new map pack ideas

ItsMrDeath2You

Halo is a cash cow! with that being said, Halo C.E.A. dose not come out untill the end of this year, and is going to have multiplayer system based off of reach. Halo 4 dose not come out untill the end of next year. so i don't think these games will make to big a dent in the reach population for a while, and it is safe to say that there will probably be another map pack.

even though forge mode is a huge improvment over it's h3 version, it's still has some flaws wich make remaking some maps accuratly really hard. proportions of a bridge might not be the same or maybe there is a tree sticking up right were your trying to build.

there for i propose that if 343i puts out a new map pack, it should be remakes of classic halo maps that are impossible to remake. Valhala from h3, Construct from h3, and Zanzibar from H2, would be my picks. also when bungie put out the last map pack they said they wanted to add more then just the three maps, so they add a firefight map. i suggest that this time instead 343i adds on to the armory with the map pack.

the morning the pack comes out everyone has to update reach, then everyone can see the new armor locked. they will have to buy the map pack and fullfill the requerments (such as be a sertain rank) in order to unlock them.

so over all i propose a new map pack featuring Valhala, Construct, and Zanzibar. with an addition to the armory of the hybusa, rouge, and scout helmets from h3 and a new red visor color (why not blue team can have a blue visor).

I think we might see a map pack update of more revamped maps in the spring of next year.

They will let the 6 new maps and new firefight map stand for a while before they add more.

I am not sure how they will do the title update and if it will only effect MM or all online gameplay. I have some custom maps for instance that it is necessary that you have the old Armor lock. they are just mini games but I really don't want them to be effected by the title update.

343i has much better tools than the communtiy(the forge is weak sauce)to make new maps, and the community gets board of sword base twelve times in a row. finaly the six new maps are in their own play list, not in the reg slayer. so why not intigrate the six maps in to all playlists, and then come out with some pretty new mm maps that were not made with the forge. Please!

I would love to see Construst, Guardian, maybe even alhalla, but honestly, I don't know how they would do it. Things are different from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach, the walking speed, the jump height. This effects how the map is built and made, in Guardian, the jump from top mid to snipe 3, you wouldn't be able to do that jump in Halo Reach settings.

That being said, I would love new maps, like very soon. I didn't buy the latest map pack, mainly because I felt like I was being cheated, being scammed out of my money, because IMO they shouldn't have put a firefight map in there. The map pack is mainly 2 maps. They should reduce the cost in this map pack.

In future maps, I think they need to look at campaign, and make maps designed from there. I think it would make the game more together.

Im not sure when or what they will decide to do between CEA and H4 but it will be something. IT seems like they release a new map pack every few months. Thats why I think we will see another round of maps get released in the spring.

yeah there spiting them out quiker than halo 2 or h3 but they wont do any more releases than halo 3 the ppl dont want them thats 4 sure both bungie & 343 industries knows that much.

we need bigger maps or @ least 1 for good ole time sake also they need 2 make the new dlc & old a part of playlist like team slayer and liveing dead why not? these are the playlist that ppl are playing here these guys can draw n more players with the game they have now if they just make some minor tweeks

i am actually happy with the forge versions of The Pit, Sand Trap and Guardian!, but others i am not happy with for the vary reason that was stated above the jumps are off because the proportions are off between the two. which is why they are annoying to copy with the forge but i think that 343 with their know how and tools could produce better mock ups in which travel was the same for both versions of the map. example1: lockout. you cant jump from the top of the br tower to the lower level between sword spawn and center bottom in the reach version because the walkway your suppost to land on is directly below midlevel center instead of off to its side. example2: elongation, in the reach remake there is no working convayor belt and the crates are of a different proportion so jumping from the bottom to the top becomes vary difficult, also in the old version the moving crates could be really good corver, stationary ones are not guite as good for cover, it makes you likly to get grenaded.

i want to point out i did not care for the first map pack!, and was not going to buy the second. however im in a competition with a friend to see who can get the most gamerpoints in least amount of time.inother words were competing to see who is the biggest geek. so far i have fewer points but far lesstime spent as well, but my halo addction dose not help. that why i want a mappack to mix up game play abit and get more achievments. I did like the mm maps from the second map pack!

343i has much better tools than the communtiy(the forge is weak sauce)to make new maps, and the community gets board of sword base twelve times in a row. finaly the six new maps are in their own play list, not in the reg slayer. so why not intigrate the six maps in to all playlists, and then come out with some pretty new mm maps that were not made with the forge. Please!

i like that ideal very much its about time u can play those new maps n team slayer and liveing dead i mean why not? i used 2 give halo lots of credit cause they didnt do that n the past but now there just like every other fps game with dlc and put it n there own playlist