343? A couple things.

Mr Eos

You are a complete hypocrit! Your calling us selfish and you are posting things that point out the fact that you are a spoiled brat, who has to have his way, and needs to get his first friend. We can disagree with if we have a different opinion. The real world isn't like any of your modded games. you aren't the smartest person, you aren't the best and other people can think as well. Mods are hated because people take pride in the games they made. Just because you can't have EXACTLY what you want in it, you have to mod.

PS We would like more in our forge, but we will not mess with the game. Modding is a AWFUL idea. Thats my opinion and I CAN have one. Now stop trolling, grab a box of tissues and GET OVER IT. -8 reputaion. That says A LOT.

• Like 2

Modding would not be efficient in any way until games and game-based content are streamed similar to cloud. If you've ever played Custom Edition, you'd have to go to the lobby, find out what mods are in it, then go download them, install them to the proper game folders, and then go find the lobby again and hope it isn't full or hasn't changed to another game. I'm all for modding (within reason), but there's no proper way to merge the hardcore/modding community and the casuals with the technology we have at public disposal. At this point, not enough people even have a decent enough network connection to play a non-modded game, let alone one running custom scripts.

Why do you people even bother replying?

Get out of my thread, you are too stupid to be here.

"We want modding, but not to the extent that you ask for"

Seriously, get LOST!

You want less so be it...

I want more.

If I get more, you also get more.

IF I told you the sky was the limit, you would cry because its too much for you to handle.

If you can't handle the idea of limitless customization of the game.

Then don't partake in it. Go ahead and keep playing with your vanilla game experience.

The rest of us want something that is continually dynamic. NEVER GETS OLD!

I'm sorry that you and your friends are too stupid to track down the needed resources to be able to play on custom content.

You...are an idiot. Not me.

Compare Forge to Farcry's Map editor.

Yet...lets be satisfied with Forge.

You don't tell them..

"ok this is satisfactory"

You tell them

"I WANT MORE!"

Jesus you people are thick!

All I have suggested is to cut to the chase, and quit beating around the issue. Give us full modding support.

Forge is barely scratching the surface!

--------

I know what it is.

Do you feel jealous that people are playing a version of Fallout 3/New Vegas, Oblivion that puts the original vanilla retail release to sham..

and you're not...

Because you are to lazy to learn how to proceed with applying custom mods to such a game?

Look at those games, and just imagine if they had multiplayer.

Look at Halo and just imagine if it had modding support to the extent that Bethesda gives to their titles.

You people really are idiots to NOT want full modding support.

ok. first off, you dont have to insult everyone in this thread. if some one disagrees with you, work it out. im pretty sure we dont want modding, we want customizability as a community. we dont want to start changing things left and right, because as some one (sorry dude!) already said, when you start to mod, people dont know when to stop and it takes the halo out of halo.

• Like 1

I'll insult this community if I please.

Because from just the first few responses, I've already come to realize that this place is no better than Bungie.net forums.

And here's another reason why.

You people are selfish.

I want more options for everybody.

You want everyone to be limited to what YOU'RE satisfied with.

If I was to get everything I wanted. Dedicated servers + Modding support.

There is nothing forcing you to have to partake in those options. Other than maybe having to play on dedicated servers.

If you don't want to partake in playing on modded content. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TOO!

The only reason you think that in the first place is because the way MM has worked for Halo in general.

MM forces people to play stuff they don't want to, due to limited selection of playlists that are attempting to cater to everyone, but fails miserably at it.

If done properly, you can play all the default gametypes that you want, and I can go about finding custom servers.

And we never have to interact with each other.

In other words, you'll be presented with info on the server before you join it to let you know if its running modded content or not. Meaning you don't have to deal with mods if you don't want too.

So tell me again why we should not have modding support?

When I pop in Fallout 3, I choose to either play the original retail release, or I choose to mod it with NMC's textures, Fallout Wanderers Edition.

I'm not forced to play the game with mods just because the game has modding support... DUH!

Wouldn't it have been great if you could Mod the 360 version of Fallout 3/NV or Oblivion.

I know it was possible for Morrowind on the original X-Box, illegally of course.

I just want a legal means of getting this functionality in console games.

Otherwise, you give justification to the term "Consolitus"

And if I do happen to succeed in getting 343 to do this.

