So the world has ended… What now?

Father B

Here's the SitRep:

A deadly element has swept the globe.

Testing turned up no useful results and the global medical community was helpless to find a cure.

As much as the scientific community tried to find a way just to prevent deaths, nothing seemed to work.

And with the problem popping up everywhere almost simultaneously, governments could take no decisive action.

Within a week, the Human race was annihilated unto the brink of extinction.

But, in some twist of fate, you remained unaffected and had to watch as people died all around you.

Now you are alone.

There are bodies of people rotting or being eaten by their pets within every home.

There is no one left to maintain and operate major utilities, so water and electricity has ceased to flow.

Stray dogs have formed packs and roam the empty streets, alleys and parks in search of food.

In some areas, wild animals like bears, coyotes, deer, and so on, have begun encroaching on formerly Human-dominated territories.

There is a chance that there are others who survived the mysterious epidemic as you did, but the odds don't look good.

What do you do?

First things first, locate more guns and ammo than I already have at home now. At which point, once armed to take out any animal dangers, I would locate a usable vehicle and secure fuel in storage containers. More than likely a large gasoline or deisel vehicle like a semi would be the best bet. You could easily convert the semi into a usable housing unit and use the vehicle to secure supplies and travel in between towns. Now, most utilities like electric have an automatic run feature, like most of the Electric sub stations do. They can produce and distribute electric for a good amount of time. The problem is maintaining the systems from failing. That being said, I would start broadcasting on either a small band or large band radio frequency to locate any survivors that may be around. Overall I would just hop around the country looking for people and at some point procure a vessel to travel into other countries. Traveling from Alaska over to Russia is the shortest water bearing trip to get to Europe and would likely be the safest as I don't know a damn thing about boats...lmao

If the scenario is exactly as listed above this is how I would do things. If it were say a zombie Apocalypse the order of my list of priorities would change drastically as well as additional things being added in.

Priorities

1. Find food and water source.

-Can be achieved by relocating to a safe location near a large clean river in the Northern US. Fish and animals that come to drink from river will be a renewable source of meat. Water will be available from the river as well. Trash can be bundled and sent down stream to avoid polluting the area immediately around location.

2. Find and preserve different forms of energy.

-The river can also be used with a generator to run electricity in the fortress that I will construct. Gasoline and Natural Gas will also be brought to a safe location, close to the base. A wind turbine will also be constructed for additional energy.

3. Construction of a Safe House/Fortress.

-Think giant forerunner structure haha. All construction materials at your disposal, and top of the line security equipment and appliances. Ok, most likely will find an existing structure in a desirable location as described above and simply fortify it.

4. Weapons and vehicles

-Protection and Hunting (anyone see Will Smith hunting in I am Legend?)

-Vehicles needed: Fast car of some kind with good safety rating and fuel efficient (don't waste your resources needlessly.) Motorcycle for quick light travel. Large Truck/SUV with off road capability as well as towing and hauling found supplies. Semi truck or similar that can transport construction equipment also a trailer that will be turned into portable home for extended trips. Fishing boat for river and barge for transporting goods and equipment across the river. As roads deteriorate over time the SUV will most likely become the main transportation vehicle.

5. Broadcast and Search

-Set up a broadcast tower to broadcast information to survivors.

*Key- broadcast a remote meeting location that you have under surveillance via video cameras and wire taping. This place will have lights and power and have a bright light beacon to draw people to it. Once survivors arrive you can determine if their mental state (no crazies allowed at my place) and if they are just out for your resources.

6. Entertainment and learning

-Anything your heart desires. Lots of gaming, watching movies, golf (will require mowing.) Teach yourself how to fly a plane or helicopter. Good for transportation. Can't land? Skydive. Seriously who cares where the plane crashes. Find another plane and skydive somewhere close to home.

7. Maintain Sanity.

-Keep pets and farm animals for companionship as well as food purposes (milk, cheese, eggs). Find and watch old broadcasts of the news to feel as though you are having some human interaction. Read a lot of books. Everyone is a little different so different people will try different things.

Who, Silver? Mr. PhD? Suppose it's all pretty well-informed if it worked for Will Smith…

Of course, there was that sad display in the music store with the mannequinne. I mean, a guy pours his heart out and gets stonewalled? What a bag!

I, however, was inspired by the events on

the planet Miranda in the 'Verse of Firefly, as described in the movie

Interesting plans folks have so far.

Personally, I think I'd hook myself up with a pickup, diesel generator, and the nicest house I can find… along with a trusty rifle, ammunition, copious amounts of beef jerky and Tang, firewood, marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, bear traps, many flats of bottled water, a hunting knife, various non-perishable food items including cans of Chef Boyardee ravioli in tomato sauce which I've loved since I was a wee lad… and wow I could go on but bringing up ravioli in tomato sauce has made me SOOO HUNGRYYY! xO

the thing is though with your comment and the one about taking everything from EB is that, there is no electricity therefore no games. or credit card purchases.

2 words. 9 syllables. Electricity generator. BTW I would find Vitamin PWN and we'd be all like :yahoo: :yahoo: then :drinks: then :cheers: then :pc: :pc:

end of the world now what?

Guess no point for the TU for Reach!

lol That would be true. And unfortunate.

Maybe I'd road-trip it to 343i HQ and dig up as much unreleased Halo information as I could.

It would make me smile while simultaneously breaking my heart.