"You seem fine to me."

"Look out that window."

"The hell..."

"You see it too?"

"Yeah.........I could try um.......open a comm with..hi.....he......it."

"Well, the worst thing that could happen is we start talking to the hull."

"Uh.....hello?"

Citadel V- Polar regions, Forerunner Artefact designated 'Swordstaff'

N'Jay look down on the Unggoy. Pitiful, servile creatures they were, their cold planet made them good for arctic exploration. Up in orbit, a Phoenix-class colony ship was deploying bases. A pod landed and drilled the ice. In minutes, a fully functional base was erected.

A group of Jiraelhanae and Human soldiers marched out of the entrance, donned in white camouflaged versions of their armour. So far, a barracks and landing pad had been built for the administration team, who were soon to arrive. He ordered for some sniper towers and shade turrets to be built over the cave entrance. He then went to inspect the Firing pits made for the Scorpions and Wraiths. He wanted a fully functional garrison ready before the inspection arrived. As if on cue, a stealth dropship uncloaked just outside the AA cannon range, waited for clearance to enter, and settled on the pad, lifting plumes of snow into the air. The six Humans exited the ship, shivering.

"As you can see, Colonel, our garrison is keeping to figures listed by your report." Reported N'Jay, awaiting a response.

"Heh, do you kiss your mother with that mouth son?"

The General walked up to him.

"Now, I want you to take a good look around here. None of that foe-runner nonsense was used by us. Take a look over there."

He pointed out to the large fleet in the distance.

"Now if you want your fancy toys, I suggest you go speak to them. Everything here is nothin' but blood and steel."

Colonel Hunter, Citadel V polar region.

"My god, you pathetic worms. Airborne, DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SHIVER?!"

"NO SIR!"

"Well I suggest you stop, now if you're cold, drop and give me 1000!"

"YES SIR!"

"Sorry about that, recruits need the heavy hand, now I see nothing out of the ordinary."

He proceded over towards a Scorpion tank.

"Looks good for a......2550? The UNSC is still making these? How the hell did they ever expect to win anything?"

He took a look around the base.

"I'm sure as glad we abandoned that awful flawed doctrine. We'll set up our tent there. Anything you need come to me."

"KEEP PUSHING YOU GIRLS!"

"Why are you talking with those "Covenant"? They are supposed to be your enemies. At least that is what I have heard. Being in a star for more than a million years tends to make one forget. Even a Precursor." Vilcus said. "And perhaps, you can call me by my name. I'm not your son, if anything you are mine. I was tasked with creating humans."

• Like 1

"Yeah yeah, I'm sure you were a real ladys man back in the day. Now those nice aliens out there say they're not covies. If you want me to call you by your title, you can start by calling me mine. Nothin' is freely given these days."

"Wait, how did you hear about the Covenant war?"

N'Jay struggled to keep his temper. While he had come to respect humans, this one was pushing his limits. He reached for his energy sword, he then pulled away. What was the human term? Ah, yes; Stuck up. Pompous.

"Our Tanks are far more advanced, Your triple-Ay batteries reload after firing all rounds? Ours reload after the missile is fired." N'Jay was fighting the urge to rip the maggots head off. He instead showed the Officer and his squad- minus one member- to the specially built barracks in front of the landing pad. "I hope you find everything satisfactory. These barracks are fully patched into the COMM network, should you need to contact your superiors. Now, one of our Human shipmasters will be along tomorrow to give a full tour. I advise you rest; our camps are never quiet at day." He stormed out of the door, slamming the Airlock shut and knocked over a Kig-Yar that was carrying a few missiles for the Rocket Warthog Batteries, spilling the explosives everywhere.

Vilcus closed his eyes. Many of the humans and Sangeili were looking for Forerunner Technology. He could feel them near an Artefact at Citadel V- Polar Region. He thought that this crew had enough information, so he warped out of the ship, unfolded his wings, and burst at the speed of light to Citadel V, already noticing ships surrounding it.

• Like 1

"What a wimp."

"You not playing nice then Paul?"

"A few comments about the scorpion tanks, He couldn't take them too well."

"ooooh, what was his come back?"

"Something about reloading their triple-A tanks after every missile fired."

"So they still using soley missile based technology?"

"Yeah."

"And you said?"

"Nothing, don't want to start spilling technical specs. But I think that they think that we'll fight using flawed UNSC doctrines."

"What are those doctrines, I never paid attention in History."

"It's not improtant, I'll talk to you later."

Unrelenting Bridge.

"Now I just find that insulting. To mistake me for the Admiral is just awful. Do I smell that bad?"

"Heh, no sir."

"A little remedy will fix that, keep a tabs on whats his face."

"Yes sir!"

Sgt. Ty MacMillan, Omega Force Operations, 1st Infantry Platoon. Falcon Reaver 2-2, Ozgiuliath.

Ty's HUD lit up. The map showed a location underground.

"Why didn't Jozef radio in?" He wondered. He didn't wait long to get his answer. Jozef's IFF implant started to flash an S.O.S.

"Pilot! get us in there now! RoE is Search and Rescue!"

"Affimative! strap in!"

The Falcon dipped and went toward the Opening in the earth.

Ty addressed his Team. They were newbies, just recruited from a field day on earth.

The Tech kid was a smart mouthed punk from New York who was good with a computer. his name was Jacky, or something like that, Ty couldn't remember.

The Sanghelli, however, was a different story. He was wanted on Earth for suspicion of murder. He didn't tell anyone his name.

Ty cleared his throat.