You can thank me later.

Or you can whine and cry about the fact that I'm flying a pelican and you're not.

Cry because I found a way to make a Flood Infection mode instead of Elites vs Spartans Infection mode.

Cry because someone modded his guy to look like Captain Keyes.

Cry because modded servers have more variety in general.

Consoles have a HD, lets put it to use.

if you are going to talk smack, this isnt the community to do it in. go argue with the eight year olds on xbox live, but not here.

• Like 1

ok. first off, you dont have to insult everyone in this thread. if some one disagrees with you, work it out. im pretty sure we dont want modding, we want customizability as a community. we dont want to start changing things left and right, because as some one (sorry dude!) already said, when you start to mod, people dont know when to stop and it takes the halo out of halo.

dean phd is the one who said it.

dean phd is the one who said it.

I did. I did say it. haha

I am done with this thread.

If we get modding then so be it. I can stop 343 if that what they want to do. I don't work for them.

I just know how Modding, like I said before can get out of hand when people who do not know how to do it properly, screw things up.

Anyways Mr Eos. Good luck with your life. Hopefully, you will confine yourself to this thread and leave the rest of this great community alone though.

Peace out Patients

Oh my -8 reputation, My feelings are hurt.

I wouldn't have to troll if this place wasn't full of retards trolling me.

IF you don't like modding support. So be it. Why do you advocate against having it for those of us that do like it?

I already told you that if done properly, you would not have to partake in any of it.

So who's selfish?

There is disagreeing, and there is opening your mouth when you should just keep it shut because it does not concern you.

In fact, did I address YOU, with the title of my thread?

NO!

I was addressing 343.

So wtf are you doing in my thread?

Me: Hey I want fully customizable controls.

You: No, I get by just fine with the limited pre-defined controls they give me

Basically the same damn thing. YOU ARE A ******* IDIOT! SHUTUP!

FFS stop giving input on the future of Halo.

If 343 listens to you, Halo will die. It would be the worst game in history! This is a COMMUNITY forum, not yours. Go back to to you basement and LEAVE. Can't you see that even if you had a good idea (Ha, I'd like to see that happen!) no one would listen to you! Why? Because you are a dumb ass who desperatly needs anger management, a friend (Sorry, your parents can't buy THAT for you!), and a lesson on REAL life. Go get a life! NO ONE agrees with you! Sorry, YOU ARE WRONG! (Ohh, did make the spoiled 9 year old cry!?)

Ask you parents for that anger management.

PS How many times have we told you, we want more, but NO MODDING!

BraverKING514

I like your Idea on the modding part. But ONLY for custom games. NOT for MM.

And they should also have a option make make custom games and then people can SEARCH for custom games so that random people can also join your games. Like it was for Halo 2 PC and Halo CE PC.

And about decreasing the Vehicles part? I think you went waayy over board. The reason Bungie put so many Vehicles is because its fun and they only did it for big maps. Because big maps can be REALLY annoying to just walk through. So let the Vehicles part be as it always has been.

But I am not sure that Microsoft will really allow modding. Especially a Exclusive game for THEIR console. And besides. How will they make money? People will start building their own Forge World and won't need any map pack from 343.... So Modding is definitely not a option. But they should definitely give us more features in forge and make it much more better and bigger. But I really would love if they put a custom edition for Halo 4 on PC and we would mod the heck outta it lol :P

That would be fun haha.

But Yeah good post. 343 must read this. And one thing. The most important thing they HAVE to do. Dedicated Servers! this has to be in Halo 4 or I will kill someone.

Thats all I gotta say..... Peace.

-Go kill yourselves.

-Type out more than a single line of crap.

-343, I want you to look at the responses of a few people in here and delete these people from your forum. They are a waste of breath. They are stealing virtual oxygen from us.

In fact, you should just auto-delete anyone who on average types less than 2 sentences per post. They do not contribute. They do not belong.

-Get out of my thread, you are too stupid to be here.

-Seriously, get LOST!

-I'm sorry that you and your friends are too stupid to track down the needed resources to be able to play on custom content.

-You...are an idiot. Not me.

-Jesus you people are thick!

-You people really are idiots to NOT want full modding support.

-Ok, I guess I have to beat some more logic into you dumb*****.

