Halo 4 new Community Forge Test playlist Opinions.

Azaxx

Hillo all, Azaxx here.

This thread is about what you guys and girls have thought about the recent playlist; Community Forge Test.

I honestly think that most maps are pretty much perfect. Though the map I believe called Despair is definitely the worst map by far. Incredibly one sided and poorly spawned. The centre section is poorly made for KoTH and the map is easily taken over by one team. Every time I have played on this map I've lost, and by a considerable amount. Although I am a good player and do have off matches every now and again. A loss of 40 kills for infinity slayer is just embarrassing and pathetic especially when you get the most kills on the team with 6.

It only needs spawn work and less power weapons, and this map could become incredibly fun. But atm, it's terrible IMO.

With that said, the remake of Blackout (shutout), Scythe and Simplex are superb maps. The spawning I found was perfect. The maps are easy to traverse and the weapons found on the maps aren't overpowering when one team gets most of them.

I do like how they implemented a few different gametypes into the playlist, SWAT, Infinity Slayer, CTF and KoTH (may be more, but I've never seen them). This should be making KoTH fans happy, how they lost the standalone playlist a while back.

Personally I think SWAT of Scythe has to be the best combination. The ease of moving and clear Line of Sight makes this a perfect map for it, and all 3 SWAT weapons. Magnum being my favourite for this map getting a nice 33-8 once. Though that was dwarfed by my game in Simplex going 44-18 ^_^.

That sums up my opinion, so to all who have played it. What do you think of it?

• Like 3

I enjoy Simplex and SWAT Shutdown. The other ones I do not really like. Despair and Garrote are a giant cluster-you-know-what... Infinity Slayer Shutdown is an insult to Halo 2...Relay is not only terrible map design, but isn't a community made map... Sycthe is not bad but it really isn't anything special.

There have been so many amazing maps crafted in Forge for Halo 4 so far and hundreds of ones that are far superior to the ones in this playlist didn't make the cut for whatever reason.