Eagle's Talon RP - Off Duty RP

D-38 Boss

Just as Lockett thought he was comfortable enough to prep for a soothing shower, working this fingers under the seam of his T-shirt and beginning to lift, a voice came from out of sight causing him to stop and readjust his outfit. Damn it, he thought, noting that he was only three paces from the shower room door as he did an about-face to see a serviceman standing before him with a hand offered.

"Private Lockett," he replied, putting on some false enthusiasm as he accepted the gesture. "Aaron Lockett." He nodded toward the punching bag. "Just another crewman hopped up on Captain America."

"Lockett then? You been here long Private?"

He then stopped as he heard an announcement over the intercom, mentioning his name.

"Was I shouting? Nevermind, not important. Also you can cut the charade, I know when someone is fed up."

He didn't wait for a response.

As he left, he rememberd the reason he went into the room in the first place.

"Too late now, gotta do it the ol' fashioned way."

"O-o-kay..." Now's my chance, Aaron thought, quickly rushing into the shower room, hoping to avoid another confrontation--especially in the showers, lest they be unisex, and even that wasn't as promising anymore. At this rate, he was banking on the idea of every serviceman, human or otherwise, being a nosey f***stick.

Meanwhile Sergeant Malachi was making his rounds, delivering After Action Reports to the bridge by hand, since his team hadn't been issued personal computers yet, nor were their datapads synched to any internal relay systems. As he entered, he had to sidestep a boistrous, and rather disgruntled Sangheili. He cautiously weaved his way around the alien and approached the Admiral.

"Admiral Parker, sir. The After Action," he stumbled on his own words, realizing the irony of the term "action" being in that term. "The After Action Report."

He took a step away once the folders had left his hand, then stood at attention, his eyes warily shifting back to the Elite in the room.

"They don't? Well if that is the case, I want to speak with whoever is in charge of FLEETCOM. Tell me when you have them on com. And it was me on the intercom, Pershing." Kel walked around to the holographic table. A guarding marine unsheathed a pole with a fork ((fork as in a snakes' tongue)) at the end. The Marine jabbed it against Kel's spine, shocking every nerve throughout. The Arbiter fell to the ground, unconscious.

"We got him sir." the Marine smiled.

Malachi's eyes went plate-sized when the Mariner drew the humbler upon the rampant Elite, and yes he would refer to him as such for the length of the next month or so. Not even humans had the priviledge of barging into a ship's bridge making demands. He was just glad that the situation dissolved quickly, and that the man standing over Kel's unconscious body with a shock stick hadn't gotten the worse end of the deal.

He was itching to get out of there, but it was damn difficult if he hadn't been dismissed, so he waited on the Admiral's go.

"......Polonsky did what now?"

Their was quiet silence in the elevator as the Lieutenant's face shifted from shock, to anger, to joy, and back to anger, and then settled on indifference.

"Split-lip probably deserved it, congratulate him for subduing such a threat to our sanity - but if anybody asks, you repremanded him severely," for the second time, the Lieutenant eased the headset out of her ear and returned it to her pocket. She caught Salvinski's gaze, "Trouble on the bridge."

"Involving a....Split-lip?" Salvinski asked hesitantly.

The Lieutenant nodded and sighed in one epic gesture of all gestures, "Our distinguished guest. And here I thought after the last one we wouldn't have to deal with another Arbiter," a longer sigh and a hand swept through her hair, "But apparently, this one f***ed up badly enough to get the title. Sounds like this time he demanded to speak with whoever runs FLEETCOM," she chuckles lightly, "As if just one person is FLEETCOM. F***ing aliens. Like we didn't deal with enough of 'em during the war."

"Yeah, I prefered when it was shoot on sight when it came to them. I've got my Elite tooth necklace laying around somewhere, probably with my jar of Jackal fingers."

"Seriously?"

((Jesus ******* CHRIST. SHUT THE **** UP! I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT PROTOCOL. IT IS CALLED DRAMA. The **** this is this bull****?: "Split-lip probably deserved it." I mean what the ****? If I can't post a single ******* thing in the RP, then I won't RP at all. "******* aliens."? GIVE ME A CHANCE. I can't post a single thing in the Roleplay without causing a problem. My idea was that there is a splinter of marines that want to take over the ship and they are taking out the most powerful soldiers. And until Boss decides, please shut up about me causing problems.))

((And sorry for cursing, but you got a pretty big rise out of me.))

((Alright-alright-alright, not my intention to cause more drama than the RP itself.))