-Your stupid *** playlists that is full of stupid people and vanilla gametypes in general..

-God you people are stupid!

Shutup already and get out of my thread.

-I meant it when I said, go kill yourselves.

-Another person who should be deleted.

-WTF are you smoking?

-I'll insult this community if I please.

-You people are selfish.

-Since I know you still don't get it.

-So who's selfish?

-There is disagreeing, and there is opening your mouth when you should just keep it shut because it does not concern you.

-Basically the same damn thing. YOU ARE A ******* IDIOT! SHUTUP!

-The community that surrounds this franchise has to be some of the biggest ******* idiots I have ever seen.

-So.... WHO THE **** ARE YOU?!

I think you might get your idea across better if you didn't go all caps rage on everyone who disagrees with you.

Oh and everything I quoted is the same as how he wrote it except for me censoring it a bit.

You people realize Modding and Cheating are two different things right?

No modding...

I don't like people making new vehicles.

I don't like people making new character models.

I don't like people making cool looking new maps, with custom objects built from scratch.

I don't like people modding to improve the game far beyond what the developers originally gave us.

I don't like knowing that even if the Developer drops all support for the game, the community can pick up where they left off.

I prefer paying for overpriced DLC rather than getting new free content from the community.

I prefer being limited to a select few objects that they give me to work with in forge.

Go kill yourselves.

Learn what modding is before you come in and fight against it.

At the very least... back your point of view up.

Type out more than a single line of crap.

Ever heard of Counter Strike? That started out as a mod.

Tell me something, are you one of the people that feels Forge World is bland and everything created on it...looks exactly like everything else made on it?

OK THEN!

If this idea of having Dedicated servers + Modding support is beyond reason.

Make the next Halo for the PC instead. Screw consoles and screw Microsoft. They are quite literally lowering the the bar with each passing year.

Grow some balls and do this next one right.

------------------------------------------

343, I want you to look at the responses of a few people in here and delete these people from your forum. They are a waste of breath. They are stealing virtual oxygen from us.

In fact, you should just auto-delete anyone who on average types less than 2 sentences per post. They do not contribute. They do not belong.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

It will be released every 2 years, Halo:4 will be released in December 2012 and Halo:5 will be released sometime around Holiday 2014 so there is NO way they are going to perfect Halo:4 when they are going to be releasing an updated game 2 years down the road.

Yes I think we should have these things but the truth of the matter is - If you make a game by which the community has anything and everything they need to have endless ammounts of fun then nobody will buy the sequel.

I don't know about anybody else but when Perfect Dark was released alongside Goldeneye it was a timeless game with more option then anyone could've asked for at the time, competition was tough because everybody had played the tried and true of either of the two and didn't see anything special about what other games may offer.

We want to make the best series possibly, but at the same time we surely don't want to be the ones who's killed off our own Trilogy.

it will be interesting to see how 343 do, i think it will be hard for them, if they use the reach engine, which they probably wont, its easier because the engine and the mechanics are already there, but i doubt they will and that means starting from scratch, which could be a bad thing, lets just hope they take into consideration the variety of the fan base they have to account for, when you think about it, every single thing bungie places whether it be on a campaign or multi player leval is placed for a reason, you will see what i mean if you watch many of the halo 3 speed runs, the way people use objects to skipped parts of levals, its all placed there for that to be done, the same go's with multi player, all weapons are set evenly and its very strategic, theres always some little map trick or secret, will 343 account for this!?!?!, i hope so as it makes the game what it it,

I don't know any game on the Xbox that actually allows full modding capabilities. (No really, I don't. I'm not much of a huge gamer.) If there are, let me know.

Anyway, I'd like a vastly improved Forge, with all the suggestions I've already stated in several threads. But modding in multiplayer, I just don't see it happening. If it were solely map modding, then maybe. I agree with you though. Modding is what helped Counter-Strike (my personal favorite game BTW.) last a looooong time. Counter-Strike Source has been out since what, '04, and barely coming out with a new one? Owe it to modding. Valve is an awesome company for allowing that.

It will be released every 2 years, Halo:4 will be released in December 2012 and Halo:5 will be released sometime around Holiday 2014 so there is NO way they are going to perfect Halo:4 when they are going to be releasing an updated game 2 years down the road.

