Screwed out of 14 day trial

PocketKittens

I recently bought halo 4 knowing that my xbox live gold was running out soon and that the 14 day trial could help me get through my winter break seeing as I wouldn't need it after break. I entered the code and it put the code onto my account but when I tried to play online it said I needed a valid live account. Apparently it took my code but doesn't work for accounts that have already been gold. It doesn't say this anywhere on the code (besides that it won't work for family packs) and now I can't use it to make a new account because the code has been redeemed.

I talked with live support over the phone and they just told me I was out of luck and there was absolutely nothing they could do. I am not going to lie, I am a bit upset with this (mainly because I've had very bad experiences with xbox support in the past as well) Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do? Is there a way I can talk with 343 support specifically because Microsoft's is worthless? I really appreciate any help.

14 day gold trials, are Microsoft / Xbox not 343, unfortunately xbox support should help, its nothing to do with 343,

Had the same problem with Halo Reach the live code I got with that didnt work, took a lot of arguements with xbox support to finally get them to accept it was there fault.

try speaking to xbox support on twitter, ive always found them more helpful

twitter: @xboxsupport