2.b. The bolt shot

2.c. The carbine

3. Mechanic issues and general gameplay

3.a instant respawns

3.b sprinting

3.c. spawning

3.d. sniping

Note *if this is in the wrong section please move it*

Note *Please remember that I know some of the stuff I suggest will take allot to change but i feel that these changes are necessary for the stability of the game*

Note *please also note that the problems that I bring up are based on my own findings and you are more then welcome to debate anything you feel is an error or inquire about something you do not understand*

Note *Also feel free to comment with your issues and something to support why it is an issue and i will add it*

REMOVED THIS COMMENT BECAUSE PEOPLE GET MAD WHEN YOU MAKE A JOKE, I WANT PEOPLE TO DISCUS THE ISSUES NOT RAGE ABOUT THE FIRST SENTENCE.

Problems:

1. experience Issues

1.a. EXP Cap - Now I do not understand why there is an exp cap in the slightest, When i am playing a game I want to be rewarded when i do amazing. In halo 4, 7 kills/4 assists/3 deaths = 30 kills/2 assists/9 deaths (in exp). There is something fundamentalism wrong with this.

Fix: Remove the exp cap.

1.b. Spartan Ops exp - Plain and simple i get more exp playing something that requires no skill then i do in something that takes some skill. i.e, 1 game of spartan ops 5696 exp, 1 game of MM 2866 exp. Again this needs to be fixed.

Fix: this again remove the exp cap on MM but keep it on spartan ops.

2. Weapon Issues (load out weapons)

2.a. DMR vs BR - The DMR beats the BR at any range, a buddy of mine and I performed numerous tests on this subject to find a saving grace in the BR and we've failed. The DMR being a mid and long range weapon can kill someone in 5 shots to the head. It takes the BR a mid range weapon the same 5 shots but you also have to hit them with the full burst. This is a fundamental problem that needs to be addressed. Note *adjust the light rifle accordingly*

Fix: either a) removing the DMR from the game completely or B) Leave the DMR a 5 shot head shot kill and the BR back down to 4 shots (hitting with the full burst) this solution dose not fix the long range aspect but dose make the BR superior at mid range, as it was designed to be..

2.b. The Bolt shot - This weapon is a 1 shot kill when charged and is better then the shot gun when used correctly, this would not be an issue if you did not spawn with the 1 hit kill weapon from death. Spawning with this weapon promotes camping around corners and that is NOT what halo was about.

Fix: a) remove the blot shot (this is not the favorable option). B) make the weapon a primary random spawn weapon.

c) Reduce the damaged of the charged **** to only kill you if your shields are below half (favorable option)

2.c. The carbine- This weapon is also under powered compared to its UNSC counterpart, this weapon takes 8 head shots to kill someone. I preformed the same tests as I did in part a and the results were always the same the DMR won 10/10 times without fail and the carbine requiring at least 2 more shots to kill.

Fix: Make the carbine 7 shots in the head to kill so it will be on par with the 5 shot DMR and still be useful against the 4 shot BR in a longer mid range fight.

3.a. Instant Respawns - Instant respawns never had a place in halo and never will. To put it strait when I kill someone I should be able to recover from our fight before confronting him again. This is not the case, When you die you rapidly hit the x button and sprint back to get the last head shot. This ruins the game, and also promotes camping witch again is not what halo is or ever was about.

Fix: increase respawn time of all game modes to a mandatory 5-7 seconds depending on the mode.

3.b. Sprinting - [retracted - i was thinking about the map size and not being able to sprint would be horrendous]

3.c. Spawning - I don't know if I am correct about this one, but it seems to me that in Halo 4 most or all game modes have it so you are spawning on the closest spawn to your team mates. Now if this is true this needs to be fixed ASAP because if you spawn on your team mate and he is being (for the lack of a better word) **** on and you spawn next to him and promptly die.

If I am wrong the problem still stands that I should not be spawning in the middle of the map.

Fix: Change spawning to static team spawns (obviously switching spawn sides if the enemy gets close) or in the other case, move the spawn points so your not spawning in the middle of the fight.