Yes I think we should have these things but the truth of the matter is - If you make a game by which the community has anything and everything they need to have endless ammounts of fun then nobody will buy the sequel.

I don't know about anybody else but when Perfect Dark was released alongside Goldeneye it was a timeless game with more option then anyone could've asked for at the time, competition was tough because everybody had played the tried and true of either of the two and didn't see anything special about what other games may offer.

We want to make the best series possibly, but at the same time we surely don't want to be the ones who's killed off our own Trilogy.

Why would Halo be released every 2 years instead of the typical 4?

Dedicated servers would be great, Microsoft rules them so they control them and they also own the Halo name so fighting with them would be kinda bad which could lead to no more halo and as for modding I don't have a stance on that really but I think it would help if everyone just calmed the hell down

Ok, since I am experienced Halo modder from the old school days of 2003 I'll chime in on this. First off to above poster a few lines, comparing Halo to Unreal is idiotic. They are 2 way completely different engines that use way off the chart different formats for handling content and format encryption.

Plain and simple to the point, allowing us, the community to have in our hands not only the development tools for creating custom content, we would also be required to have several other parts of information and tools that can end up being completely disatrous for the entire community and live. Said content is as follows...

1. Pro dev tools. There is a reason we don't get them. They are unrestricted and proprietary.

2. Using dev tools to communicate with our consoles like the 360, would require us to have complete unlocked access to the nand,

hypervisor and cpu/dvd keys or any other hardware specific encryption.

3. Said dev tools would also require us to have in our possession the same Public and Private key pair, that allow game files to be properly encrypted and run, the same exact way as our purchased store disc content.

Now because we would have in our possession everything we need to make new map files or assets "legal" to the eys of tthe game engine and console, this also allows people to properly re-encrypt and replace core game files. It opens up too many cans of worms. Halo CE was a completely different beast from what you are asking. CE had knockoff tools that ressembled the pro ones, but lacked official support or any "real" non-watered down key features. Furthermore, just getting these tools would require roughly 9 months of standalone programming.

In addition, these same tools would have to be made to use the current game used graphics code. In Halo 4's case it would more than likely be DX12 or higher. Now, a majority of the community is not going to have a PC that runs DX12 or a X64 OS with enough horsepower to turn the gears of the dev tools. No developer would want to restrict the creation of assets to a mere 10% of it's core gaming community. Crytek tried this with Crysis 2, and there was a huge backlash because there was no X86 or lower spec computer support.

Lastly, lets be real honest. Most gamers think they can create, rig and animate game assets. Everyone thinks they are modding or asset creating gods. But in all honesty, most of the things I have seen or helped people with have all turned out horrible. I can count on one hand, how many actually decent rigged biped or vehicles I have seen in my near 10 years of modding Halo.

Oh and I almost forgot......if you were to have custom content on the console, how do suppose you would go about making this content memory friendly? Didn't think about that did you? Every asset in a Halo game is usually located insode of one of the 2 or three resource" maps. This is donr so the game can flow at a smooth pace without having to constantly freeze up and load unload assets in the memory buffer. Adding completely new things to a game that utiizes this archetecture would be game suicide. Load times would be excrutiating. Think about all these things first hard, then reply with a few "how I am wrongs" And just for you Eos, here is the official pro /con on it..

Pros:

- User created assets, maps, etc...

- Replay value. Yes it can provide years of variable gameplay

- Inspiration. Future titles could get ideas from what we have made.

Cons:

- Lack of sequel gaming due to re-making sequel assets. We see it CE with Reach stuff everyday.

- All your hard work becomes property of Microsoft. No cred, no rights no nothing.

- Spike in pirating of 3rd party development applications. 3dsmax and maya aint free you know?

- Cheating. Show me once, where public use of pro dev tools hasn't lead to this.

- Endless pages of utter crap to sort thru to find one or 2 good things to play.

- Hardware capable of utilizing and running a server that collects, syncs and distributes stats standalone from Live and service record

API's.

I can go on but I'm getting sleepy....

• Like 1

Ok, right off the bat you do know that the 360 is a gaming console right? It's library of code called xenonlib, contains full featured code of DX9 and DX10 as well as other proprietary dll functions. The 360 does not emulate anything. Every game made for the 360 uses the code library to create compatable assets. You simply can't just emulate anything of that magnitude.

