Challenges and Commendations all for nothing?

Sova

Is anyone else really peeved that due to one not having a specialization unlock code they don't get to gain exp throughout the entire time between specialization unlocks.

Backstory: I didn't play halo before NOvember whatever, but that was cause i was abroad and when i got back i bought halo 4. I've played every halo since CE like a loyal jester entertains his king. So yeah, I didn't get a specialization code like everyone else. And I know there are lots out there who didn't either.

But I still played even when I reached the lvl 70 cap. I still went for the challenges like everyone else, I still got commendations for completing my DMR, Suppressor, Light Rifle. But guess what! I log on today wiht the hope that i'll be reimbursed for all that experience I supposedly would have gained if I had a specialization unlock, but no. I find out I basically wasted my time because I wasn't rewarded.

It's not so much that the cap irks me but what really made it infuriating is that the commendation rewards, which are a hefty amount of experience if you complete all the way to master, are not allowed to be done over. So I spent all my time using a light rifle and DMR when normally i'd just use something else and I don't get rewarded for it. The sad part is that this is built into the game. It's not a challenge per say. It's something you can do on your own time how ever long you want and complete when you want.

Some tell me I'm wrong in all this. Please. I put in just as much time as the guy who got to level 100 whatever but I still have to start from scratch all because I didn't play before a stupid, made up, nonsensical date.

I agree you did get cheated out of your exp points. But you should have known that when you continued to play after you hit 70 that you would not get any exp for the games you play. It is a good thing that you still did play and go for commendations. I am not saying you are wrong at all. Just saying that you should have seen it coming.

Point I'm making is that I completed something that rewards me with exp but never got that exp because i was capped. How bogus is that? Lost EXP...fail 343i

It will happen to all of us sooner or later when we hit SR130, which, BTW, is fairly easy to get to as long as you play consistently.

• 2 months later...