Is it just me....?

Justin Curtright

Or am I the only one using an assault rifle? I played H4 when it launched for acouple weeks, then sent it back to Gamefly. Just got it again a couple days ago and fired up Multiplayer. WOW. It is just nowhere near as fun as I remember it. At first I thought it was just me trying to get a feel for the game again, but after match number 8, I couldn't take it any more. I set the controller down and thought to myself "Holy ****, what did they do it it? This is just pure garbage....". The reason why? Out of 8 matches, I was quite literally the ONLY person NOT using a battle rifle.

So I gave it a rest and tried again today. I had a fairly decent K/D ratio (was roughly +1.5) before a couple days ago, now I can get maybe 5~6 kills per match with about 20-25 deaths. I know, I suck, I just have no skill, I need to learn to play, I'm not using the right gun, blah blah blah. Can anyone answer then why out about 100 players met, 99% of them all used only one gun? I know I am obviously missing something here, so flame away and fill me in.

Not everyone is uses the BR.. If they did I would never run out of Ammo lol.

You might be right about people not using the AR as much but I see em out there all the time, even in BTB matches on big maps. I don't think the BR really dominates as a primary weapon today. Alot of people are using it's counter part the Carbine which is a fast shooting rival. And even Reach's ole glory, the DMR is still used like crazy and makes a nice secondary if your sporting anything else.

It also sounds like you are not aware of the Halo 4 title update we've had over the last few months. The BR has been beefed up slightly.

I think these updates has done us some justice. http://www.halopedia.org/Halo_4_Title_Updates

The battle rifle seems to be the most proficient loadout weapon, so that is why most players use it. When playing with the assault rifle, you need to learn how to navigate the map to avoid long/mid range combat. The assault rifle is far superior to the other loadout weapons in close quarters combat. Learn how to draw players into confined spaces on maps and do not stay out in the open for long. It takes some time to learn, but this play style should help you become more successful with the AR

Good luck

The Assault Rifle did get a major buff in the June title update, but so did basically every precision weapon except the DMR.  I would recommend playing around with the Storm Rifle for a little while because it plays a lot like the Assault Rifle but with a little more power in close range.  I'd also recommend just playing more games and getting more experience at close-mid range combat and learn how to deal with them with an Automatic.  I used to be horrible when I used Automatics, but I just stuck with it and can get top score on multiple game types.  Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm preaching, but just keep playing around with all the Automatics on multiple game types (excluding BTB.)

P.S. Use grenades.  Use them.  Frags are great and even Pulse Grenades with Grenadier can help you mow people down MUCH faster.