Why Custom forged maps are good.

Hater

Some people may not like the custom forged maps 343(correct me if i'm wrong) implemented into the game in Reach. I respect their opinions. I think that custom forged maps in MM are a very good idea.

There are a total of 5 4v4 infinity slayer maps. One of the 5, Complex, is hardly even played thanks to the DMR. This game has only been out for almost 2 months and I am already bored of the infinity slayer maps. I liked what they did in Reach to give a variety to the multiplayer maps. It also let talented forges show off their maps to the whole Halo community.

What I am saying is for 343 to let players submit their maps in to 343 to be implemented into the game. They could even have a weekly rotation for the maps.

• Like 1

Some people may not like the custom forged maps 343(correct me if i'm wrong) implemented into the game in Reach. I respect their opinions. I think that custom forged maps in MM are a very good idea.

There are a total of 5 4v4 infinity slayer maps. One of the 5, Complex, is hardly even played thanks to the DMR. This game has only been out for almost 2 months and I am already bored of the infinity slayer maps. I liked what they did in Reach to give a variety to the multiplayer maps. It also let talented forges show off their maps to the whole Halo community.

What I am saying is for 343 to let players submit their maps in to 343 to be implemented into the game. They could even have a weekly rotation for the maps.

I see what you are saying, and for the most part I agree. However, I need to point out that it wasn't that the maps were community made in Reach, it was that they were forge world maps.

The reasons that people hate forge world maps varies, but my personal ones are that the colors get boring, the sky is only one color shade different than my reticle (making knowing where it is a pain sometimes), and they can never seem to get the spawns perfect. I can't tell you how many times I spawned on my dead body in multiplayer matchmaking, which is shameful for even a custom game. Balancing a community map for 4v4 (or btb) matchmaking seems to be one of the most difficult things in the world to do, if you look at the maps in Halo Reach. I kind of wish that they kept track of which team wins on which map so that I can back this up with some stats, but they don't so oh well.

If you disagree, that's fine. I'm simply stating from personal experience.

I see what you are saying, and for the most part I agree. However, I need to point out that it wasn't that the maps were community made in Reach, it was that they were forge world maps.

The reasons that people hate forge world maps varies, but my personal ones are that the colors get boring, the sky is only one color shade different than my reticle (making knowing where it is a pain sometimes), and they can never seem to get the spawns perfect. I can't tell you how many times I spawned on my dead body in multiplayer matchmaking, which is shameful for even a custom game. Balancing a community map for 4v4 (or btb) matchmaking seems to be one of the most difficult things in the world to do, if you look at the maps in Halo Reach. I kind of wish that they kept track of which team wins on which map so that I can back this up with some stats, but they don't so oh well.

If you disagree, that's fine. I'm simply stating from personal experience.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but there are other forge maps out there now. I'm just worried that I will have to buy DLC if I want for maps.

I really liked Reach's Forge maps. Some I'll admit, I hated ever-so badly, and the colors definitely get boring, but most of the time they were fun. Hemmorhage (Blood Gulch) was the only map I thought was completely one sided (red side was just far superior, same with red side on ragnarok in 4) that I can think of off the top of my head. Can't say I noticed the spawn thing, I get spawn killed more in 4 than any previous game really, but that's instant spawn I guess. Some of the maps were awesome, even though a majority were remakes at the beginning, I thought it added a lot of variety to the game. My friends and I don't really care for the few maps in 4... Adrift, Haven, Ragnarok, Exile, Harvest : basically the only maps out there. And with being able to quit out of any game there is now, no one sits around in the maps they don't like. Well, I certainly don't. If Solace wins, my teams at least down 1 player, sorry.

Yeah, I used to run custom games nights for another community and some of those maps were insanely well put together. I don't know who put together the maps for halo 4 .... they should be flogged whoever it was. They need to take entries and let the community vote on the maps for putting them into MP.

What dope are you on?? I dash for everything except forge maps in Reach. Swordbase and Countdown makes me want to PUKE! Powerhouse is good tho. Its open and outdoors.

Reach SHINES on outdoor forge maps like Asylum, Cage and Pinnacle.

The few ****ty forge maps are those made to cater MLG type players . Made like indoor labyrinths with a roof as low you can't even jump. Or those made like outdoor labyrinths with buildings so high there's only the ground route to take and absolutely no edges or platforms to get onto. I figure this is what you like if your favorite class is Marksman or Warden, aka bull**** boring MLG style play.

Give me plain TS, AR/Pistol starts, optional loadouts on The Cage 24/7!! I want to have FUN!

And who gives a **** about color schemes???

And while at it. Can someone explain the rationals behind having Slayer Pro (MLG style slayer), and Slayer DMRs (very similar to MLG style slayer) in the TS playlist?? MLgG has a playlist of their OWN. Go there if you like the play style that much. Getting these type of matches all the time pisses me off! And what's the idea behind Slayer DMRs??? Just pick up any carbine in the regular slayer ffs! Why force the entire lobby to use the DMR in the first place!???? I don't get it sorry. Sometimes you wonder about the Einstein's thinking this **** up. Elite Slayer as an option is valid though .

In case you've missed it, I'm talking Reach 100% here :) that's what I play.