343i I CANT PLAY THE NEW MAPS I PAYED FOR!

Encrypted Ninja

I've been a halo die hard fan since the beginning like a lot of you and I always buy every single map pack as soon as it comes out. Now I know there are always separate playlists that have just these specific maps (They aren't strictly BTB slayer which is what I'm aiming for)and it's very frustrating when your focused on trying to rank up your CSR in a specific gametype and all you get is the same old maps over and over again! For example my highest CSR rank is in BTB slayer, so I spend most of my time in that gametype. But for whatever reason I'm always, always stuck playing the original maps only! Now if I sign in another account onto my xbox 360 suddenly I can now find players who also have the new maps. I know for a fact that this other account I let my friends and brothers use doesn't even have the dlc...Only my account does. I've tested time and time again to make sure. And I typically don't like split screen because of how laggy it gets in BTB (Every sing time!!! I have fantastic internet as well!)
All I'm saying is why can't it search for other players that have new maps as well. I payed good money for them. And to not be able to ever play then is ridiculous and a ripoff if you ask me. If you had bought something you would expect to be able to use it right? 

The problem is not an account, but players and playlists.

Playing the dlc playlists will always yield those maps, but in other playlists, everyone has to have those maps. The matchmaking picking tries to do this, but not always.

The problem is not an account, but players and playlists.

Playing the dlc playlists will always yield those maps, but in other playlists, everyone has to have those maps. The matchmaking picking tries to do this, but not always.

Yes I know that most of the players in BTB playlist don't have the DLC. I'm just wondering why it never finds me other players that have those maps.I know it's aparently suppose to do that.  It just literally never happens. It's very frustrating

im not sure why, but i think that if the dlc checking while searching detects one player who doesnt have the maps that ruins it for everyone.

just like when the champion maps come out, the dlc playlist will be up for a couple of weeks and then its back to searching for players

sure would be nice if 343 would put up a dlc playlist for all the map packs

as for playing the other maps, ive only had it happen once (not when the rotating dlc playlist appears)

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought all the DLC maps, and I seem to never get them in non-dlc playlists, (btb, teamslayer, ect). This sure hurts my Halo 4 online experience. I've never had the opportunity to play new maps outside of the dedicated dlc playlists and I'm wondering why? I would really love to play them and am wondering how much of a problem is this for other gamers.

I've played H2/H3 online a ton and rememeber the new maps would initially show up if everyone in the game had the maps. After a while has passed since their release, they started making the new maps a requirment to play in some playlists, then when they were free, everyone had to have them. Is this how Halo 4 is setup?

343 you made a great game, and matchmaking is a blast. I just wish I would be able to play the new maps outside of the DLC playlist. (I have never gotton a dlc map in a regular playlist). I hope this problem can be reduced/or better setup in Halo 5. Thanks guys for working hard on continuing to make Halo games great!