The OP campaign powerhouse... Perfect Vehicle.

Baeztoberfest

What would be the most over powered fun vehicle to wreck people with on campaign ONLY? This way multiplayer isn't a factor... But it'd strictly be something fun used in campaign.

Gauss tank? Pelican w/ spartan laser? Scarab? The Infinity? What about a forerunner vehicle? I personally would favor a gauss hornet.

Actually the original hornet fit this description. Its machine guns did normal damage for a vehicle machine gun but they possessed perfect accuracy. I don't think it appeared in matchmaking, but if it did it was only briefly before Bungie figured out it was insanely good. You could spot and kill someone from across the map in Valhalla with that thing, they'd only have about as long to get to cover as they would if you were right next to them BRing them.

Also if you hit Y when you are in the pelican in Halo 4 you can use... its spartan laser. The pelican segment was pretty weak though, the best part about it was that it had ammo for you. Even on Legendary the phantoms went down like prom dates.

However, to match the more extreme examples you give, I want them to improve their moving fortress (mammoth, elephant) in the next campaign where one appears. If you're going to have a moving fortress, make it feel like that. In the Halo 4 campaign it was just a taxi cab between lame scripted encounters, and in Halo 3 Matchmaking it was just a gimmick. In the mission with it in Halo 4 I got so bored and disgusted with it that when Cortana yelled "Banshees!" like they mattered I just walked below decks and waited for the thing to move past. That's as lame as things can get I think. I can't explain how sad it made me feel.

I even like the idea of different races having different moving fortresses. Covenant have Scarabs, we have elephants/Mammoths. Fighting Scarabs felt like attacking a moving fortress SHOULD feel, it was hard to board and harder to infiltrate. There were guns and aggressive enemies ready to fight you for it. The mammoth was just awfully boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the original hornet fit this description. Its machine guns did normal damage for a vehicle machine gun but they possessed perfect accuracy. I don't think it appeared in matchmaking, but if it did it was only briefly before Bungie figured out it was insanely good. You could spot and kill someone from across the map in Valhalla with that thing, they'd only have about as long to get to cover as they would if you were right next to them BRing them.

Also if you hit Y when you are in the pelican in Halo 4 you can use... its spartan laser. The pelican segment was pretty weak though, the best part about it was that it had ammo for you. Even on Legendary the phantoms went down like prom dates.

However, to match the more extreme examples you give, I want them to improve their moving fortress (mammoth, elephant) in the next campaign where one appears. If you're going to have a moving fortress, make it feel like that. In the Halo 4 campaign it was just a taxi cab between lame scripted encounters, and in Halo 3 Matchmaking it was just a gimmick. In the mission with it in Halo 4 I got so bored and disgusted with it that when Cortana yelled "Banshees!" like they mattered I just walked below decks and waited for the thing to move past. That's as lame as things can get I think. I can't explain how sad it made me feel.

I even like the idea of different races having different moving fortresses. Covenant have Scarabs, we have elephants/Mammoths. Fighting Scarabs felt like attacking a moving fortress SHOULD feel, it was hard to board and harder to infiltrate. There were guns and aggressive enemies ready to fight you for it. The mammoth was just awfully boring.

Didn't the hornet has badass rockets in campaign too? I know those didn't make into multiplayer lol.

Yeah it had rockets, and they were on the multiplayer version, but not on the Avalanche version. They were really good rockets too, as you say, but the machine guns were so good you wouldn't use the rockets on anything but vehicles. You'd spot an infantry target with the machine guns and they'd be dead before the rockets got there. The Avalanche version just had really accurate but significantly weaker machine guns. You'd hammer a spartan awhile before killing them and usually you were going for the assist instead because they were so weak. They retained the accuracy on the Avalanche Hornet but the power was so low you spent most of the time using your accuracy to annoy from a safe distance.