20 members have voted

1. 1. Is it good?

2. 2. Is it bad?

3. 3. Your Opinion

• It's good because he caused the AA's
    • It's really bad because Reach was really creative
    • He was creative, I don't know if it's bad or good
    • (Your answer)

he said he had a vision for halo that the rest of the team did not...this indicates to me that he wanted to expand and make the game as complex as it needs to be...he wanted it to feel like a world not just another halo game. but the fans pressured 343 to make it just like every other halo so he left.

he said he had a vision for halo that the rest of the team did not...this indicates to me that he wanted to expand and make the game as complex as it needs to be...he wanted it to feel like a world not just another halo game. but the fans pressured 343 to make it just like every other halo so he left.

i think that its a good thing that he left. i didnt like reach that much.

Maybe it's more simple than that? I don't know the story, but if O'Connor & Co. wanted to get back to basics and Mr. Director Man wanted to go in another direction with it, he could've pulled a Diva and walked out on the project. Could be that he's looking at Reach's sales numbers, but O'Connor's looking at the turnover rate of Reach's player base?

*shrug* Whatever the issue, I hope this doesn't push back the estimated release date. >_<

i think that its a good thing that he left. i didnt like reach that much.

and i loved reach....this tells me that halo 4 is going to be just like all the other halo's.....whats the point if they arent going to add new gameplay mechanics....i wish they would have expanded on the armor ability mechanic to make it fun for the classic halo gameplay lovers...somthing like useful armor abilities that meyb only last a second. i agree its good that this guy left...now he can move to a development house that will utilize his creativity. why do you need a creative director if your not being creative...better to send this guy to a big project like rage, prey2, or skyrim

As long as no one drastically changes the core of halo then im ok with whoever is project lead.

you know even if they drastically changed it to the point that it was not even a first person shooter i wouldn't care as long as its funner and more polished. yea i think they should just expand on the same gameplay but keep the core like they did with reach...but even if we got a halo with iron sights and grenade launcher attatchments i would still love it as long as its better. i dont care how different things get as long as they evolve. because if they are just going to remake halo3 with better graphics and slap a halo4 sticker on there then i dont see the point....they already did that sort of with ODST and it was great...but no need to do it a second time. i say make a major expansion on the gameplay mechanics or don't make a new halo game. reach only expanded on the core gameplay slightly with armor abilities...i want to see major changes though. so we can really see what is possible with halo, rather then staying in the safezone.

or atleast some huge battles....although i dont think the 360 can handle any bigger then reach at this point....thats why halo needs to be released on the pc, then we could have huge online wars with everything from dropships/droppods to orbital bombardments...oh well i guess i will have to play the new planetside since its free anyways....

you know even if they drastically changed it to the point that it was not even a first person shooter i wouldn't care as long as its funner and more polished. yea i think they should just expand on the same gameplay but keep the core like they did with reach...but even if we got a halo with iron sights and grenade launcher attatchments i would still love it as long as its better. i dont care how different things get as long as they evolve. because if they are just going to remake halo3 with better graphics and slap a halo4 sticker on there then i dont see the point....they already did that sort of with ODST and it was great...but no need to do it a second time. i say make a major expansion on the gameplay mechanics or don't make a new halo game. reach only expanded on the core gameplay slightly with armor abilities...i want to see major changes though. so we can really see what is possible with halo, rather then staying in the safezone.

or atleast some huge battles....although i dont think the 360 can handle any bigger then reach at this point....thats why halo needs to be released on the pc, then we could have huge online wars with everything from dropships/droppods to orbital bombardments...oh well i guess i will have to play the new planetside since its free anyways....

1 Word, Agreed

and i loved reach....this tells me that halo 4 is going to be just like all the other halo's.....whats the point if they arent going to add new gameplay mechanics....i wish they would have expanded on the armor ability mechanic to make it fun for the classic halo gameplay lovers...somthing like useful armor abilities that meyb only last a second. i agree its good that this guy left...now he can move to a development house that will utilize his creativity. why do you need a creative director if your not being creative...better to send this guy to a big project like rage, prey2, or skyrim

BECAUSE HALF OF THE POPULATION HATES REACH. Adding new "game mechanics" is a stupid idea. If you people remember how fun halo 2 and halo 3 were online you would not need pointless aa's, bloom and loadouts. Personally all i need is a new campaign, maps and weapons. As you can see from reach, they pushed halo too far and it became crap.

