A couple of questions for 343i

tsTer

Hello, I am writing to you on behalf of the Russian community of Halo. We are developing a wiki for Halo and we have a couple of questions for 343i and developers of Halo 4

First, is there a division in the UNSC Navy at Sea and Space Forces? Or is this some kind of troops? Or united under one name, and the sea, and space ships?

Second, can you tell me how completely deciphered the three-digit acronym CCS-class, CAS-class, etc., in the names of the classes of ships covenant?

Thank you.

1st question-the unsc mainly goes on land and in space. they dont usually go in combat in seas,but they can. Marines are meant for land and space and in the water. The marines are not the only group that goes in battle with those 3 categorys. The spartan ll's were not meant to crush the forerunners,covenant, they were meant to crush forces that tried to rebel against them. But as soon as other races striked, Spartans went in all kinds of battle zones.    Odst wouldn't count as them going into space, considering hell jumpers, jump from space to the main land. So back to the main question, marines and spartans do all battle zones. 

Your best bet would be to look at halo.wikia.com or halopedia.com, the two existing wikis:D

However, Cutter is mentioned to have served in the 'wet' navy and several aircraft carriers are seen on the Longshoreman map of Halo 3, showing at least some kind of sea based navy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you don't mind my asking, what part of Russia? (Just curious)

Moscow

Seriously, guys, can anyone of 343 employees to answer my questions?
Or 343 employees in general do not look here? They can be something else to contact?
Because, damn it, what I read on the wiki, it's just speculation. I think such details known only to the game developers.

I wrote to the banjo, but they told me that since "all rights are transferred 343", they can not help me.   :sweat:

Moscow

Seriously, guys, can anyone of 343 employees to answer my questions?
Or 343 employees in general do not look here? They can be something else to contact?
Because, damn it, what I read on the wiki, it's just speculation. I think such details known only to the game developers.

I wrote to the banjo, but they told me that since "all rights are transferred 343", they can not help me.   :sweat:

This is a community run site by the community for the community. so as far as I know no 343 employees are on this site. :thumbsup:

Hello, I am writing to you on behalf of the Russian community of Halo. We are developing a wiki for Halo and we have a couple of questions for 343i and developers of Halo 4

First, is there a division in the UNSC Navy at Sea and Space Forces? Or is this some kind of troops? Or united under one name, and the sea, and space ships?

Second, can you tell me how completely deciphered the three-digit acronym CCS-class, CAS-class, etc., in the names of the classes of ships covenant?

Thank you.

1. UNSC stands for United Nations Space Command. The UNSC's defensive militia forces is the UNSC Defense Force (UNSCDF), and consists of the UNSC Air Force, the UNSC Army, the UNSC Marine Corps, and the UNSC Navy. So yes, there are different designations.

2. CCS is generally believed to stand for "Covenant Capital (or Carrier) Ship", which is considered any ship larger than a CAS, which stands for "Covenant Assault (or Attack) Ship". What distinguishes the two are their size, mainly, as every covenant ship has massive amounts of attack power. 

If you would like to confirm this information or know more, then I suggest looking into purchasing the Halo Encyclopedia. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Encyclopedia