3.d. Sniping - This point brought up by chodestep, Not a really big issue but I agree it dose make sniping a Little easier and much harder to actually kill the sniper.

Fix: Change so that you are popped out of scoped view if you are hit.

Note * Anything that needs to be changed or added will be added when i think of more things to add, or someone comments with something I can add*

I think Sprint off the spawn was a great idea. Why is it bad?

The sprint is not completely all bad in a sense as long as you don't spawn with it it should be an armor ability like reach in order to balance the game and someone not just sprinting at you to get the final head shot they missed in your last fight. Also putting it as an ability will make it so that you have to give up another perk in order to do this.

As for instant spawning, this is completely wrong in a game like halo and most veterans will tell you the same, like i said in halo you should be able to recover from the fight you had with the person before they come back at you to get that last head shot.

Sprinting is a good thing because in reach everyone just picked sprint as their ability, and why should Spartans, who are apparently the most in shape people the UNSC has, not be able to sprint? To me it sounds like you play this game way too much and are way to concerned about little things. If you're getting killed by the boltshot so much why don't you use a magum or your primary and kill them before they get in range? And if you're this concerned about the game then just don't play it anymore, nobody's stopping you.

Sprinting is a good thing because in reach everyone just picked sprint as their ability, and why should Spartans, who are apparently the most in shape people the UNSC has, not be able to sprint? To me it sounds like you play this game way too much and are way to concerned about little things. If you're getting killed by the boltshot so much why don't you use a magum or your primary and kill them before they get in range? And if you're this concerned about the game then just don't play it anymore, nobody's stopping you.

I am going to adress two things you stated because the rest is just anger when all I want is a discussion.

Like I said, sprinting is not a big issue. I liked it as an armor ability but it doesn't bother me much. In fact thinking more into it the maps are really big in halo 4 so sprinting seems important so I will give you that point.

The next thing i will address is telling me I play this game too much, actually i don't play halo 4 all too much but I am in love with the halo franchise and i am just stating some problems I see that can make the game better.

this

I can't figure out where to post this, but this seems to fall into my category slightly. I'm more than pissed that I payed $62 to play a game that a.) doesn't reward you for time spent (exp cap)[especially when it is super time consuming to put a dent in all the Specializations, Spec Ops, etc.], or the random exp bans (which I have now gone 4 days without exp gained in anything, though my friends account on the same xbox still gains exp). This is a joke. A slow server with all the people playing is understandable, but not when the fundamentals of the game itself are screwed up. Anyone know where I can rage about this random exp ban I apparently have? I'm honestly playing NCAA Football 2011 over Halo 4 right now because I'm so fed up with this mess. And 343 obviously doesn't want anyone knowing how to contact them besides these useless forums that will probably give me no help, because I, the consumer, do not matter to large industries apparently. Anyway...

To the original statements, the boltshot is amazing. Yes, it does seem to have a little to long of a range at times, but it is perfect to have for those campers who crouch with swords/shotguns/sticky detonators/etc. I believe the bolt shot is the counter to all the crouching that has gone on since I began playing ranked in Halo 4. 50's even crouched around, afraid they may get destroyed if they don't crouch. Halo 4 has a better team aspect, as you can sprint to help your team, as well as sprinting away from these crouches you hate so much. My advice to you, because no matter what they do, there will always be crouchers (EVEN WITH INVIS!!!). Fortunately, you have the option of the bolt shot and promethean vision. Use that, and you will no longer complain about randoms hiding around for games on end. That's what I did, and now bad team shooting from randoms is my main problem.

The DMR is OP. It's the first weapon I used in a load out because I wanted to try it, and had no problem mastering it. The BR seemed like it took more getting used to, but you have to play differently with BR in hand, possibly for some of the reasons you stated.

• 2 weeks later...

1.a. EXP Cap - Now I do not understand why there is an exp cap in the slightest, When i am playing a game I want to be rewarded when i do amazing. In halo 4, 7 kills/4 assists/3 deaths = 30 kills/2 assists/9 deaths (in exp). There is something fundamentalism wrong with this.

