Halo Fest (Official Trailer)

Donut

I'm curious though. Is there anyone else besides me that finds it hard to swallow that a company created in 07, has nothing big to show us after 4 years besides a preview of Halo 4, Halo Waypoint and a CE remake. To be honest I tend to believe that by the end of PAX we might see a few surprises from 343 regarding other title developments. Going by previous developer time lines on games and trailers, there is a good solid year and half gap that the team had nothing reported going on. Couple that with stiff lip rumor squashing about partnering with other studios on ports and the whole team's history and development time just doesn't hold water.

For one, I will be patiently awaiting some news for us avid PC gamers. It's about time we got another round of Halo goodness!

For those that need a review of 343 projects here it is...

2007 - 343 Industries is officially launched. Obviously prior to this the studio had employees, just not enough to announce an official studio. because said studio is an extension of MSG, the 2 work closely together although

it is never directly said or confirmed.

2009 - 343 Launches Halo Waypoint. A general Halo Hub. This is nothing more than a beefed up ASPI.net website that uses Bungie developed Halo API's to regulate and collect game data. No major development in such

a project is needed.

2011 - 343 launches 2 map packs for Halo Reach. Most of these maps were already in development before the official announcement by Bungie, that 343 would be taking over Halo duties.

2011 - Halo Combat Evolved AE is released. This type of title should not take more than 1.5 years of the teams time. 1.5 is plenty of time to work on it.

2012 - Halo 4. Yet to be confirmed for a solid 2012 release. Until I see a developer diary saying otherwise..... we will see.

Now as you can see, from 2007 to 2009 and from 2009 to 2010, there seemed to be nothing going on. 343 is not a small studio either. In addition to the 2008 year reported 34+ members, they are constantly posting and accepting jobs to fill even today. If growth of the studio could be measured, I would guess that the official team roster is probably somewhere near 100+ now, that plus resources and personnel from MSG would greatly increase this. Now looking again at the time line of project releases, it is safe to assume that between 2007 and 2009 the team may have been working on new content for Halo,(it doesn't take 2 years to make a few maps and 2 more years to release them) It is also a safe assumption that said content was probably in preparation for the teams development of something Halo during 2009 to 2010. It isn't like Microsoft to just all of the sudden decide to launch a new Halo anything. A safe better would assume that Microsoft had planned for a couple years now to do something big for it's 10 year anniversary besides a CE remake. Thoughts anyone?

I'm curious though. Is there anyone else besides me that finds it hard to swallow that a company created in 07, has nothing big to show us after 4 years besides a preview of Halo 4, Halo Waypoint and a CE remake. To be honest I tend to believe that by the end of PAX we might see a few surprises from 343 regarding other title developments. Going by previous developer time lines on games and trailers, there is a good solid year and half gap that the team had nothing reported going on. Couple that with stiff lip rumor squashing about partnering with other studios on ports and the whole team's history and development time just doesn't hold water.

For one, I will be patiently awaiting some news for us avid PC gamers. It's about time we got another round of Halo goodness!

For those that need a review of 343 projects here it is...

2007 - 343 Industries is officially launched. Obviously prior to this the studio had employees, just not enough to announce an official studio. because said studio is an extension of MSG, the 2 work closely together although

it is never directly said or confirmed.

2009 - 343 Launches Halo Waypoint. A general Halo Hub. This is nothing more than a beefed up ASPI.net website that uses Bungie developed Halo API's to regulate and collect game data. No major development in such

a project is needed.

2011 - 343 launches 2 map packs for Halo Reach. Most of these maps were already in development before the official announcement by Bungie, that 343 would be taking over Halo duties.

2011 - Halo Combat Evolved AE is released. This type of title should not take more than 1.5 years of the teams time. 1.5 is plenty of time to work on it.

2012 - Halo 4. Yet to be confirmed for a solid 2012 release. Until I see a developer diary saying otherwise..... we will see.

Now as you can see, from 2007 to 2009 and from 2009 to 2010, there seemed to be nothing going on. 343 is not a small studio either. In addition to the 2008 year reported 34+ members, they are constantly posting and accepting jobs to fill even today. If growth of the studio could be measured, I would guess that the official team roster is probably somewhere near 100+ now, that plus resources and personnel from MSG would greatly increase this. Now looking again at the time line of project releases, it is safe to assume that between 2007 and 2009 the team may have been working on new content for Halo,(it doesn't take 2 years to make a few maps and 2 more years to release them) It is also a safe assumption that said content was probably in preparation for the teams development of something Halo during 2009 to 2010. It isn't like Microsoft to just all of the sudden decide to launch a new Halo anything. A safe better would assume that Microsoft had planned for a couple years now to do something big for it's 10 year anniversary besides a CE remake. Thoughts anyone?

they could be beafing-up Halo 4 like crazy. or slacking off and spending all their time having office tournements.