Editable player traits by loadout would be cool

wookieeassassin

I am thinking this could be used in matchmaking and definitely used in custom games: base player traits can be changed currently pretty easily. However, it would be cool if you could change a player's traits (movement speed, etc.) based off of what predefined class they are using. So, for example, you could have a scout class that moved at 150% speed but only had automatic weapons. On the other hand you could have a player with a SAW (damage reduced some in options) and have them move 90% normal speed, but give them 125% shields.

This would be great for custom games but I can really see this shone in matchmaking. A game mode could disable player loadouts and offer predefined classes with damage, speed, etc. modifiers and it would make for some interesting games. Another option that would be cool to add is the ability to make certain classes not show up on radar. For example, an assassin class could have 75% health and an automatic rifle, sticky grenades and the stealth perk for fast assassinations.

What does everyone think?

I'm thinking it would be awesome to be able to have a gametype/playlist with wildly different classes. You could have some sort of class-based game mode like team fortress 2 or something haha. It would be really interesting to see a bunch of different Spartans running around with different health, weapons and movement speed. You could disable weapon pickup so people can't take the weapons that the other classes use. Imagine someone running around at 250% speed with a suppressor or a storm rifle while another player is trying to connect with the gravity hammer haha

I've actually been thinkin about something similar since like a week after starting. create classes of sorts, give each one power weapons (just cause they're fun to use), maybe give everyone overshields, and go at it. I think for it to be great it would need it's own level(s)