SWAT do u not think DMR and BR should be made seperate?

paulic83

I think they should make it either dmr swat and br swat 2 seperate games in the votes I thought the idea with swat was that every1 is on a level field, I do still enjoy it but prefered it when every1 had dmr on reach frankly id do away with the br on swat completley seems like luck a lot of time when they head shot u, there did used to be a magnum game mode on reach aswell... Get that back an all!!

• Like 2

easy i say the br should not even be in swat. simply because the 3 round burst is kinda takin the joy out of bein able to survive. you try to doge one way but no matter what one of those bullets will still manage to hit you in the face. that kinda ruined it for me. i know the br has been the main gun for like ever but now a days i feel like its to over powered in what swat has become since Reach. i got used to dmr an im now a huge fan of it. so i think they should have their own separate game types. kinda like shotguns that should have its on game type too an not just flood but a cqc game type like what i did for one of my maps

• Like 1

I think they should make it either dmr swat and br swat 2 seperate games in the votes I thought the idea with swat was that every1 is on a level field, I do still enjoy it but prefered it when every1 had dmr on reach frankly id do away with the br on swat completley seems like luck a lot of time when they head shot u, there did used to be a magnum game mode on reach aswell... Get that back an all!!

easy go to dmr's they are the best fr short and long

I'd either leave it the way it is or make it map-dependent, because that's the way I choose them now. On Complex for example you want a DMR, but on Haven you want a BR. On Solace you want a DMR if you're going to be up top but a BR if you're going to be down low.

I don't see the availability of both as a problem because the whole point is for you to pick your ideal weapon, and what is "ideal" changes based on the map and the way you play.

I don't really understand why people have been having problems with the two weapons, I'm guessing the mistake they're making is always picking the same one. It doesn't take a genius to realize the BR is going to be completely outclassed on a large map like Complex, and that the DMR will require a bit too much accuracy on a tighter map. It's up to you the player to choose the right tool for the job, don't get mad when the game gives you the choice, get mad at yourself for making the wrong one.

• Like 1

I dont mind choices, all the moaning about balance on other game types gets on my nerves! but swat shouldnt have em every1 should be level it was far more fun on reach! I understand not to pick br on complex and the like, but br just feels really random sometimes as if the u dont need to aim for the head, I use it when I have to but it just feels out of place!

Interesting, but I would love to just have both in one game, as is. Don't change it if it isn't broke.

I'd either leave it the way it is or make it map-dependent, because that's the way I choose them now. On Complex for example you want a DMR, but on Haven you want a BR. On Solace you want a DMR if you're going to be up top but a BR if you're going to be down low.

I agree. I usually do the same thing, choosing the BR for close/medium and DMR for medium/long. I agree with the comment that both rifles should not be in the same game--it is a gross perversion of what SWAT has always been about: Hardcore, mastery of a single rifle, like Snipers. My favorite gametype is SWAT and I play it a lot even though I hate both DMR or BR as loadout choices in single match. I exploit it to my advantage, but that is what makes SWAT challenging: mastery of a single weapon, no choice, just infinite bullets. I like the other choices, like SWATguns and pistols. I'd like to play an incineration cannon SWAT variant, just for fun, or SwatRAILGUNS. What I am saying is SWAT has certain unwritten rules, or unspoken. You just know the culture. (Besides H4 I also play Battlefield3, which is amazing in a completely different way. I play BF3 for the objective games, GUN Master and the vehicles and level of destruction that can happen to the maps.) 

So, thanks to the original post. This is a hot button issue for me. I hope 343i can make the simple choice to keep BR/DMR as two separate gametypes in SWAT. Honestly I like the BR still in SWAT. But the 3 to 1 difference is unbalanced.

Now, just to make things even more complicated: Why not a SWAT variant that is BR vs DMR, one team has DMR, the other BR....hmmm

CV