising, Bungie did the same thing in Halo Reach, and I heard no complaints like this whatsoever. It was just a thing you had to deal with, so why I wonder is everyone kicking up a fuss about this?

• Like 2

Swap them around? Your joking right?

Here's the easy solution 2 playlists for DLC

First one is the newest DLC which disappears over time

Second playlist DLC only (all DLC) in 1 playlist

Not rocket science

I don't think swapping them around is that bad of a idea I mean one week there is a crimson dlc playlist second week there is a majestic and on the third week a castle week then back to crimson to give everyone a chance to play there map packs there paid for as if they was one dlc playlist not everyone might not have all 3 or 2 so having a different set every week would give someone who just brought crimson a chance to play it :thumbsup:

I don't think swapping them around is that bad of a idea I mean one week there is a crimson dlc playlist second week there is a majestic and on the third week a castle week then back to crimson to give everyone a chance to play there map packs there paid for as if they was one dlc playlist not everyone might not have all 3 or 2 so having a different set every week would give someone who just brought crimson a chance to play it :thumbsup:

fact is most people got the war games pass, to get all 3 DLC's theres not many gamers that just purchased the odd map pack. where as the champions bundle is seperate so not everyone will get it.

in a perfect world there would be 4 playlists, one for crimson, majestic, castle & champions. but that is never gonna happen.

to be quite brutally honest rotating the playlists and removing them when another map pack comes out should be illegal, we the gamer have paid for them, yes we can play in customs but not everyone can / will or do!.  and even if you are in a lobby where everyone has the map packs people pick the same bloody map all the time, if I ever play Ragnarok again it will be too soon.

This fixation with keeping the playlists small is a pain in the arse.  let the paying public play the maps they bought, simple as!!!!!!!!

if they do want to keep the playlists smaller, the have a DLC Playlist, works for a lot of other games!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree something really needs to be done to ensure those who purchase additional maps get to play them more. I am the only one of my friends who is still buying the additional maps, everyone else just got sick of paying out for stuff that they will hardly ever see in MM.

To this day I think I still haven't had a single game on a castle map. If you miss the initial rush you might as well not bother.

• 2 weeks later...

i love the way they made the infinity slayer only playable if you have the map packs from the legendary/limited game. Now i get to play all the maps i bought with the $100.00 game rather than boring forge maps that i was forced to play because everyone else bought the regular version game. GREAT call 343! For the first time i played halo 4 for about 5 hrs yesterday and had fun. No forge maps is the way to go...clear games, cover for hiding, and strategizing, and again i cant stress enough NO FORGE MAPS just like halo 2 and 3. DAMN GOOD JOB!