BECAUSE HALF OF THE POPULATION HATES REACH. Adding new "game mechanics" is a stupid idea. If you people remember how fun halo 2 and halo 3 were online you would not need pointless aa's, bloom and loadouts. Personally all i need is a new campaign, maps and weapons. As you can see from reach, they pushed halo too far and it became crap.

exactly!

actually i do remember how fun halo2 and 3 where. glitches, hacking, BR spam, jerky netcode, and useless weapons. at least all the weapons in reach have a use....and the armor abilities are super fun if you get good at useing them/killing them. i just dont want halo4 to be halo3 with better graphics because i already played halo3. i want a game that expands on the gameplay not sticks to the safezone. its good that the creative designer left because they arent being creative so he was probably board as hell at 343. let him go to a publisher that wants to make a new, creative, game.

you dont remember how fun halo2 and 3 where. you are just all whacked up on nostalgia. go put in your halo 3 disk and play online i dare you. then afterwards put your reach disk in and you will see that you hate both games. in all reality you are just tired of halo. you think reach is the problem because you have fond memories of halo2. well i have good memories of halo2 also but when i go back to replay it i see how garbage it actually was. think about it bro their was nothing better then halo2 at the time....now theirs lots of games that compete with halo.

even halo1 was better then halo2...when i go back and play halo1 i have a blast. halo 1 has aged well as far as mechanics. however halo 2 has not aged well atall and if halo4 is like halo2 then it wont age well and become **** a year after release...infact halo2 messed with the classic halo formula. halo reach brought back that formula but with armor abilities as a fun twist. for reach they re-lowered the movement speed/jump distance to make it more like halo1...in halo2 and 3 you could moonjump and ran almost as fast as sprint from reach.

halo2 felt like more of a kids game then halo1 and reach brought back the hardcorness that we felt during halo1. so in halo4 i say we lower the movement speed, lower the jump distance, and keep bloom. i dont care about armor abilities but i think those should be expanded on and perfected. oh and btw its alot less then half of the population that has problems with bloom/armor abilities trust me. most people either dont care or actually enjoy them...so you are the minority...however you are a lucky minority because i think 343 is going for the halo2 feel rather then the halo1 feel for halo4....

but honestly i don't care what they do with halo 4 because its not even bungie making it and im ganna be playing skyrim with mods anyway so W/E...meyb they will make a halo4 mod for skyrim then i wont even need to buy H4 ROFL

-on a side note the name halo 4 sounds so stupid. i say we go with the dead pixels idea of calling the game halo forerunner....even if the game has no forerunners lol....

I'm glad he's gone. Reach was fun for a while but it plays nothing like the classic Halos. I hope now that he's gone 343i can restore the classic feel of the gameplay from halo 1,2,3.

erm but halo reach felt more like halo1 then halo 2 and 3 did (besides armor abilities) you cant say halo2 and 3 where classic because they are far from how halo1 felt. halo1 had slower movement speed and lower jump height. halo 2 and 3 had moonbouncing with run speed that was almost as fast as reach sprint. plus the BR was spammed and overused by everyone...honestly every weapon in the game besides the BR and sniper are useless from any range that wasnt in yo face. and even in someones face the BR is usually better....so why make other weapons at all if everyone uses the BR? i say just save the disk space for more maps and make the game have BR's and sniper's only. at least every weapon in reach has a use....halo reach feels more like halo 1 then any other halo since halo 1. halo reach (especially in the beta) had slower realistic movement speed and no gravity defying jumping.