You call it a "keycode". Judging from the myriad of unused technical definitions on your end in reply to my post, you obviously have no clue as to how the Blam! file encryption or encodeing is handled at all. Halo 3 and Reach use an encryption scheme called "public and Private" keypair. This exclusive keypair is what enables them to create and sign maps that can be verified and loaded by Blam! Even using MegaloScript, they cannot stop the core function of Blam! from checking or refusing to load added maps or assets. On top of that, following the tech heirarchy of the engines, each tag is specifically encrypted on top of overall map encryption. Giving us dev tools that allow to do these things at home allows the community the ability to open, change and replace map files at will. There is reason why they don't give this to us....it's not just because they want to be dicks.

And no, they can't just go and make a program that bypasses this stuff. These are hardcoded engine snippets. The only way to bypass it would be to release a seperate engine along side the retail one. Which at that point, divides the game into 2 player bases...the custom and console straight. You think they want to develop 2 different versions side by side? The short answer...no.

Next point, stop referrencing the original Xbox and Halo 1. None of that matters in terms of the tech advances of the newer Blam! engines and consoles. Halo 1 and the original Xbox are universes apart in how they manage memory, handle graphics etc... Halo didn't even utilize 40% of what the Xbox was capable of when it was out. Memory issues were non-existant then. In Halo 2 however, the lag and frame rate was obvious when we used new items and new assets. halo 2 pushed the Xbox to it's close limit. If you were a modder of Halo titles, you should know this very well.

I was a part of the modding community since it all started back in halo 1 when IronForge and Steelix were in the heyday. I stayed a part of the community but decided to specialize in Halo 2. I've done bsp conversions noone else could, created new tag assets, and helped various members throughout the gaming community. Go ahead and poke around Halomods, Remnantmods, rework3d, halomaps and Monstrmoose. Tons of people know of me and my work. I still do map making and other things for the H2MT at Monstrmoose for Halo 2 PC even now.

As for your lame example of a ten year old sniper projectile swap...lame. Is that best you could do? And don't try to pass that off as a good example of why we have a Needle Rifle. Thats just BS. A better example of community modding that gave ideas to Bungie would be the SP map use in multiplayer. For the longest time we converted SP maps to be used as mp and made them into stand alone playgrounds. Also since Halo 2's end, we yearned for a chance to play from the vantage point of the marines and ODST...hence Halo 3 ODST. Those are good examples.

I can post names of community members till the month ends, but I find it much more satisfying to have you go to some websites and look for me there. It's not worth my time to prove myself to a half assed douch like you who is still stuck comparing future and present Halo titles to Reach and upcoming Halo 4.

Wow, only looking for one name. Go ahead keep making yourself looking like a jack-ass. Did you even bother to look over any of the sites I provided as examples of where I have been? Oh yeah that's right, your just mad cause someone spanked you. You couldn't even come up with valid arguments for anything I stated before. But that's ok kid, keep posting...it's funny as hell. Hey Spectral, Bubonic, Serene, Vore and G00n......wanna join the discussion?

I'm truly sorry for the pile of ----- that Bungie put in your hands.

But now that you're in charge of Halo 4.

Let us repair that damage.

I am here to put you on track.

Halo's biggest downfall from their first original Halo creation?

Trying to control their community....TOO MUCH!

---------------------------------------------

Dedicated Server Support

The first item on my list should be pretty obvious.

Halo's multiplayer, is not conclusive to something that can stand the test of time.

If you need proof of that. Look no further than the shutdown of Halo 2's MM service.

You also need to realize the way MM was handling the community.

Limited selection of playlists that bury multiple gametypes/maps into a single playlists.

MM is directly responsible for the plague of quitters.

Dedicated Servers will go a long way towards showing the community that you mean business.

Because it'll instill confidence in those that buy the product.

Confidence in knowing that... even when you're long gone...

Those with the resources can still keep the online multiplayer kicking instead of relying on you.

Dedicated Servers Managed by the community. Kept alive through community funds and donations. Just like the majority of PC games.

You also need to allow the community to search by setting filters.

Give them a list of rooms to join.

Give them as much info on the room as possible.

