True skill arrival date?

Mikeybeast

So I went back to playing halo 3 to try to become a 50. Needless to say it didn't happen lol. The main reason playing lone wolves is the only category u can find a ranked game in most of the time and the people still playing can be pretty amazing. I wish I had ranked swat! Which is why I'm wondering when is ranked skill coming I know they said early next year but when. And does anyone know if it will be separate playlists it really should be just do social and ranked and everyone will be happy. I did see a double teams category will be added which is cool and the continuation of spartan ops also cool. But I want ranked and until its there I won't play except spartan ops matchmaking just isn't fun with the pointless leveling up. Idk why it wasn't set in the beginning ranked and social everyone will be happy

They are releasing a ranking system in the new update (January 21st), it will not be Halo 3 style however as no rank is visible ingame, you will have to go to the waypoint forum to see it.

The exact system is unknown but has apparently been working in the background since the start (cannot say it is working when matching players but meh..). They have not mentioned ranked/social playlists so I cannot imagine we will have them anytime soon if at all. To be honest the only thing I can say is now you can go to a website and see some invisible rank, this seems to be as much as we are getting.

Hope this helps may not have been what you wanted but alas its what we get. I had personally hoped for more H3 style but I do not see it coming at all.

Yea I was hoping that wasn't the case. As I thought the same. I just went online played 2 games and got bored I just don't get why they refuse to make the fans happy I understand a lot of people like it the way it is but just as many don't like it if not more. Right now even when they implement the new ranking system every game might as well be social. Which is why I don't play it's fun to run around and shoot but I feel like I'm playing for nothing idk. I guess I'm left hoping for halo 2 anniversary and maybe they will re-realase the same multiplayer. Does anyone know if they are going to remake halo 2 the way they did 1 maybe idk if so halo 3 remake will come eventually and it will be the best game of all time unless 343 decides to finally listen and make social and ranked they can even keep there stupid reach type system and incorporate it I just don't get it very disappointed guess spartan ops is the only thing to look forward to in this halo =(

343 has indicated that the ranks will be for "competitive playlists" so I'm guessing there will be some sort of playlist separation, but they might not be called exactly social/ranked. I will be so glad when the ranking system comes out. Thank you for the exact date on that, ProudDrunkIrish! Are you for sure on that date?

It is supposed to be part of the January 21st major update that will have this and some new playlists as well as bug fixes in it... I have read this date in a few places but can give no 100% assurance on it but being the only date I have seen mentioned its the best info I have.

Yeah I can see the dissapointment, the old split of ranked and social was perfect it meant you could be competitive or not, and you had your rank to work on (something that never ends), they seem to have missed that point when deciding to make it entirely social.

• Like 1

They are releasing a ranking system in the new update (January 21st), it will not be Halo 3 style however as no rank is visible ingame, you will have to go to the waypoint forum to see it.

The exact system is unknown but has apparently been working in the background since the start (cannot say it is working when matching players but meh..). They have not mentioned ranked/social playlists so I cannot imagine we will have them anytime soon if at all. To be honest the only thing I can say is now you can go to a website and see some invisible rank, this seems to be as much as we are getting.

Hope this helps may not have been what you wanted but alas its what we get. I had personally hoped for more H3 style but I do not see it coming at all.

Honestly, if it isn't visible, what is the point? They should just have a 1-50 ranking system or at least a Halo Reach Arena ranking system. Just make social and ranked like they did for years. Or make it like Reach and have competitive playlists. It's not that hard.

Honestly, if it isn't visible, what is the point? They should just have a 1-50 ranking system or at least a Halo Reach Arena ranking system. Just make social and ranked like they did for years. Or make it like Reach and have competitive playlists. It's not that hard.

I agree with what you say but it is what it is.. it will be somewhat like a 1-50 system but will not be visible ingame and as yet they have only mentioned social/ranked playlists with nothing set in stone (which means nothing based on 343 past).

Its a big dissapointment for me personally but nothing we can do.