IMO halo 2 and 3 got off track from halo1's feel and halo reach got back on that track (besides armor abilities). what made halo1 awesome was not the BR or AA's. it was the fact that it was a good game with a good story. polished to say the least. its only flaw was not enough weapons and vehicles...the only things that halo 2 got right IMO was adding more weapons and vehicle boarding...other then that it could be scrapped...even duel wielding was gimmicky if you think about it. armor abilities are sort of a gimmick but atleast they are fun and add alot of strategy.

to summarize halo reach overall feels more like halo one then 2 or 3 ever did. halo 2 and 3 felt more kiddish. like it was fun at the time but it still felt like rockem sockem robots in space.

halo 1, odst, and reach have that classic omg aliens im ganna die feel. for halo4 i want less kiddy cheesiness and more of the chaos that comes with aliens attempting to genocide your race.

im not saying halo needs grittyness or gore (gore would be awesome)...if thats what i want i will replay deadspace...but halo 1 has a feel to it thats hard to explain. like you knew how hard they worked on it as soon as you popped in that disk. halo 2 and 3, while great games, lost that feeling of awesomeness. and i think they brought it back with reach. but thats my opinion. dont let nostalgia blind your judgment. because when compared side by side reach is more polished overall then 2 and 3 combined. and polish is more important then anything. thats why i am sad that the creative director left. because he would have added polish to the game. sure he would have came up with new things. but those things would have been polished and made the game feel less like a game and more like a world.

armor abilities while different than anything we have seen in a halo game, where unarguably a polished and well implemented idea. i wish they would perfect them rather then scrap them.

you guys want halo 2 over and over and over....because your logic is that if it aint broke dont fix it. not only was it broken and needed fixing (the reach type of fix) but that logic is stupid because even if halo 2 wasnt broken their is no such thing as perfection...their is always room to innovate and expand...the only thing holding us back is our fear of change. well i grew out of that fear a long time ago. i embrace change as long as that change is positive. but it seems alot of halo fans hate change no matter how epic it makes the game. it is unfortunate that such an awesome franchise has such an immature fanbase. no wonder bungie didnt want to make halo games anymore. because they knew that as soon as they innovated they would have thousands of crybaby pureists on there forums...and you know what? they where right.

• 4 weeks later...

Sence he came up with REACH, so I'm sort of glad. I'm also sad, because he could have been a turnaround. He also hated duel-wielding

At least now we can dual-wield. Maybe now we can dual-wield energy sword and the Arbiter will somehow miraculously return yay.

I personally think that they should keep halo 4 original then they should come out with another ODST and experiment

the hell outta that. I mean i could care less as long as i have halo 4 to go back to right? Add iron sights bring back the smg

make some weapon attachments (not grenade launchers) if it fails say they could just say it was an experiment and halo 5 could remain the same

If it gets huge there's a semi new franchise that they could higher a new company to make idk

if they do make ODST 2 the definitely should get very creative with it

but overall Halo 4 needs to be a mix of 2 & 3 with sprint that's just my opinion

maybe his vision for halo was just too crazy and everybody hated it. I'm glad he's gone, since he came up with reach. Reach was fun, but made no sense and AA's suck. Hopefully now halo 4 will look and feel more like 1,2,3

I personally think that they should keep halo 4 original then they should come out with another ODST and experiment

the hell outta that. I mean i could care less as long as i have halo 4 to go back to right? Add iron sights bring back the smg

make some weapon attachments (not grenade launchers) if it fails say they could just say it was an experiment and halo 5 could remain the same

If it gets huge there's a semi new franchise that they could higher a new company to make idk

if they do make ODST 2 the definitely should get very creative with it

but overall Halo 4 needs to be a mix of 2 & 3 with sprint that's just my opinion

that is sounding too much like CoD or BF. Iron sights and weapon attachments? No. That's not halo. If you want it to be like 2 & 3 than the weapons should at least be the same. Attachments give advantages to the player. It takes away the skill involved and replaces it with a laser sight, optics, iron sights, ect... That's why I don't like reach much. AA's give certain players advantages in different situations. Get stuck? Armor lock. Sniping from cross map? Active camo. Need to get the heck outa there? Sprint or evade. Ect... Players don't use their wits to beat their opponents, or if their screwed. They just use their AA and don't have to acually fight their way out of a hairy situation. I do kind of like your idea of an ODST kind of game. Bungie tried that and most people hated it. I personally loved it. More then reach. But others did not, so they made reach instead. I would love to see the guys at 343i create another ODST type game.