Halo 5, how to make it more enjoyable

When Halo 4 was announced, I was extremely excited. Then the rumors of armor abilities came up and my excitement dropped down a few notches. I started topics trying to persuade 343 that it was a bad idea because it would take away that inspiring feel to the gamer, and the pride of the platform. Then I got over it and decided that first of all it wasn't a realistic idea that 343 was going to read my topic and secondly even if they did, what would make them listen to me?

I went to the midnight release, and rushed home to play it. The beginning of the game gave me goosebumps, but after the first level I was not in to it as much as I was anticipating that I would be. The reason being is the fact that it's too serious. By this I mean that (for example) the grunts aren't funny anymore, those squeaky little voices were taken from us after Halo 3: ODST. I didn't get that "Omg I can't believe they put that in the game that's hilarious" feeling that I did with Halo 2, 3. Even now I find myself watching the Halo 2 documentary to make obvious what it is that attracted us to Halo and its epicness. The Bungie community on the Halo CE, 2, and 3 were like a big family, more than a job. They joke around and you hear plenty of laughs. But then you watch a ViDoc with 343 and they are all too damn serious, like they're not enjoying this at all, and like they're doing this because they HAVE to not because they want to. We as fans should feel connected to the studio, when it's obvious to us that they really did put a lot of willing effort and lost hours of sleep trying to put out a godly game.

The multiplayer -_- t. The multiplayer is unfair to anybody who doesn't have good luck with the game/ team chance. A perfect example to this statement is the BTB Map EXILE. If you start out on the Blue Team, you're probably going to win because the Gauss Hog is RIGHT THERE. You're screwed if you're on the red team unless you can somehow make it safely to the Scorpion. You can also make it so that your ordanances are more frequent and your energy shields recharge faster. You can allow yourself unlimited sprint, which isn't a big deal but still. I'm not here to ***** like no bodies business about armor abilities, because I love them. I am here to state why Halo 4 was a big let down, why the only thing I'm looking forward to in the next year and a half is Halo 2 Anniversary. If 343 really wants a FANTASTIC game that the fans will truly love, then what would be great is if they brought back this classic feel to Halo. And I know, I know, some of you are going to tell me that I need to "Adapt" to the changes 343 has felt necessary to make to Halo. Well guess what, they are losing a **** load of fans who have played Halo since day one.

• Like 1

I agree why because

halo is no longer halo

it has gone from the thing that made it great

that made it stand out from the other games

it was unique it was special it was great 

but now it has lost its core it identy

now it stand among the other the stammered games

cough cod cough .....

I hope in halo 5 343 make halo back to what it used to be

back into halo and reclaim it title as

KING OF XBOX :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I agree why because

halo is no longer halo

cough cod cough .....

Well said. If you had a person play Halo 3 multiplayer, and then have them play Halo 4 multiplayer, I bet you that they wouldn't know that they are the same franchise. The develepors up at 343 are trying to go mainstream, and it sucks.

Well said. If you had a person play Halo 3 multiplayer, and then have them play Halo 4 multiplayer, I bet you that they wouldn't know that they are the same franchise. The develepors up at 343 are trying to go mainstream, and it sucks.

exactly 343 need to balance In halo 5 old and new it cannot be to new or it is not halo or to old so its to much like halo and nothing new is added at all :thumbsup:

I agree why because

halo is no longer halo

cough cod cough .....

KING OF XBOX

:thumbsup:

I agree why because

halo is no longer halo

cough cod cough .....

What do you want it to go back to: Halo Reach or a bit like Halo 3 or Halo 2. Definitely NOT reach. For me Reach ruined the Halo franchise and story.

What do you want it to go back to: Halo Reach or a bit like Halo 3 or Halo 2. Definitely NOT reach. For me Reach ruined the Halo franchise and story.

as I said on the post above me I want halo 5 to be a mix of new fresh ideas but some old familiar stuff as well in the game a mix of the old and the new that is a prefect halo game :thumbsup:

Halo 4 was the second game that was made because Microsoft wanted more money than they already have (the first was Reach, and it showed). 11.7 million people have played Halo 4, and that's all they care about. They don't care that Halo 4's multiplayer population is only 30 thousand of the original half-million. After people buy the game, everything else is irrelevant. They want more players, so they have to make it appeal to a broader spectrum of people, which is why it has degenerated significantly into a generic shooter. 343i doesn't want this, but that's what's going to happen. Unfortunately for Microsoft and all the original fans, the plan backfired; in creating a game that is unlike the originals, they attracted a larger crowd but also alienated the most dedicated part of the Halo community. Notice that once the obsession with money was out of the way (several months post-launch), Halo 4 started getting better and better. The only reason why it isn't a thousand times better is that ninety-nine percent of 343i are working on Halo 5. 343i wants to help but is being controlled. I hate to say this, but you need to adapt. Halo is never going to be the same anymore, but I trust that 343i will do as much as is possible to stay true to Bungie's original mission: It's not about the money; it's about making games that people love and loving the process if making it. Stick around and give them a fighting chance to amend, repair, and improve. See you starside.

• Like 1

Halo 4 was the second game that was made because Microsoft wanted more money than they already have (the first was Reach, and it showed). 11.7 million people have played Halo 4, and that's all they care about. They don't care that Halo 4's multiplayer population is only 30 thousand of the original half-million. After people buy the game, everything else is irrelevant. They want more players, so they have to make it appeal to a broader spectrum of people, which is why it has degenerated significantly into a generic shooter. 343i doesn't want this, but that's what's going to happen. Unfortunately for Microsoft and all the original fans, the plan backfired; in creating a game that is unlike the originals, they attracted a larger crowd but also alienated the most dedicated part of the Halo community. Notice that once the obsession with money was out of the way (several months post-launch), Halo 4 started getting better and better. The only reason why it isn't a thousand times better is that ninety-nine percent of 343i are working on Halo 5. 343i wants to help but is being controlled. I hate to say this, but you need to adapt. Halo is never going to be the same anymore, but I trust that 343i will do as much as is possible to stay true to Bungie's original mission: It's not about the money; it's about making games that people love and loving the process if making it. Stick around and give them a fighting chance to amend, repair, and improve. See you starside.

I agree with you on this but the problem is this I cannot adept to halo it is called halo I  play halo to play halo I don't play halo to play cod with the halo paint on it so I hope halo 5 will be better a mix of old and new if not I will never buy a halo again. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with that whole comment, I mean seriously I played Black Ops a couple of times, and quit because it wasn't very fun at all. Then I got Halo 4 hoping for a back up reason to play that instead of COD, but it's just the same so **** it.

I agree with you on this but the problem is this I cannot adept to halo it is called halo I  play halo to play halo I don't play halo to play cod with the halo paint on it so I hope halo 5 will be better a mix of old and new if not I will never buy a halo again. :thumbsup: