Online Ranking System... MUST SEE

BnS Ternity

So... Today I was just talking to my buddies and not only my buddies, people on Xbox Live. Keep in mind that we are all die hard Halo fans. Anyways.. We were discussing how addicted many people were when it came to Halo 2. Bungie locked people out of the online portion of Halo 2. Whoever was playing, while this happened, would not get booted from the game, but when they logged off of Xbox live they were unable to log back in. For some players, knowing this, NEVER signed off of Xbox Live on Halo 2 so they could keep playing the online mode. Bungie then just shut it down for good and booted everyone off of the server.

Forget that. Listen to me. Forum users, gamers, Halo fans, 343 Industries please.. All I ask is your attention for this post. I am a die hard Halo fan. And I have played every Halo game many times. I know it is my opinion but I know I am speaking for many.... BRING BACK Halo 2's ranking system. I could care less about the armor I wear when I go into battle. It is way to easy to level up now. I mean there is no point to Halo anymore except for Gamebattles and MLG. It actually to skill in Halo 2 to maintain a high level before modders appeared. People will constantly be playing this. That is what got me addicted to Halo 2. Halo 2 was by far the best online game I have ever played.. Despite the mods, glitches, bugs, etc... Try something new and do us gamers a favor. Please bring back that old ranking system. And figure someway around the whole ELO crap and Halo 4 will make and EPIC online game!

... Try something new and do us gamers a favor. Please bring back that old ranking system.

... something new … old system.

Uhh…? Sorry, just a point of confusion there.

I'm all for a skill-based ranking system. However, when you consider how many people just boost their way to max rank, does it really matter?

Now, to be constructive:

The only thing that I can think of to make a better skill-based system is to take literally everything into consideration: W/L, K/D, Shot Accuracy, 'Nade kills, Melee kills, Suicides, Betrayals, Medals, and even how many kills you get with weapons and vehicles. Take all of that and hold it against your Total Time Played.

The problems there:

1) Coming up with an equation to balance all the variables and spit out a comprehensive value.

2) Boosting, which though theoretically more difficult, would still be possible.

Unless they want to implement stiff penalties for being idle and killing an idle player. Like a loss of match points for going too long without one of your bullets hitting a viable target. And even more points lost for killing an inactive player, who would be booted automatically (losing Skill/Exp) anyway if they idle (read: "don't even twitch a little") for more than roughly 30 seconds anyway, taking with them any points contributed to their team if they were on one.

I don't know. Just some thoughts. As I said, in the end it doesn't make a difference. That's why I play for fun and not for some deluded sense of glory. I mean, it's a videogame; doing well in it alone doesn't help you get into a good University, or get a better job, or set yourself up for life outside of videogames.

But I can see an interest in knowing where you stand relative to other players. I just won't put any stock in it. It just enforces the division between the fair-/fun-oriented players, and the h-core/trashtalking players.

I don't understand why they just don't bring it back. Honestly. It will be helping their company. People loved it. The mods are gone if they bring it back to 360. The custom games were beyond fun. Make new maps I don't care. Update the Halo 2 maps. I don't care. Bring back the old rank system. I am sick of games not mattering. It's all based on how you do now-a-days. Call of Duty... For example. Why do you think they added bonus points at the end of matches... To give you a bonus for how YOU did. Credits. Is based on how YOU do. TEAM slayer should be a TEAM game. TEAM Skirmish should be a TEAM game. TEAM games should matter towards YOUR rank. It is not all about YOU. It shouldn't be just YOU. I am not saying I sucked.. Cause I didn't, but it made games that much more exciting. I have never been out of my seat in a game when it was 49 to 49 in team slayer and just sweating cause i was so nervous for this win. A person on your team dies. You know they are gonna get ****. If you get the call your gonna wanna have babies with the person. I mean seriously. Credits are fine.. Keep em. But bring back those ranks. Add that spark back in the game. ELO can't even exist. If you lose.. Well your problem. Find a team that you can work with. Boosting doesn't even matter... The highest LEGIT level on Halo 2 was level 39 without mods. What can they possibly boost to? Level 20? Who cares. You have to work for your level when you get up there. And they can definitely fix bugs as it goes on. Make seasons... Such as a Fall Season, Summer Season, Winter Season, or Spring Season. Or just simply Season 1... Season 2.... Season 3.... BRING BACK HALO 2 RANKS. GIVE THE GAME THAT SPARK AGAIN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!