Forge Map Test Playlist Discussion/Feedback

SatanicBagels

As many of you probably already know 343i has announced that they will be adding a new playlist tomorrow called the Forge Map Test. This playlist will be the first community creation driven playlist added to Halo 4. It will include 6 forge maps and should be just what 343i needs to revitalize MM.

I just thought that it might be useful to post this thread where people can discuss the maps after getting a few matches in on them and maybe even possibly post some constructive criticism.

Here are some of the pictures of the maps being added. I do not know anything else about them.

][/b]

Map: Shutout

Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.

Author: Big Papa SaLoT

Map: Despair

Description: A derelict facility...

Author: SecretShnitzel

Map: Garrotte

Description: Better play it straight.

Author: MythicFritz

Map: Relay

Description: As is, in-game.

Author: FyreWulff

Map: Scythe

Description: A community made forge map by PA1NTS.

Author: PA1NTS

Map: Simplex

Description: A community made, arena style map by Big Papa SaLoT.

Author: Big Papa SaLoT

5a0256fed53e557633dafe203da044c4.jpg

8c3ffb9489b091a6149f76a73807b9d5.jpg

f955f7f760fe9672a3c1ff9e84ae89b1.jpg

cdbf572b5629aa2939ed257951c7e94a.jpg

44bd6cf8701ba09139d30caa16480ff2.jpg

f363c0667cb5b53c0e871e361dd58def.jpg

5db8eee6e34cd25af249a80979834f68.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-community-playlist-detailed-for-monday-s-release

Some interesting looking designs in there.

Fire away.

:)

• Like 3

Hey you guys can try out the maps now so you can get a little upper hand. Just file share search the map authors, you can get all of the maps except for "Shutout". I personally don't care for any of the maps except for the one pictured above.

Also the map "Shutout" I'm guessing is the remake of lockout by "Big Papa Salot" that has been floating around.

Lockout, blackout and now shutout... Fair assumption I say.

I've just got a few games on in the forge test playlist and I am very impressed. The maps added are far superior to the stuff that was introduced in Halo Reach. My favorite two maps would have to be Simplex and Shutout. Shutout is probably the most faithful remake of Lockout that I have seen yet and it plays very well for SWAT. Anybody who loved Lockout in Halo 3 will love Shutout.

Simplex is a great little arena style map. I love how they have the Railgun on the map as one of the main power weapons. It is such a fun gun to use and really is quite the powerhouse on this map. In addition the Overshield in the middle works with the map perfectly.

If this isnt a competition now it should be i mean come on it would be a honor to just have your map out there for tens of thousands to play. heres how it should be

Create a map on forge

Send in vid to 343 ,if 343 likes it put it into the playlist and have six new maps a month??

Could be way more complex then what im saying but yeah i wouldnt need to spend money just have new maps from awesome halo fans