Halo 4 ending - possible future game/books story line

Zulu-081

Before you start reading this, please consider that it might be a spoiler. Having been an avid fan of halo since its beginning and being an avid fan of the books that have been released, I have thought of how the halo story could be unfolding.

Let me start by saying halo 4 is a part of the halo universe and HAS lived up to the legacy left by bungie. That's my opinion. Stop reading now if you don't wish to be spoiled by what I am going to say, this is my belief of how the next halo instalments will be going.

For those of you who have read the books and played all the halo games, a notable character in them is the monitor of installation 04, '343 guilty spark' he was named by the iso-didact, bornsteller. He was once a HUMAN named Chaka. He was absorbed by the flood but rescued by the iso-didact who stored him within the monitor before wiping his memories.

'343 guilty spark' says to the master chief during Halo: CE, that he is forerunner. During the cutscenes when the master chief places the index into the halo's firing chamber. Guilty spark says 'you asked me once, would I fire halo , if it were my decision?'

Hang on.. Master chief wasn't alive during the forerunner era so why would guilty spark say that? Let me continue..

In the book halo: silentium, page 314, the Iso-didact bornsteller says to guilty spark, 'tell me chakas, if this was your choice, after all we have seen and survived, would you fire the rings?'

Not once have we ever seen the mast chiefs face, and in halo 4 the librarian, the Iso-didacts WIFE, causes a change in the mast chief to allow him to be able to defeat the ur-didact.

Does this change possibly accelerate the chief to become a forerunner? Did the librarian put in his genetic structure that seed? I will hold off on my further theories... For now

• Like 3

This isn't the first time I've seen the hypothesis of Master Chief having the geas of the Didact before however this is the best I've ever seen it put. There was no evidence relating the two earlier but this post brings up interesting ideas. I haven't read any of the Forerunner Saga books but I do know what happens in the first two.

I don't think what the Librarian did to Chief would speed up his evolution to make him a Forerunner but maybe it would evolve him into a human like the ones during the times of the Forerunners.

• Like 1

haha thanks guys! I'm a huge fan of halo..

I'll just add onto this topic, that 343 Guiltysparkalso says to the master chief in the same cutscene; "you are forerunner, why would you hesitate to do what you've already done once before?" or something very similiar to that i haven't played halo CE in a while :P

I have other theories on other things as well but I'm just going to keep to this at the moment.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...