No more joining games in progress! Please leave Feedback.

Encrypted Ninja

One thing I loved about previous halo games was that you all started at the beginning of the game together and if someone quite they were penalized. I'm trying to rank up my CSR in Big Team Slayer and it is so incredibly hard when I repeatedly get put into games in progress because %90 of the time it's because someone quite and I get put on a loosing team. On top of that I've been put back into the same game multiple times. 

How do you other gamers out there feel about this especially those of you who like to focus on your CSR?

1. hate this feature. its great if your team is at a disadvantage or if you can try to get kills against a 1 player enemy team.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29650-losing-interest-in-matchmaking/?do=findComment&comment=269930 watch the video at the end of this post. i follow it every attempted mid game join, except once where right before i spawned, the match ended

this can indeed be pretty frustrating, although i have been in a few bts or dominion games where 2 or 3 members of my team quite after a couple of minutes and no one else comes into the game so it makes it all a bit confusing.

this can indeed be pretty frustrating, although i have been in a few bts or dominion games where 2 or 3 members of my team quite after a couple of minutes and no one else comes into the game so it makes it all a bit confusing.

Exactly! It literally seems that no one joins into your game  if teammates leave but you more often then not get placed into games already in progress right?

Exactly! It literally seems that no one joins into your game  if teammates leave but you more often then not get placed into games already in progress right?

It doesnt happen to me loads but enough to be annoying.  Its wierd im not sure if its game type specific as i most often join in progress games on btb but whenever people leave and dont get replaced its usually on bts or dominion, although that could be my memory playing tricks

It doesnt happen to me loads but enough to be annoying.  Its wierd im not sure if its game type specific as i most often join in progress games on btb but whenever people leave and dont get replaced its usually on bts or dominion, although that could be my memory playing tricks

your memory isnt playing any tricks. try looking at this data ive compiled (by thought)

• playlists with 9+ players or a lot of players playing will more likely be to join mid game every other game
  • playlists with 5-8 players or a medium amount of players has a 50-50 of joining mid game every few games
  • playlists with 2-4 players or a small amount of players has a lower chance of joining mid game or 1 of every 10 games

if you do join midgame and dont want to stay, just do the "join in progress avoidance"

i remember reading somewhere that they were going to limit in progress joining to no later than 60 seconds into a game but that clearly isnt the case most of the time.  if it was the case i wouldnt mind so much.

'Join in progress avoidance'?

'Join in progress avoidance'?

there is a youtube video on this but i can tell you here

1. when you see players appear (their name and level shows)
  2. go to start
  3. scroll down to Settings & Files
  4. select Network
  5. select My Xbox 360 and Hit A
  6. back out of the start menu
  7. you should be back to the war games lobby

how to tell when your not joining mid game: every player will say Incoming and then the vote screen should appear

it will be as if the match never happened and you dont get any penalties

here is the video

• Like 1

there is a youtube video on this but i can tell you here

1. when you see players appear (their name and level shows)
  2. go to start
  3. scroll down to Settings & Files
  4. select Network
  5. select My Xbox 360 and Hit A
  6. back out of the start menu
  7. you should be back to the war games lobby

how to tell when your not joining mid game: every player will say Incoming and then the vote screen should appear

it will be as if the match never happened and you dont get any penalties

here is the video

Good to know.  Thanks!

I don't understand why they need the join in progress system. Yes, playing a game with half of a team is quite disappointing, but players just dealt with it in the past. With the join in progress system, players are almost always put into games on the loosing team. Players from the wining team rarely quit. it also encourages players that it is "okay" to quit, because they will just get replaced after leaving a game. In the end, this system has caused more issues than it has solved, so I say it needs to go

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...