Any Way To Tell If People Are In Party?

FleshBack

I am talking pregame lobby before we vote a map.

When I play Infinity Slayer with randoms, I will sometimes run into this:

Matchmaking finds people and sticks us all together. Sometimes I might see a couple of those "message box" things above a player's card. Nobody has a mic according to the game and everything is silent. At this point no one can say anything for sure. The game starts after we are sorted and the funny thing happens.

The enemy team is totally coordinated and destroying us. I am not stupid and I can tell while we are playing if an enemy team is using communication or not. The team obviously is calling out and backing eachother up and we don't stand a chance. And how could we? We're randoms.

Anyway, in the post game lobby, all of the sudden there is a mic icon above every one of the enemy player's cards and they are all talking it up about how they won. Where was this info before the match started? Why was everythig silent pregame? I don't understand this a bit, so if someone could be so kind as to clarify for me, it would be highly appreciated.

No problem and thanks for posting this for me to answer. If you remember ton the days of Halo 3, in the ranked playlists you would never be able to communicate with the enemy team pre-game, but you were able to see your team and if they have microphones or not. It is just like this in Halo 4, when you are in the pre-game lobby, you cannot communicate with the opposing team, nor can you see that they have microphones. However, you will be able to communicate with your team and see if they have microphones in.

If the explanation is confusing, feel free to post what needs clear and I will do my best, (rushed explanation).

-Inversion

Yeah, the thing that bugs me is that they wouldn't let us communicate Before we actually were separated into teams. Like, it was literally my first match in matchmaking after I turned on my Xbox. So I don't see how the system would've known that we were going to be on a team before it actually sorted us out.

This may answer my own question, but if all four guys were already in a party then maybe it was just basing it off that. Still it would be nice if there was an indicator letting you know they were in a party.

I have to say this is a bit of a pain, I would not change loadouts but say the direction of my play at the start, when facing a party. At the moment it seems the only way to know is after game (although it can be very obvious during the game).

With the lack of conversation between players in H4 when you come up against a party there is little you can do as all your team do their own thing which can work out very badly for all. Team play wins at the end of the day.

Would be nice to add a feature that lets us see parties as I have often been in one and had players join us who were in party chat but had none of their party present in our game, so as far as the enemy knew we were all one big party when we were not.

The only way I can tell if I am facing a party is when I'm trying to join people or people joining me. If I see 4 people connecting to me (or vise versa) at the the same time, then I know they are together, instead of connecting to a player 1 or 2 at a time. (This is before the pre-game is put together, while the game is still locating players to put together in order to create a lobby).

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or maybe it's random but I always see it. A lot of times pregame it'll show who has a mic, and then the game puts all those people on the same team. Like I said, it could be random chance but I see it all the time. Seems like giving that team a huge advantage over the team without mics.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or maybe it's random but I always see it. A lot of times pregame it'll show who has a mic, and then the game puts all those people on the same team. Like I said, it could be random chance but I see it all the time. Seems like giving that team a huge advantage over the team without mics.

Yes it does seem to do this, it also puts people in parties in the same team over parties + open mic, so its not always the advantage it seems. I guess the logic behind it is that if you have a mic in you might as well have someone to talk to.

If people actually tal and play like a team it is an advantage but this is rarely the case in my experience, I often find that players will still do their own thing and ignore each other bar a few comments, I have often taken the mic out part way through game as it seems pointless.

I think you're misinterpreting what you're seeing. I think you're seeing that you can only speak to members of your team without knowing whether the other team has mics or not.

I think I found out how by playing a game yesterday. I was in Big Team Battle and I was checkin' their service records when I came across a bit of information that I don't know how we are missing. It will say their party size. So it said 7 and I was like," Did... I just find out how to figure out if their are parties, after like 3 months the game came out". When the game is over, what do you know, 7 of them had mics. Coincidence, I think not.