Are Halo 2 PC multiplayer servers still up?

Kenine

Hello all,

I used to own a copy of Halo 2 for PC and I'm considering purchasing it again. I saw that 343 were planning on taking the servers down back in Feb, but extended the closure to June 2013. They also mentioned that they were looking into ways to keep multiplayer going. I haven't seen anything about the servers officially closing as of June 2013. My question is whether they are still online as of now? This will help me in making the choice of whether to order a copy. I just bought the new Nvidia Shield handheld console and I've always wanted to play Halo on a portable gaming system. 

Thank you for any input that you can provide!

Yes the serverlist is still up and running. And just to let you know, Microsoft recently moved the H2PC serverlist servicing over to the rest of the XBL services.  Meaning all game support is in one solid place now, instead of being scattered all over the place, being hosted out of certain data centers.

• Like 3

Agreed.  Additionally, all the best content and the official H2PC map team can be found here...

http://www.h2pc.org   

As far as I know, the H2MT I co-lead is the last only team to fully support and offer content for the game.  You should enjoy a lot of the things we have improved the game with.

Lost my key... :( Now I have to resort to using Xlink Kai to play Halo 2 on my Xbox. What sucks is that literally no North American people host servers and its only people in South and Central America that host servers. Like nobody speaks English on them sadly.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could be a port issue.  GFWL sometimes needs certain ports open or available just for that particular game.  I had an issue once where Halo 1 had certain ports used, and I had to redo them and give those ports to halo 2, then poof!  It all works.