Why is there no Flood sighns in HALO IV?

PublicAlliance

Exactly. Their original (and thus far only intent) intent was purely to eradicate the Forerunners who were deemed unworthy by the Precursors of carrying the Mantle. Mankind, on the other hand will eventually be tested by the full fury of the Flood and that fury, in my opinion, will be ravenous in estimation to what we have previously seen by the parasite.

Incorrect. While it may be true that the Flood was manufactured by the Precursors as their revenge on their "children" race, the Forerunners. The Flood's intent was not their eradication. The Flood's only intent is to consume until nothing is left before moving on to the next populated area. To support this, the Forerunner did not know the Flood even existed until after they punished the Ancient Humans for their apparent unprovoked aggression towards peaceful worlds.

THERE NOT IN HALO 4 because the sheild worlds ar like mini instilations and they were built to protect the foruners from the halo but if flood got near them sheild worlds all have Prometheans on them the Prometheans would engage.

The shield worlds were an alternative program to the Halo Array, proposed by the Ur-Didact(maybe the Bornstellar-Didact, I forget which). They were later integrated into the Halo Array as bunkers that would protect the remaining Forerunner from the destruction the Halo's would unleash. And Requiem is the only shield world that has Prometheans present as they were exiled to the shield world along with the Ur-Didact for his acts of Composing a large number of Ancient Humans.

If we look at the first contact with the flood as we know it, it was the ancient humans who spotted a ship of unkown orgin on the edge of our galaxy. The ship contained loads and loads of containers full of spores, which seemed harmless. As the humans were experimenting with the spores some escaped and spread through the planet. Soon the whole planet would be flood infected, and slowly the flood would take over more human planets.

The humans fled in fear and took over new planets, which already contained life, to survive. This was unaccaptable for the forerunners and so the human-forerunner war started. The forerunners came out victorious unknowingly why the humans were so desperate.

When they found out why the humans were afraid, they built the installations to spare some time to come up with a cure against the flood. Too bad no cure was found in time and they had to activate the installations to save the galaxy, sacrificeing them selfs in the process. Though some flood spores were saved for futher studies.

These spores which were saved for further studies are the ones we were fighting against in halo 1-3, even though we might have succeded to kill all remaining flood spores in our galaxy. I still belive we will have to fight them again at some point. "a ship of unkown orgin" from where did they originally come from? Will they seek vengeance?

While the Ancient Humans were experimenting with the Powder they found on the ship, it didn't escape. They willingly fed it to their favorite livestock to bring out more pleasurable traits. The Ancient san'shyum also did this. Eventually strange growths appeared on the animals as the Powder kept mutating the animals. The livestock would begin to consume each other and the mutations became more extreme with each passing day. And then it spread to the Ancient Humans and san'shyum. Becoming Proto versions of the Flood we know today. The Ancient Humans did everything in their power to halt the spread the Infestation. Even if it meant destroying entire worlds. Without knowing the reasons the Forerunner thought the Ancient Humans were becoming aggressive without cause and set out to stop them. The Ancient Humans were now fighting a war on two fronts. Victory seemed impossible. Until they discovered a way to finally overcome the Infestation. It was a bittersweet accomplishment as it took a large toll on the Ancient Human population and even though they drove the Flood out of the Galaxy; they were no longer able to defend against the Forerunners. Around fifty-thousand years later the Flood returns begins it's assault on the Forerunners. Not knowing how the Ancient Humans drove them off the first time, they were severely disadvantaged which would lead to them almost losing entirely. But as we know they managed to stop the spreading of the Flood with the Halo Array at a great cost.

Current UNSC has a clear advantage to the Forerunners though in that we are well aware of the Flood and will not overlook them as the Forerunners did. That being said, I stick by my previous statement in this thread. We (UNSC/Humans) haven't even came close, not even close to seeing the full verocity of the Flood. They (The Flood) had one focus and one focus is all during the Ancient Humanity times and that was to obliterate the Forerunners. If we faced that verocity in our current technological status we would be overrun with ease by the Flood..

It wasn't their fault for overlooking the Flood the very first time, as the Ancient Humans just did not have time to warn them or give a reason to their destroying planets. If they had they wouldn't have been able to keep up with the initial Infestation. And again, the intent of the initial Infestation was not to solely eradicate the Forerunners. It was to consume. As is the intent of all manifestations of the Flood. At it's base level the Flood is a very basic lifeform. A parasite. It has no mind of it's own until a Gravemind is formed. If their intent was the eradication of the Forerunners, they would have not fought against only the Ancient Humans. It is also safe to say we did face the full ferocity of the Flood. The Gravemind was very adamant about stopping the activation of the Lesser-Ark. so much so that he brought the entirety of his Flood force to that Installation. And yet, Humanity came out on top.

• Like 1

Incorrect. While it may be true that the Flood was manufactured by the Precursors as their revenge on their "children" race, the Forerunners. The Flood's intent was not their eradication. The Flood's only intent is to consume until nothing is left before moving on to the next populated area. To support this, the Forerunner did not know the Flood even existed until after they punished the Ancient Humans for their apparent unprovoked aggression towards peaceful worlds.

The shield worlds were an alternative program to the Halo Array, proposed by the Ur-Didact(maybe the Bornstellar-Didact, I forget which). They were later integrated into the Halo Array as bunkers that would protect the remaining Forerunner from the destruction the Halo's would unleash. And Requiem is the only shield world that has Prometheans present as they were exiled to the shield world along with the Ur-Didact for his acts of Composing a large number of Ancient Humans.

