Best Halo 4 1v1 Loadouts?

OompaMyLoompaa

Hi guys, I need some help designing Halo 4 loadouts for a 1v1 and if you could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Design these loadouts with everything unlocked in mind, I have unlocked all weapons, grenades, tactical packages, and support upgrades as I got to SR 130 quickly with Fast Track, and Double XP on Spartan Ops. The setup will most likely be regular Infinity Slayer on Haven, and the person who I'm going against has the option to use the Stealth, and Requisition armor mods. He's almost done Pathfinder, and has already completed Pioneer but neither will help him. I'm planning to use a lot of Drop Recon, Nemesis, and Stability as a Support Upgrade but I don't know what in a loadout compliments them. Could any of you guys help out? Thanks :D Have a great day!

Primary: DMR

Secondary: Boltshot

Grenade: Pulse Grenade (Fastest fuse time of any grenade, can knock off shields or finish kills before enemy can react)

AA depends on map:

Close Range: Promethean Vision

Mid Range: Autosentry - If you don't play with nav points or anything Autosentry can look one direction while you look another, acting both as your alarm and your teamshot partner

Long Range: Active Camo

Awesomesauce: Hologram

Tactical Package: Grenadier or Resupply (Roughly equivalent, Grenadier is for 1 round games that go to 1 kill, Resupply is for 1v1 games that go to more than 1 kill). If you're on a big map then you probably want Shielding or Firepower (DMR + Lightrifle in that case). Shielding doesn't help much, but getting that 1 second jump on someone could decide the fight.

Support Upgrade: Stealth or Stability, depending on map size yet again. If you're really unsure of your ability you can go for dexterity, but generally 1v1s are over before you have to reload. If you can't consistently end 1v1s without reloading then you probably shouldn't specialize in them (Or you SHOULD because you need the practice).

• Like 1

BR, Boltshot, frags would be my choice of weapons.. Nemesis would not be a bad idea 1 v 1, as for stability cannot say I would go for it, maybe explosives as on haven there are a lot of nades lying around and it will give you a real upper hand on damage dealt and revieved.

Now 1v1 is interesting when picking the AA, usually on haven jet pack is a good one, but active camo or hologram used well might be more useful!! depends on your play style. If you use camo you might need stealth on.

The above would suit my play style... of course different lvl's mean different loadouts!

• Like 1

If you're playing game settings designed for 1v1s then you're probably reducing the amount of kills to win and placing nav points above your heads. You're probably also limiting the power weapons available. The nav points are why I didn't recommend nemesis, because in order for 1v1s to work you have to spend your time fighting not hiding from each other, so the game settings frequently include nav points or another way of finding each other.

Promethean Vision as I recommended it above isn't for finding your enemy, it's for lining up shots before they enter your line of sight. It makes a ton of difference with the boltshot, for example.

For long-range 1v1s resetting your reticule after a shot is absolutely essential, which is why I initially recommended stability for longer range maps. If you both have perfect control you still have half the distance between their head and your reticule, so you can shoot faster than they can because you're moving your reticule less. It's a simple matter of how much time it takes to travel a distance. High sensitivities decrease the time too, but they still benefit from stability. Also in 1v1 games you can just start shooting someone in the body and let their shots carry yours to their head, because you know they're always full sheilds when you meet them.

If you went with frag grenades definitely go with Explosives, because other grenades aren't affected by Explosives.

If you just want to win more 1v1s in normal matchmaking then there are a lot more variables (Like the fact that you often won't be 1v1, and even when you are often one of you won't be at full shields to begin the fight), and your preferences matter a lot more.

Thanks, so much guys! Perhaps Stability would not be a good Support Upgrade as most players don't seem to use the scope in some of the smaller maps like Haven. I'm a big Promethean Vision user but I don't want to be too reliant on it and my opponent may use this against me. He could easily use the Stealth armor mod.

If you're playing game settings designed for 1v1s then you're probably reducing the amount of kills to win and placing nav points above your heads. You're probably also limiting the power weapons available. The nav points are why I didn't recommend nemesis, because in order for 1v1s to work you have to spend your time fighting not hiding from each other, so the game settings frequently include nav points or another way of finding each other.

Promethean Vision as I recommended it above isn't for finding your enemy, it's for lining up shots before they enter your line of sight. It makes a ton of difference with the boltshot, for example.