(Let me state my case here before you immediately start tossing around words with more stars than letters. NOW, I'm not necessarily posting from MY perspective on things. I'm RPing a UNSC Marine. A UNSC Marine, who may not exactly have fought the entire Human-Covenant War, but he fought in it. [Presumably LCPL Polonsky did as well, judging by his outburst] I'm not going to sugar-coat it for you, he's a racist.)

((Towards aliens, not people of other races. Just clarifying that.))

(When I RP, I RP Lance Corporal Joseph Salvinski - I don't RP dryskim - sure, their is a bit of projection present, but my intention is to act in a manner befitting of the character in my head. He's a Marine, he doesn't care if he hurts someone's feelings, he's seen what the Elites have done to humanity - and frankly, that's probably still a sore spot.)

(If you want a rogue Marines subplot, feel free to take over Lieutenant Holiday, she's just as racist as Salvinski based on her last string of comments that so dearly offended you. Heck, if you want to RP out some agression, have Arby run into Sal. I'm sure we could work out something that'll result in Salvinski having a broken spine, fractured pelvis, and unable to utilize the left hand side of his body.)

Adm. Parker slammed his fist on the intercomm button.

"Now hear this! I don't care what petty squabbles you have, this is my ship! Now fall in line and get to your bunks for a mandatory 24 hour lockdown. Anyone found outside of their bunk in the next 20 minutes, who is not an authorized personnel, I'll come down there and throw your sorry A-- out the nearest air-lock myself!"

Edited by D-38 Boss
  • Like 1

Adm. Parker slammed his fist on the intercomm button.

"Now hear this! I don't care what petty squabbles you have, this is my ship! Now fall in line and get to your bunks for a mandatory 24 hour lockdown. Anyone found outside of their bunk in the next 20 minutes, who is not an authorized personnel, I'll come down there and throw your sorry A-- out the nearest air-lock myself!"

(( whoa damn hehe ))

Kel walked back to his bunk. He knew a way to get around. But he thought should wait this one out.

The Arbiter pulled up his datapad to chat with his FLEETCOM associate.

Chat System on...

K: Hello.

E: Sup bro!

K: I don't have time for that. How is FLEETCOM going?

E: Lots of work. Being a relay messenger is very boring. How bout' your end?

K: 24 hour lockdown.

E: Damn... something happen?

K: I kind of disturbed the Admiral.

E: Jesus Arby, be careful.... my boss is coming. He knows about this, but he doesn't care. I'm supposed to be working. Bye!

K: Good luck, Eric.

Kel put down the datapad. What a horrible day. Protocols... he couldn't stand them.

Mack was still in the bridge, hands behind his back. Admiral Parker seemed to have his hands full, what with locking down the ship and all. He'd be lucky to make it back to his quarters in the alotted time given to the crew. Without another minute wasted, he picked the folder of AARs up from the holotable and started for the door.

"I'll...drop these off later at better convenience.."

[You might as well give me an op while I'm still on the bridge.]

Admiral Parker shook his head.

"Wait one minute Mack! I have something for you to do."

He turned to Ace. He took the paper out his hands.

"Maybe if you could go one mission without needing a trip to the medbay, we'd have the money to pay you fully. Your pay cut is to cover food, Room and Board, and to pay for some new toys in the Rec Room. everyone is getting it. and before you complain to me about pay, bear in mind that I've been working this entire mission Gratis. I don't get a single penny. Now double time it to your bunk."

He turned to Mack.

"We've got a small situation developing in a colony on Harvest. Dry Falls has gone dark. Now, we don't think the Covies are involved, the colony was not, gentle, in showing their hatred toward the UNSC. I need you to go down there, figure out what happened, and if necessary, eliminate anyone trying to rebel. We have enough Insurrectionists, every colony that joins them is a loss, but we don't have the resources to persuade them not to rebel."

Parker pulled off his hat and wiped his brow.

"Any questions?"

"Hell with that, you need to pay me to order me to my bunk. I'll be around."

He stormed off, heading in the opposite direction of his room. He never had much respect for meaningless orders.

He found himself behind the bar, helping himself to whatever he could find that was strong enough.

Nobody else was around.

He lay down on the couch, giving his thoughts out loudly.

"Some desk prick takes my bloody pay?! Big nice cushy job while we're bleeding for our measly wages! Bull****, I'll show him."

With that, he passed out on the couch.

Kel continued thinking. Maybe some entertainment would do. But if only he could get outside his room. Trying the door, Kel took note that it was locked. Sitting back down, the Arbiter thought of his childhood...

"Hey Kel! We are going to play hot energy sword! You want to play?" Roh asked.

"No thanks Roh, I'm going to visit the troop barracks with my father soon." Kel looked at him.

"Lucky... oh well. See you later!" the Sangheili dashed away to the others as Kel went back to his house.