The BIG deal is it actually makes winning and losing important. As it stands right now I could care less if my team wins or loses because either way u are awarded exp. Not to mention I really don't care about exp Not to mention the strive to become a 50. It's not about seeing if I'm better or worse than someone and btw just because someone has a better or worse k/d than you. That is not an accurate way to tell if there better. For example someone could just camp every game in big team battle get easy kills and hide they will have an amazing k/d but if I were to play them one v one who knows what would happen. I personal have a friend who was a sr 130 or w/e in literally like the first 2 weeks all he does is play games and he has a better k/d than me. But his assists are low and I've played him one v one and he just isn't as good as me never beat me not even close. That's what makes the ranking system so important. He would have never reached the highest level in halo 3 and never did;). The point of true skill ranking is to feel accomplished and really test your game and see how good u really are I never have become a 50 in any category I think I could now as I've improved greatly since I used to play and play much smarter. Ugh there's so many reasons its makes u have to use better strategies. Not just go out and shoot and respawn and shoot there was actually tactics it made the game amazing. It sickens me that anyone doesn't want it. The people that always said who cares about rank when halo 3 was out were the people who sucked and could only camp crouched with a shotgun etc. they would say things like" I just like to play social it's more fun " because there wasnt anyone good and they could get kills. I understand money rules all and people want to have the best ranking even when they suck they wanna be a 130 or w/e the best is i dont even know because i dont care im not gonna pour countless hours into pointless games people actually made livings boosting people to 50s i would never want a fake 50 i always wanted to do it myself when I play a game I take it serious i want to win when u play halo now there is no point.

I hope some part of that rant answered your stupid question. Maybe u just never played halo 3 or are just not a serious gamer. Maybe you would rather appreciate the graphics or maybe how there's little flowers growing in the grass in some places in games lol smh ive been playing games since nintendo and am a very skilled all around gamer and its just a disgrace to all of us true video game fans. When I play a game I strive to be the best even if I know there's thousands better. I want a challenge a reason to play its why I love achievements on Xbox it's why every game needs a hard mode ugh I'm just really upset I don't think ill ever have the video games the way I remember the punishment of games like double dragon 1 megaman 1 halo 3s ranking system was the equivalent of that its like legendary mode but online. But now even legendary seems to easy maybe it's because I'm better but I don't think a game will ever challenge me again I'm just disappointed. Sheep

There is no word currently when for sure the ranking system will be implemented :'( ! There is a big update slated for the 21st, as earlier stated and it would be awesome if it was released in this TU. As for the invisible ranking system, if they go with that it won't be around for very long, it will be in the game 100% guaranteed. But anyhoots, if the ranking system doesn't come out on the 21st, there is a GREAT chance it will come out alongside the upcoming Majestic Map Pack slated for February 25th.

I hope some part of that rant answered your stupid question. Maybe u just never played halo 3 or are just not a serious gamer. Maybe you would rather appreciate the graphics or maybe how there's little flowers growing in the grass in some places in games lol smh ive been playing games since nintendo and am a very skilled all around gamer and its just a disgrace to all of us true video game fans. When I play a game I strive to be the best even if I know there's thousands better. I want a challenge a reason to play its why I love achievements on Xbox it's why every game needs a hard mode ugh I'm just really upset I don't think ill ever have the video games the way I remember the punishment of games like double dragon 1 megaman 1 halo 3s ranking system was the equivalent of that its like legendary mode but online. But now even legendary seems to easy maybe it's because I'm better but I don't think a game will ever challenge me again I'm just disappointed. Sheep

I don't really post much on these here forums, but I do read most of what is written by it's members unless it is the same stuff over and over again.

But this last bit quite caught my eye, mainly the the two bits highlighted in red. I may be a little out of touch with gaming but what really constitutes to a person being a serious gamer?

And the bit about playing game since Nintendo, in my oppinion it reallu does not matter how long you have been playing videos games to be able to enjoy them. And if you could explain to me what is actually a disgrace it might help me to understand.

Though to be a bit more on topic, I sit on the fence with the true skill system coming in when ever it may be, it's not the thing that pushes me to get better at playing a Halo 4 it's my own determination to get better at it and learn different ways of playing the game to my advantage.