Halo 3 ODST?

Cadena

I miss playing Halo 3 ODST, i dont know what it is but the multiplayer had a different feel than the rest of the Halo games' Multiplayer. And i loved the Campaign, and especialy the VISR highlight that you would see anytime you looked at the edge of any object or building...Anyone know what i mean?

Halo: Reach was my first Halo game -I fell in love with it almost immediately- so when I went back to play some older Halos, starting with 3 ODST. I played 4 or 5 matches and some of the campaign. I didn't understand the use of VISR mode and wasn't blown away by the multiplayer. But maybe I just didn't know how to use it.

I enjoyed ODST greatly also. I found that playing as a regular human instead of a near indestructible super soldier was a great concept. I would like to see a halo game where you play as a regular marine, not an odst just a regular ol' marine. 

• 1 month later...

I personally loved ODST right off the bat simply because of the voice actors. (Firefly, Battlestar, and Nolan North anyone?) I still really enjoy the game because of how fleshed out each character seems to be. Everyone has their own name and voice, their preferred weapons, and their own mission (with the exception of DARE... although now that I mention it, what could they have done without spoiling the surprise of her mission or survival?). It was a side of Halo we hadn't seen outside of novels or comics. It showed some aspect of proper human cities (not a lot of recognizable features in H2 to be honest. There was a tunnel and I think there was a fountain). It showed the AI superintendent as actually helpful (those weapon caches are brilliant!). And on top of all that being a regular human (if you can call special forces badasses "regular") didn't bother me at all. It was actually pretty enjoyable feeling alone and vulnerable.

Reach was fantastic though. Probably my favorite Halo title when you consider everything together. My favorite aspect about it was that you played as your Spartan in every part of the game. In every other halo you've played as the Chief, the Arbiter, or as another ODST character; someone other than yourself and switch over when you entered multiplayer. I didn't realize how much I liked that until Halo 5. Somehow... I dunno, but Reach is just more to my liking... Atmospherically...

That's not to say that 343 didn't do an admirable job with H4. Spartan Ops would be so much more enjoyable if we could set up real difficulty barriers. Simply uping the difficulty just means we die a few times more before we complete the mission. Skulls would be the simplest way I think... Just add Iron! If you die, you're dead until your squad completes the mission or wipes. I really like how they've been patching and rebalancing weapons. That is excepting of course my DMR! That thing was by far the best weapon in the game. It was deserving of the nerf for sure, but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. It is still useable and powerful, but not ridiculously so. Now lets talk about the bull****, I mean boltshot. ;)