should top 3 in ffa all get a victory?

Torint

top 3 get victory in ffa  

8 members have voted

1. 1. multiple victors in ffa

Yes! At least make it the top two. This is more or less what keeps me from playing Regicide. I enjoy the quick lead changes in Regicide, but there's nothing worse than being in first place and you are dominating, only to have someone steal your king kill and get another one to go ahead and take the lead. Not only do you not get as much XP, but you get a loss as far as your Win/Loss ratio goes, and that can be very frustrating.

There's a lot of different factors at play in FFA, making it hard to declare someone the best of the bunch. I think in Halo 3 they treated something like the top 33% as victors, I don't know the number for sure, but I remember people could rank up after finishing 2nd or something.

I remember at first feeling sort of cheated actually that I could level up without winning, but the better you understand FFA the more you forgive stuff like that. There's more luck involved in FFA than there is in a team game, not everyone can spawn equally close to a power weapon, and often you run around the map looking for kills but the main fighting just keeps escaping you. I've had many experiences in FFA where I was playing very well and didn't finish close to 1st because the match just didn't end up playing my way. Other times I felt like I was playing like an idiot and would get 1st.

It's not an easy balance to strike, but I think over enough games Trueskill sorts people out pretty well. Eventually in Halo 3 Lone Wolves I faced people who were good at getting kills one way or another. You'd see tools of destruction ranging from AR to melee to BR to a random power weapon, the lesson was you do what you have to to win and accept that sometimes the win wasn't yours to have anyway.

In a 6-player FFA each player makes up something like 16.16% of the total players on the field. Anyone who thinks an individual who is THAT small a portion of the total players deserves to win consistently is mistaken. You play many games and even the absolute best players lose some. That's how it should be. So finishing 2nd usually isn't the same as finishing 6th, and it's not the same level of "you lose."

• Like 1