Agreed: never understood how exp was calculated and seems even less apparent now

1.b. Spartan Ops exp - Plain and simple i get more exp playing something that requires no skill then i do in something that takes some skill. i.e, 1 game of spartan ops 5696 exp, 1 game of MM 2866 exp. Again this needs to be fixed.

Agreed. I can play a Spartan Ops episode in 6 minutes and get triple or better exp from doing nothing than I can from completing a solo episode that was a great deal more challenging.

Exp is not linked to quality play but a preferred game. That makes no sense.

Solo episode completion should be worth more points - or Spartan Ops worth less.

3.a. Instant Respawns - Instant respawns never had a place in halo and never will. To put it strait when I kill someone I should be able to recover from our fight before confronting him again. This is not the case, When you die you rapidly hit the x button and sprint back to get the last head shot. This ruins the game, and also promotes camping witch again is not what halo is or ever was about.

Fix: increase respawn time of all game modes to a mandatory 5-7 seconds depending on the mode.

Agreed: found myself getting annoyed and doing exactly as you described.. do as much damage quickly as you can, die, respawn, finish the job. Was this intentional?

Additional complaints:

1) Weapons caches... I have to adjust my position in relation to the weapons in order for them options to adjust, they are touchy to a fault. Its not cool getting killed trying to adjust one's spot ever so slightly to pick up the preferred weapon. The controller function here seems unfairly stiff.

2) Graphics... should I really be seeing polygon lines? Should solid objects really become transparent wire forms?

3) Controller... seems much more sluggish than previous offerings. Is this intentional in order to offer the "dexterity" loadout upgrade?

sniping in halo 4 is harder than its ever been with the exception of the binary rifle which is rare anyway and i almost always lose to the br at close range so if ur in close the br is better the br is also WAY better in swat then the dmr so i think it is relatively balanced although maybe the carbine could use a boost

My complaint's about Halo 4 in general

Contents:

1. Experience issues

1.a. EXP cap

1.b. spartan ops EXP

2. Weapon issues (load out weapons)

2.a. DMR Vs BR

2.b. The bolt shot

2.c. The carbine

3.a instant respawns

3.b sprinting

3.c. spawning

3.d. sniping

Note *if this is in the wrong section please move it*

Note *Please remember that I know some of the stuff I suggest will take allot to change but i feel that these changes are necessary for the stability of the game*

Note *please also note that the problems that I bring up are based on my own findings and you are more then welcome to debate anything you feel is an error or inquire about something you do not understand*

Note *Also feel free to comment with your issues and something to support why it is an issue and i will add it*

REMOVED THIS COMMENT BECAUSE PEOPLE GET MAD WHEN YOU MAKE A JOKE, I WANT PEOPLE TO DISCUS THE ISSUES NOT RAGE ABOUT THE FIRST SENTENCE.

Problems:

1. experience Issues

Fix: Remove the exp cap.

There should always be EXP caps. This is prevent people who have no lives and play 14-18 hours a day from Out pacing those of us who have jobs and families by to far. They will always out pace us, but I want a little bit of a chance to equal them.

Have not played Spartan ops yet. I am looking forward to them. I mainly want the EXP for the armor.

2. Weapon Issues (load out weapons)

2.a. DMR vs BR - The DMR beats the BR at any range, a buddy of mine and I performed numerous tests on this subject to find a saving grace in the BR and we've failed. The DMR being a mid and long range weapon can kill someone in 5 shots to the head. It takes the BR a mid range weapon the same 5 shots but you also have to hit them with the full burst. This is a fundamental problem that needs to be addressed. Note *adjust the light rifle accordingly*

Fix: either a) removing the DMR from the game completely or B) Leave the DMR a 5 shot head shot kill and the BR back down to 4 shots (hitting with the full burst) this solution dose not fix the long range aspect but dose make the BR superior at mid range, as it was designed to be..