"Once we get on the ground, Priority one is finding Lt. Kirenov. Priority two is destruction of the base. Watch each other's backs and we'll be fine."

Ty prepped his XM8. The old rifle was dated, but effective.

The Werewolves, an upgrade if the UNSC's Wolverine tanks, and AA Wraiths had made a perimeter around the fortress. The Albatross transports were already shipping in Tyrant AA guns as a more permanent measure. N'Jay stormed into his command centre. There were various holograms of The leaders of fleets and soecies. Among them, 646 Eternal Nova, Kjal Votramee and Zhak Jakromee.

"Sirs, I am at a loss as to our alliance with these humans. They have nothing to offer us apart from insults and humiliation. As you can see, from the scans of the planet, their fleet sizes and military have nothing compared to us. Furthermore, our ships are under their Orbital Defense Grid. One swift blow to their Capitol, could leave their leaders in a scramble for power in which time, we destroy those ODP's and hunt them down like the dogs they are." He noticed some of the Human generals clench their jaws shut.

"No, right now, you do not have the strength needed for such an assault." Replied Kjal. "We wil wait, play the fool and ally with them. When they think you are friends, we will deal a crippling blow. I agree with your plan and estimations, but the time is not right, from your scans, they have nuclear weaponry aimed at our forces. We cannot risk losing our foothold on this planet. Study the Artefact, Nova has deciphered your data. The spires are teleportation devices. Get them working, we will silently amass an army. Then strike where they are weakest. Humans do not work well in cold weather. If anyone has anything to say, say it now. Otherwise, council dismissed."

646 Eternal Nova

"I agree with Kjal and the Sangheili. You do not have enough resources to pull of such an attack. Now, what I have deciphered is quite incredible. The most important part, says this: The knowledge of our predecessors will free us from our bonds. What the Sentinel translators think this means, is you have to use some part of Forerunner weaponry to get out of some upcoming problem. All else is unknown." Nova chimed. A human general gritted his teeth at Nova.

"Major, troops have reported in. The 14th, 12th and 67th Battalions are in poistion and have set up a line. A Nuclear battery has been set up here. We have recived over 400 drone F/Bs and 20 RAVs. The 18th Armoured division is prepped and we have three motorized divisions ready for deployment."

"Good, give me an update in an hour. What about those stealth ships they have?"

"As long as they're in atmosphere they can be tracked easily. They wern't designed for planetary operations."

"What about our teams report?"

"All UNSC or Covenant equipment."

"Heh, they sure as hell won't be able to win this war."

"I'll send the report to command."

The Falcon slowly descended toward the base.

"This is Sgt. MacMillan, We have a visual on the base. Beginning assault!"

Ty was suddenly blinded as The bases Flood lights glared on the Falcon. AA guns Started to fire at them.

"Get us on the ground now! then get the hell out of here!" Ty ordered.

The Falcon dipped harshly, then hovered just above the ground. Ty and his team hopped out and rushed into cover. Before the falcon could get clear, it was hit with a rocket pod, and was destroyed.

"Crap... Jacky! Cover me!"

Ty rushed over to the wreckage to see if the pilot was still alive. The blood covered cockpit told the story well enough.

"We're gonna need another way out! Move toward the Main building!"

Kjal looked down in the courtyard. New additions were joining his army everyday. He had even found a Lekgolo processing plant; in other words, a Scarab factory some days ago, and the Carrier was dropping in the Scarabs that were left after the Great Schism. They weren't as much vehicles, as Ultra-Heavy Infantry. He had already began building Scarabs, it would take months for them to get to Sanghelios. But it would be worth it. He would send entire Supercarriers full of the walkers in-system and drop the behemoths into their cities en masse. Supported by legions of infantry and vehicles, and their ODO's knocked out, they would be crushed in a matter of days! And failing that, he had a last resort of glassing. But why waste a world if you could conquer it? No, it would be a last resort. And aided by the Sentinels, he would be practically unstoppable!

An Unggoy ran into the room, out of breath.

"Sir! Our relays have detected a signal, coming from outside the galaxy!" It reported.

"Outside the galaxy" relied the elite. He was puzzled. A new species? This would be interesting.

"Decipher the signals, and send them to our Artificial Allies. Find out what they want."

"Y...yes sir!" Shouted the grunt, hurrying off back to the Relay centre.

((My character Vilcus? If not, then Vilcus will just see the new species.))

Vilcus

The Last Precursor

Vilcus entered the Milky Way galaxy. It was a wonderful place, thriving with life. Though he could see that many planets looked like glass. Even though he could travel the speed of light, he decided to stroll around at a slow pace of 250,000 miles per hour. Vilcus saw many ships and stations. He wondered what he could find....

((Okay, no problem))

Vilcus noticed a fleet of... whatever fly past him when he stopped to examine a star. He remembered making them with a talisman of life, but forgot the species name. Perhaps they were going somewhere. The last Precursor bolted across the galaxy, this time the speed of light, to a fleet surrounding a planet.

((Where Kjal is, I think.))

U.C.R.S. Unforgiving

"Sir, repairs are complete, data has been uploaded, boarding teams are home."

"Good, scuttle the vessal."

"Done sir. Orders?"

"Set a course for this planet here, this should be interesting."

"Right away sir."

Observation team, Citadel V polar region.

"I understand sir. No sir I.....Yes sir. Right away sir."

"What is it Colonel?"

"Get your gear and come with me."

The Colonel left with his team armed.

They could see enemy troops look cautiously at them.

He stormed into the base commanders quarters.

"Will you mind telling me why you're over limit on troop count?"