For long-range 1v1s resetting your reticule after a shot is absolutely essential, which is why I initially recommended stability for longer range maps. If you both have perfect control you still have half the distance between their head and your reticule, so you can shoot faster than they can because you're moving your reticule less. It's a simple matter of how much time it takes to travel a distance. High sensitivities decrease the time too, but they still benefit from stability. Also in 1v1 games you can just start shooting someone in the body and let their shots carry yours to their head, because you know they're always full sheilds when you meet them.

If you went with frag grenades definitely go with Explosives, because other grenades aren't affected by Explosives.

If you just want to win more 1v1s in normal matchmaking then there are a lot more variables (Like the fact that you often won't be 1v1, and even when you are often one of you won't be at full shields to begin the fight), and your preferences matter a lot more.

The gametype is just regular Infinity Slayer on the map Haven. We're not placing nav points above our heads.

If you didn't disable ordnance then I suggest using Ordnance priority and/or the perk that lets you re-shuffle your ordnance. Acquiring power weapons makes a big difference in 1v1 and you want to be better at it than your opponent. If you didn't change the map and you don't know the weapon spawns by heart then you should try the tracker perk that lets you see an ordnance is coming earlier, because Haven spawns an incineration cannon and a binary rifle, both of which will decide 1v1s without a lot of fuss.

If you specialize in ordnance you should also consider ammo (So your power weapons give you an advantage for longer) or dexterity (So in the highly unlikely scenario that you miss with your incin cannon your reload time doesn't kill you).

If you haven't disabled power weapons then they will decide the winner, which is why you should probably disable them, but regular settings mean things like the sticky detonator will decide many fights. Some guy in regicide got 4-5 kills on me in a row because I kept spawning near him while he had the sticky detonator. It sucked, there was literally nothing I could do, I even tried running away but the spawns put me so close he just put those grenades at my feet and detonated them with ease. There's a very good reason power weapons are frequently limited the smaller the amount of players, because they make a massive difference.

If you didn't disable ordnance then I suggest using Ordnance priority and/or the perk that lets you re-shuffle your ordnance. Acquiring power weapons makes a big difference in 1v1 and you want to be better at it than your opponent. If you didn't change the map and you don't know the weapon spawns by heart then you should try the tracker perk that lets you see an ordnance is coming earlier, because Haven spawns an incineration cannon and a binary rifle, both of which will decide 1v1s without a lot of fuss.

If you specialize in ordnance you should also consider ammo (So your power weapons give you an advantage for longer) or dexterity (So in the highly unlikely scenario that you miss with your incin cannon your reload time doesn't kill you).

If you haven't disabled power weapons then they will decide the winner, which is why you should probably disable them, but regular settings mean things like the sticky detonator will decide many fights. Some guy in regicide got 4-5 kills on me in a row because I kept spawning near him while he had the sticky detonator. It sucked, there was literally nothing I could do, I even tried running away but the spawns put me so close he just put those grenades at my feet and detonated them with ease. There's a very good reason power weapons are frequently limited the smaller the amount of players, because they make a massive difference.

Thanks. I know most the weapon spawns on Haven and again, this is regular Infinity Slayer that shipped with the game. So ordnance is NOT disabled, it's regular settings. Thanks for all your help! However, I don't remember an Incineration Cannon spawning on Haven.

:) It spawns most of the way through the match, as does the binary rifle. If you don't know when it spawns I suggest looking in Forge and either memorizing its spawn time so you know when to go for it or wearing that tracker perk that shows it coming down 10 seconds or so before it does. The incin. cannon spawns in one of those alcoves on the bottom level, if you're on top mid looking at the closed side of the map then it'll be on your left and down. You can sprint and jump from the grav lift landing to get down there faster.

Everyone has covered the loadouts really well so I won't be redundant. I will say though if you don't already have one, you should work on developing a decent strafe. This will help you when you need to dodge bullets and will actually give you some split second victories. Delpen9 has a very good topic about it in the Halo 4 MLG section called "Strafe 2 Live". It lays out the basics.

However, if you are not a good strafer it might just benefit you to just work on keeping your aim steady.

I do a DMR and boltshot combo with frags. I would use either promethean vision or active camo because one of the main aspects of a 1v1 is knowing where your enemy is. PV has an offensive aspect to this while camo has a defensive aspect. It depends on your playstyle. I would have mobility and dextarity because in a 1v1 time is of the essence. Just keeping messing around with options to find what fits your playstyle best.