Weird red rings problem?

Wolfspector

So, I've had the 360 since it first came out, and it's been reliable for years, until I got the red rings and sent it back to Microsoft for repairs. When I got it back it was in good working condition for about 3-4 years after that, and for a bout a year now, it's been acting up again.. I notice it most while playing umvc3 or Halo 4 ( works fine with calmer games where not much is going on on-screen) that it's very loud and randomly cuts off giving me red rings. Some times it's due to overheating from playing more than 2-3 hours a day, but sometimes it's only been on for 15 minutes before cutting out, and all parts and system are still cooled. Odd times I can play Halo 4 all day and no problems arise. And when I turn it back on I get the screen notifying me that it cut off due to overheating. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do, that don't include the obvious " get a new Xbox" or "send it to Microsoft"? I don't want to spend a crap load of money to buy another one.. I figured some of you guys might know how to help out :)

Yeah, I figured. I just tried playing MM last night, and it kept cutting out every 7 or so minutes into a game. Then my little bro turns it on and plays hours of spartan ops and matchmaking.. Wtf much? I gathered it was pretty old, and needed replacement/ repairs, but I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative with you guy's help. Thanks man

where is your xbox placed? I have had my xbox since it came out and have never had any issues. The main reason is that it is on a uncluttered shelf and has plenty of air flow. My friend always had red ring problems because he just had it laying on carpet, which led to it over heating lots. Once he put it on a shelf though, he hasn't had a problem. It is all about location, (and don't forget to dust there every month or so).