[RADICAL UPDATE] BR & DMR - Balanced

Spartan Rider

I know this isn't a exclusive call, this is the most claimed and needed call from the players of Halo 4.

The unbalance of the BR & DMR annoys me very much. The BR is actually broken as well all the others accurate rifles, because DMR is ruling, and this is not giving option to anyone. I'm forced to play with the DMR, 'cause there's no balance on rifles. And obviously this have to change. My overture is the following one:

- BR needs to kill with 4 bursts, due its lacking accuracy. As the 343 pleads: "Battle Rifle is a close-mid range rifle" as "DMR is a long range rifle." But in fact it doesn't work. 'Cause both works equally: 5 shot to kill by both guns, as the BR has less shots per time due its burst, and the DMR has more shots per time due it being single shot. 

On gameplay it works like that: if you are close-mid rifle, the BR will kill faster 'cause it take 3-burst shot instantly with 4 shots to kill, but it has spread. If you are long range the DMR will kill faster, 'cause it has no spread. It's logic, not "343 joking".

So, please 343 industries, make this RADICAL UPDATE now!!! Don't wait to Halo 5, you're losing players!!!

This is what I've been saying from the first moment that I said anything on this issue. It's painfully simple and obvious that the BR needs to be 4-shot, and painfully stupid and counterintuitive for it to be 5-shot.

The only issue is that you need to then slow down the BR's fire rate, otherwise it just starts eating other weapons within its range without them ever having a chance. The DMR's 1.6ish second kill time is a very good control number, the BR and the Carbine should both kill faster than that because their lower accuracy will keep them from dominating, but then the AR/Storm Rifle/Suppressor need to kill even faster than the BR and Carbine.

In terms of kill times they need to get faster the closer you get to your target, but not so fast that we end up with weapons that wipe out a spartan before he can even turn to see who's shooting him.

Edited by Bloody Initiate

This is what I've been saying from the first moment that I said anything on this issue. It's painfully simple and obvious that the BR needs to be 4-shot, and painfully stupid and counterintuitive for it to be 5-shot.

The only issue is that you need to then slow down the BR's fire rate, otherwise it just starts eating other weapons within its range without them ever having a chance. The DMR's 1.6ish second kill time is a very good control number, the BR and the Carbine should both kill faster than that because their lower accuracy will keep them from dominating, but then the AR/Storm Rifle/Suppressor need to kill even faster than the BR and Carbine.

In terms of kill times they need to get faster the closer you get to your target, but not so fast that we end up with weapons that wipe out a spartan before he can even turn to see who's shooting him.

I know, but they could to set the BR as 4-shot kill, but simultaneously losing accuracy and getting spreading how much you're moving away. 

This would compete with DMR on long range, that it's a single shot weapon, thus there's no spread and it's very much accurate, but it can't compete with BR on mid-range, cause the DMR kill on 5 shots. The only advantage is its accurate. So both weapons will be balanced.

Also BR will balance with Light Rifle, 'cause LR has a bit of both guns, so it's naturally balanced. 

The Carbine is the faster rifle, and I think it's already balanced. 'Cause a play fast on trigger would be able to face it.

And about the Automatic guns, I think they must to have a great damage, but a strong spreading, doing it able to close-range.

Whoah there, The carbine? BALANCED!?!?!?! The carbine is increadibly under-powered with a kill time slower than the BR's

I hardly know about it. 'Cause I'm just worried about BR. I'm missing when it was a power weapon. With the loadouts, now all the guns must be power weapon, with specific skills for each circunstance.

I hardly know about it. 'Cause I'm just worried about BR. I'm missing when it was a power weapon. With the loadouts, now all the guns must be power weapon, with specific skills for each circunstance.

You should consider all loadout weapons not just the one you prefer. Carbine needs a buff, DMR needs rate of fire reduced and less bullet magnetism.

The Designated Marksman Rifle should require a user to have excellent aim and to time each shot. This is NOT the case in the current state of the Designated MARKSMAN Rifle.

The BR and LR are currently balanced very well respective of each other and all automatic loadout weapons.

Lastly, I would just like to state that I already have the Master commendation for the Carbine and after maining the weakest of the precision weapons and now switching to the others I came to the above conclusion.

• Like 1

Whoah there, The carbine? BALANCED!?!?!?! The carbine is increadibly under-powered with a kill time slower than the BR's

The carbine stands on the same ground relative to the BR that it always has. It kills faster but with more shots. It takes even MORE shots in this game (8, used to be 7) and both of them suck pretty bad anyway. That's why I always say we need to bring those weapons up, because even if people who want a DMR nerf get what they want, the BR and the Carbine will still be complete garbage. You can't make trash valuable by making everything trash.

I do extremely well with the BR, I've out long ranged DMR users with it. You need the right skill set to use the guns correctly, a buff will make it over power the DMR for skilled users

Good for you, however, most people can't do this well vs. the DMR. If you buff the BR and the Carbine, the DMR will still have it's place at long range. If you can do extremely well with the BR, I'm sure some people can do extremely well with the DMR post balance patch.

The carbine stands on the same ground relative to the BR that it always has. It kills faster but with more shots. It takes even MORE shots in this game (8, used to be 7) and both of them suck pretty bad anyway. That's why I always say we need to bring those weapons up, because even if people who want a DMR nerf get what they want, the BR and the Carbine will still be complete garbage. You can't make trash valuable by making everything trash.

For this reason, I still think to get rid of the DMR. This weapon was only an alternative for the BR in Reach, not a standard weapon.

Bad ideia by 343i bringing back the DMR from an alternative game.

While that may be true, your solution isn't especially realistic, practical, or satisfactory.

You just want the annoying thing gone, you aren't thinking about the impact on the game. You may be able to have your wish granted for Halo 5, but Halo 4 has a DMR, we have to deal with that. So you re-balance things instead of just removing it from all maps and loadouts. It's just slightly better than the other guns, so it seems pretty silly to just want it gone since all it takes to fix things are some slight tweaks.

That says nothing of the fans of the DMR, a lot of Halo fans started with Reach, they think the BR is weird. I know my GF's brother never played Halo before he played Reach, and he loved Reach. I may not have liked Reach, but the point is each game loses some fans and gains new ones. That's probably why 343 included the DMR in the first place, Reach was so different from previous Halos that returning to "classic" Halo would have seemed like a bad idea. Why alienate all your new fans? You can't bring the ones you lost back, but you can do your best for the ones you have. There are probably more Reach fans playing Halo 4 than fans of Halo 2 or Halo 3. They won't like seeing their standard issue marksman rifle removed.

These are things you have to think about if you want to talk about fixing the game, because you have to think about it from the developer's perspective. 343 can't just get mad because they lost to a DMR and rip it out of the game, they have to work within the boundaries of the game as created. They have to think about the consequences of changes, and if you want to make valuable critiques and suggestions, instead of just being another unruly voice, you have to make your suggestions as if they could be implemented.

"Just get rid of it" is never the solution.

• Like 2