There are different guns in the game. Learn to use them and over come seemingly OP guns. This is a basic L2P better. The rifles at their Intended range and use are excelent. The DMR is a weak Snipe weapon and should be used as such. The BR is a up close weapon to medium range weapon and should be used as such. If people choose to mis-use a weapon and it works for their play style, who cares...

2.b. The Bolt shot - This weapon is a 1 shot kill when charged and is better then the shot gun when used correctly, this would not be an issue if you did not spawn with the 1 hit kill weapon from death. Spawning with this weapon promotes camping around corners and that is NOT what halo was about.

Fix: a) remove the blot shot (this is not the favorable option). B) make the weapon a primary random spawn weapon.

c) Reduce the damaged of the charged **** to only kill you if your shields are below half (favorable option)

So does the plasma pistol and it has more ammo...

2.c. The carbine- This weapon is also under powered compared to its UNSC counterpart, this weapon takes 8 head shots to kill someone. I preformed the same tests as I did in part a and the results were always the same the DMR won 10/10 times without fail and the carbine requiring at least 2 more shots to kill.

Fix: Make the carbine 7 shots in the head to kill so it will be on par with the 5 shot DMR and still be useful against the 4 shot BR in a longer mid range fight.

I agree with this, but only from a campaign side. I have yet to use it in war games, and probably won't.

I love being able to get back in the game right away. I hate waiting when i get killed. Especially when i have a chance to get back at the player who just got me. But that player has the chance to **** me over again... So I see no problem with this at all.

3.b. Sprinting - [retracted - i was thinking about the map size and not being able to sprint would be horrendous]

Sprinting is good and you should feel bad about saying anything against it.

3.c. Spawning - I don't know if I am correct about this one, but it seems to me that in Halo 4 most or all game modes have it so you are spawning on the closest spawn to your team mates. Now if this is true this needs to be fixed ASAP because if you spawn on your team mate and he is being (for the lack of a better word) **** on and you spawn next to him and promptly die.

If I am wrong the problem still stands that I should not be spawning in the middle of the map.

Fix: Change spawning to static team spawns (obviously switching spawn sides if the enemy gets close) or in the other case, move the spawn points so your not spawning in the middle of the fight.

There should never been fixed spawn points EVER. this cause spawn camping which is much worse then what your are discribing. Random or spawning close to your team mates is a good thing. Always will be a good thing.

3.d. Sniping - This point brought up by chodestep, Not a really big issue but I agree it dose make sniping a Little easier and much harder to actually kill the sniper.

Fix: Change so that you are popped out of scoped view if you are hit.

I have no opinion on this until I get high enough level to have a snipe load out.

Note * Anything that needs to be changed or added will be added when i think of more things to add, or someone comments with something I can add*

Response in Italic red.

Agreed: never understood how exp was calculated and seems even less apparent now

Agreed. I can play a Spartan Ops episode in 6 minutes and get triple or better exp from doing nothing than I can from completing a solo episode that was a great deal more challenging.

Exp is not linked to quality play but a preferred game. That makes no sense.

Solo episode completion should be worth more points - or Spartan Ops worth less.

Agreed: found myself getting annoyed and doing exactly as you described.. do as much damage quickly as you can, die, respawn, finish the job. Was this intentional?

Additional complaints:

1) Weapons caches... I have to adjust my position in relation to the weapons in order for them options to adjust, they are touchy to a fault. Its not cool getting killed trying to adjust one's spot ever so slightly to pick up the preferred weapon. The controller function here seems unfairly stiff.

Halo has always been like this...

2) Graphics... should I really be seeing polygon lines? Should solid objects really become transparent wire forms?

Halo 4 is the best, cleanest looking FPS out there. Your second part makes no sense. The only time I have seen this is with the hologram armor mod. And is supposed to be that way...

3) Controller... seems much more sluggish than previous offerings. Is this intentional in order to offer the "dexterity" loadout upgrade?

You might want to check the batteries in your controler because my stuff seems to be to fast sometimes...

Italic red in response.