People quitting because of map/gametype or other players in the room....ELIMINATED!

--------------------------------------------

Custom Content

Something made Halo:CE so special...

That Bungie was able to ride the tail of its success all the way to what we have now.

It was the mod-ability of it.

Although it was illegal.

I didn't know a single person that didn't eventually get their original X-Box modded.

Most people I knew, modded the box for 2 reasons.

1.To MOD Halo.

2.To copy games to the hard-drive.

It is the Reason Halo:CE succeded much more than anybody ever expected.

I want you to google 'Halo:CE modding'.

Most likely, you'll find plenty of mods related to the PC version of Halo:CE.

Some truley great and unique creations that have come out of the community...don't you agree?

But did you realize?

Every one of those community made creations was able to be imported to the console version of the game and playable in its fullest glory for the console, so long as you stayed off Live.

Thanks to the tools provided by the PC verion + other community made tools... this process became very simple after just a bit of research into the topic.

I want you... to make a tool for the PC.

That allows us to create and import custom content created on the PC, into the console version of the game.

Most likely, this tool is going to need some way of checking and encrypting the custom content to ensure the safety of Live and it's Users.

As far as 3DSMAX content is concerned, about the only thing you'd have to worry about is a Nude master chief.

Unless someones figured out a way to make a 3DS model into a virus...

The more dangerous part of custom content... custom scripts.

To allow customized special effects, customized weapons with custom recoil, etc.

I want to be able to mod everything.

From the jump height of my character, to the wheel sizes of the warthog, to the zebra stripes on my custom leather seats in the warthog.

Overcome the danger.

--------------------------------------------------

Consoles do not have to be dumbed down versions of a PC

A console has one purpose.

To put everyones HARDWARE on equal footing.

Instead.

Console gaming has become synonymous with. Limited community interaction gaming.

You're trying to control us TOO much.

You have a unique opportunity to use a Huge franchise name to change this course.

Microsoft will resist. You need to fight back.

-------------------------------------------------

Halo:CE to now...is like telling everyone who buys Skyrim for the PC... that Skyrim is not moddable.

Imagine how quickly the community would backlash against Bethesda for such a thing.

-------------------------------------------------

If you want me to purchase Halo 4.

You need to show me that Halo 4's "META GAME" can stand the test of time.

Dedicated servers + Modding is the only way to do that.

Oh...

Don't forget to increase the max player count.

Don't forget to add a join-in-progres feature for the NON-RANKED areas of multiplayer.

At the very least. SEPERATE PLAYLISTS BY GAMETYPE!

People should not have to vote on what they play, this causes people to quit when the vote doesn't go there way.

You cannot expect a bunch of random people on the internet to have the same tastes.

Look at any game that has just a basic Team Slayer/Deathmatch gamemode in it.

50% or more of the population of any FPS game resides in that gamemode.

This in turn causes the voting system that Bungie created to make most people play that game mode.

I don't want to play Team Slayer every time I jump on the game.

I don't want to be limited to a single BtB playlists to try to get a large Vehicular Multi-Flag CTF game.

Because the way Bungie set it up. I played Headhunter, Team snipers, Team Slayer, etc. Not the reason I chose to go into the BtB playlist.

------------------------------------

I'd be happy if you just did this.

BtB Multi-Flag CTF w/ Vehicles.

And nothing stupid either like Bungie did to it. Too many vehicles.

Putting 4x ghosts, 4x Warthogs, 2x revanents, 2x tanks, 2x banshees all into a single match is a bit rediculous.

This is a bit more reasonable.

2x warthogs for each team.

1x banshee located on the map that you have to fight for control of

1x tank on the map you fight for control of.

1x Ghost on the map you fight for control of.

Turn some of the more OP vehicles into map control objectives. Just like rockets or any other power weapon.

Wow, thought I was reading a "Fan Fiction" thread, then after reading for a have hour, later I realized it was post! Half of what you are saying I will be honest with you I just don't get.

"Modding"? If you were surrounded by only people who modded their XBOX....well you were all IDIOTS! You ruined the game for all of us.

Frankly that could have been a few different posts, not one massive diatribe. I'm sorry, but you really lost my interest when I found out you cheated the game and were not only unapologetic, but trying to make it seem like it was the "norm". Phssssfffft!