My problem with shield regen delay....

EvoSigma

I really want to enjoy this game but there are some aspects that truely make me wonder why I bother playing sometimes. One of the biggest issues I have is the upped shield regen delay. I loved h3 and reach's multiplayer (although they were very different in some aspects) but h4 has proven to have the longest shield regen delay out there to date in the halo franchise.

It just doesn't make sense to me in some aspects as they've added new features to the game that ups the speed of the gameplay in general.

1) Sprint.... Now that it's universal with all loadouts and gamemodes, it speeds up all gameplay drastically... It simply speeds up combat allowing your enemies and yourself to close the gap faster meaning valuable seconds that could mean life and death. Far too often do I end up killing an enemy to only have him spawn, very close to me without giving me a chance for my shields to regen. Of course, skill may be a large factor but the difference in shielding heavilly weighs the odds in favor of the person with more shielding.

2) Spawns... With the introduction of instant spawn, or very fast spawn times, an enemy can easilly spawn in and simply catch up to his last location to finish you off. Of course, this may not be applicable in huge maps and BTB but it influences the number of enemies on the map that could fire off a shot and end your life right before your shielding can regens.

3) This makes prolonged life in any FFA mode much more difficult. To have an entire enemy team on the map trying to kill you is pretty tough but at least you have your team (no matter how incompetent they may be). In FFA everyone is out for your head and having regicide as the only option for FFA (which I presonally love in any FPS) it makes it almost impossible to have sustained killing sprees. Being the king has no benefits... I don't care if it gives me an OS in 30 seconds because I'll be a corpse by then with a dam waypoing that will constantly float over my head. When I spawn, I already get tagged with grenades flying towards my general direction....

I understand 343 is new to the game but I really have to judge some of the decisions they made in the multiplayer aspects. They are new to the game and I'll give them leniency but they either made multiple gameplay oversights or they simply ignored it. Please... Consider including this in a future TU. I don't want shield regen delay to be something crazy like .5 seconds but please consider toning it down to reach or halo 3 levels.

P.S: I understand the tactical/support (not sure which one it is) that is the shielding upgrade but I usually get shot in the face before I can get my shielding to even start regenerating. There are also much better options out there in terms of tactical/support perks.

If you made it this far, then you have more patience than the standard person and I commend you for reading this wall of text.

Well to deal with the shielding use the shielding perk, that's what I use.

Yes, I realize that is a viable option but my issue is that enemies that I usually kill end up finding me before my shields can even start charging. Also, I'm not too familiar with the shield gate effects with this game so I can't say I would entirely trust the shielding perk.

Pretty much what was posted. The Shield perk is aweful. The only time it would actually make a difference at all is if you would have been shot in the one second (Literally, I think it's one second) that your shields actually begin to recharge. Otherwise, it's literally doing nothing for you.

I heard a rumor that the regen speed applies when regened by a regen field. (Woah, three regens in one sentence). This is not true. I tested it. It does not assist in this.

I was pretty shocked to find how pointless this perk is.

Although, in regards to the OP, I really don't have an issue with the longer regen time. And I have plenty of good Regicide games as King. But oh well.