While the Ancient Humans were experimenting with the Powder they found on the ship, it didn't escape. They willingly fed it to their favorite livestock to bring out more pleasurable traits. The Ancient san'shyum also did this. Eventually strange growths appeared on the animals as the Powder kept mutating the animals. The livestock would begin to consume each other and the mutations became more extreme with each passing day. And then it spread to the Ancient Humans and san'shyum. Becoming Proto versions of the Flood we know today. The Ancient Humans did everything in their power to halt the spread the Infestation. Even if it meant destroying entire worlds. Without knowing the reasons the Forerunner thought the Ancient Humans were becoming aggressive without cause and set out to stop them. The Ancient Humans were now fighting a war on two fronts. Victory seemed impossible. Until they discovered a way to finally overcome the Infestation. It was a bittersweet accomplishment as it took a large toll on the Ancient Human population and even though they drove the Flood out of the Galaxy; they were no longer able to defend against the Forerunners. Around fifty-thousand years later the Flood returns begins it's assault on the Forerunners. Not knowing how the Ancient Humans drove them off the first time, they were severely disadvantaged which would lead to them almost losing entirely. But as we know they managed to stop the spreading of the Flood with the Halo Array at a great cost.

It wasn't their fault for overlooking the Flood the very first time, as the Ancient Humans just did not have time to warn them or give a reason to their destroying planets. If they had they wouldn't have been able to keep up with the initial Infestation. And again, the intent of the initial Infestation was not to solely eradicate the Forerunners. It was to consume. As is the intent of all manifestations of the Flood. At it's base level the Flood is a very basic lifeform. A parasite. It has no mind of it's own until a Gravemind is formed. If their intent was the eradication of the Forerunners, they would have not fought against only the Ancient Humans. It is also safe to say we did face the full ferocity of the Flood. The Gravemind was very adamant about stopping the activation of the Lesser-Ark. so much so that he brought the entirety of his Flood force to that Installation. And yet, Humanity came out on top.

The past generations of both the humans and the Forunners had underestimated the flood until they began to be overwhelmed. In the Halo 1 -3 they overwhelmed the flood before they were able to overwhelm them; which hasn't been done before within this galaxy. Since this happened, we have almost secured the eventual defeat of the flood by humanity. - The thing that the ancient humans used to defeat the flood were flood infected humans(comprising 1/3rd of the human population) with changed DNA structures. The structure changed caused the flood infected humans to fight other flood, causing mass corruption of the flood infestation. - It is a fact that the flood was not defeated by doing this. The flood backed off because the humans had passed the test to attain the mantle.
  • Like 1

I was never a big fan of the Flood as enemies, but I know they will be back. I was happy not to fight them in ODST, Reach and 4. I am almost done with the second Forerunner book and I will be getting the third. Just from reading them I expect to see the Flood in Halo 5 and if so 6 as well.

Nice read from everyone who posted in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

The entirety of the Flood force that the Gravemind brought to the Ark was nothing in comparison to what the Forerunners had to deal with. If Humanity dealt with that type of outbreak and a renegade AI to boot it would be demolished.

The Master Builder shows a star map to the Librarian in one of the cinematics and the Flood, literally, held the majority of known space. If that type of outbreak were to occur again (with humanities current tech) the only option would probably be setting off the Halo's again to stop it.

I stick by my original post in that we haven't even come close to seeing a severe outbreak as of yet. We have dealt with pockets but a true galaxy wide outbreak would be catastrophic.

You know what would be real sick..... Have the Flood return with a really sick and twisted Gravemind. Have the Gravemind send juggernaut variant Flood Combatvforms after Spartans. Then once the Spartans are near defeatx have the floof consume them...but not enough to completely transform them. Just enough to where the flood take over all motor control but leave them perfctly aware of what the flood are doing with their bodies, and have them receive all the pain.

Could you imagine the chaos and total mind **** that would play on friendly Spartans and UNSC? Having to kill your commrade....but he/she is aware begging for life while the flood uses the body to attack....epic twisted fun!!!!

This reminds me of Halo 3 where those spores chase down that marine and infect him right in front of you. Or if you're quick enough you can pop them all and have him fight next to you until he dies? Yeah I'd always plow him with a few shotgun slugs to the dome piece. No trial no quarter. Didn't bother me too much. I think of Michael Ironsides in Starship Troopers. "I'd expect any of you to do the SAME for me!!!" Lol.

I know why. Because Halo 4 is placed after Halo 3, in Halo 3 the halo array fired and eliminated the flood and other livings but the master chief, arbiter and cortana escaped. That is why the flood arent in halo 4 however i would of wanted the flood in halo 4 but it would kind of mess up the halo trilogy.

:shok:

Hey harbinger if there was the flood in halo 4 it would mess up the halo trilogy because the flood were eliminated in halo 3.

I know why. Because Halo 4 is placed after Halo 3, in Halo 3 the halo array fired and eliminated the flood and other livings but the master chief, arbiter and cortana escaped. That is why the flood arent in halo 4 however i would of wanted the flood in halo 4 but it would kind of mess up the halo trilogy.

Hey harbinger if there was the flood in halo 4 it would mess up the halo trilogy because the flood were eliminated in halo 3.

The Flood were not eliminated in Halo 3......

There are other installations with samples that could easily start the infection again...

Also, the Halo array never didn't "fire" in Halo 3 and wipe out the Flood and "other living things", what game did you play? If the Halo array actually fired there would be no Halo 4....