i miss halo

Isaac Kleiner

So is it just me or has Halo not been fun since Halo 3? Yeah they brought back the BR, but you brought a lot of other bull **** along with it.

-Custom Classes: What is this Call of Duty? No Halo is supposed to be you spawn with a specific weapon and you go fight for a better primary or power weapon. What happened to the good **** like Team Slayer/Team Slayer BRs on "x" Map.

-****ty Leveling System: No longer a ranking system that shows true skill, just how much time you can spend playing a game. CoD anyone? H3 had a 1-50 scale ranking system at least. You made it to a General in H3, that was something to be proud of, that took skill. Now any loser can be the highest rank in the game, they just have to keep playing.

-Armor Abilities: Ever since reach these stupid things have been ruining Halo. Look at me I can see where your at across the map with my *bleep* vision, and I can spawn a turret by putting my chest in the air, and don't forget my armor can put a little sphere around me to help me with my health problems. What ever happened to the Bubble shield, Regen, Power Drain, etc?

-Joining games in progress: I've played roughly 50 games, I have yet to find a lobby just waiting for the game to start, I always join games where my team is getting their **** kicked in. I miss the fact that if your made a person rage quit their team gets put at a disadvantage.

I can keeping complaining about this **** all day, but suffice to say R.I.P. Halo. Apparently to make a game sell make it look like CoD and you will get good numbers.

Disagree with me? Its obvious you never played Halo 1 or Halo 2.

*Sigh* Im kinda getting tired of these threads. Its really not that call of duty like when you break it down. All games use loadouts now pretty much. They will have a True skill rank system.

Yeah the join in progress I dont really like.

The core mechanics of Halo are there, but games change, either change with it or play something else.

FYI I did play Halo 1 and 2.

-Sincerely A true Halo fan.

*Sigh* Im kinda getting tired of these threads. Its really not that call of duty like when you break it down. All games use loadouts now pretty much. They will have a True skill rank system.

Yeah the join in progress I dont really like.

The core mechanics of Halo are there, but games change, either change with it or play something else.

FYI I did play Halo 1 and 2.

-Sincerely A true Halo fan.

The game is still plagued with bull****.

-Loadouts are becoming standard in FPS games now.

-So being a high rank in a video game is an accomplishment to be truly proud of? Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

-I find that AAs keep games varied and make players use different gameplans. Now you can't just use the same strategy every time.

-I'll just assume you were never frustrated because one of your teammates quit in a game and you were put in a disadvantaged position. You can't just view things from one perspective.

See? I disagree and I've played Halo CE and Halo 2, and love both games.

-Loadouts are becoming standard in FPS games now.

-So being a high rank in a video game is an accomplishment to be truly proud of? Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

-I find that AAs keep games varied and make players use different gameplans. Now you can't just use the same strategy every time.

-I'll just assume you were never frustrated because one of your teammates quit in a game and you were put in a disadvantaged position. You can't just view things from one perspective.

See? I disagree and I've played Halo CE and Halo 2, and love both games.

Loadouts are becoming standard? Yeah, standard in your average ****ty generic console FPS.

Loadouts are becoming standard? Yeah, standard in your average ****ty generic console FPS.

So now Halo is a generic console FPS? Halo is still a fantastic game. Look at the art, look at how absolutely polished the maps are. That's not Call of Duty. That's Halo. Can you imagine if every FPS had custom loadouts and sprint except for Halo? Do you know how quickly Halo would become obsolete? Faster than you can imagine. 343 recognize this, and they are adapting to it while still making Halo feel like Halo.

Also, your picture is Jar-Jar, so your argument is invalid automatically.

Ive raged several times with some threads but halo truly isnt what it used to be. In halo 2/3. The game was i believe the best multiplayer/ campaign ive ever been through. The maps were outstanding and the matches were enjoyable... I remember how at the end of a maych me and several other random players. Joked about nonsense. How he was shooting at some guy and i randomly popped out of a cave with a chopper and splattered him and several other events. In halo reach though the enjoyment died dramatically but the game was still non the less enjoyable with matches. What kept me involved more was the new gametypes and how you could purchase armor even though it gave no attribute points what so ever. The reason we say halo is becoming like cod. Is because most of us bizarre halo fans have a grudge against cod and how many rage quits weve endured trying to just get a kill. Since all classes in cod are unequal due to ranking and much time devotion. Its simply too much. In halo though. Everyone is equal. Besides color and look of armor effect( unless your an elite). All players spawned with exact sane equipment. And in halo reach. You spawned with just different armor ability. But still that was the main change all other equipment was equally the same. Sword was still in center of map. Dmrs and plasma rifles were scattered and it took almost a full clip of needler to kill someone. Now in halo 4. Again not personally a favorite but the sprinting. The sprinting was not present because the maps were small to begin with. Enough room and enough corners to sneak behind. Promethean vision. This actually disables three top effects. Invisibility. Hologram. And sneaking. Now for saftey precautiom you can activate this see through walls ability to find that person who spent countless minutes prefecting his assasination attempt. Of course theirs the dilmna of campers but honestly its better to have one problem rather than three. The mantis. Honestly i feel if they transformed it into the cyclops from halo wars. Maybe their would he less concern. For the cyclops had a jackhammer and a claw for hands. It was agile but not to agile. It could repair vehicles and it could deal devestati g close range attacks that required one to be in arms length for it to work. The seating was vulnerable from all sides but back and it was short and wide. Personally it be neat if they could have in corporated this for a mission in which you were needed to destroy a wall or some strong barrier or etc. second the scarab.is missing. The most deadliest vehicle and most known is MIA this was a threat in the past 5 games halo 2/3 halo odst. Halo reach and halo wars. In halo 3 they had you fight against at least four in the campaign. Two being at the same time. The hornet is also missing. The prometheans are sided with the covenant... Does anybody else see a slight problem? In all previous games their was always three factions. The flood. Unsc and covenant. This was in all games besides halo odst and halo reach. I appologize if some information is invalid but i truly miss the old gameplay instead of this new way. Personally if given opprotunity id gladly think of new ids in how to bring back the original gameplay along with several ideas i imagined of during the wait for halo 4.

Btw halo all together is still the king of all games. Just for the record

HALO 1 and HALO 2 are obsolete with current times and games.

They had been a great game for the time they lived but those times have long passed.

The new system is fun and brought back new life into a, hate to say it, dieing game due to the flop REACH was.

This is the best HALO to date and ive played HALO campaign and multiplayer since before Xbox Live was even booted up.

So is it just me or has Halo not been fun since Halo 3? Yeah they brought back the BR, but you brought a lot of other bull **** along with it.

-Custom Classes: What is this Call of Duty? No Halo is supposed to be you spawn with a specific weapon and you go fight for a better primary or power weapon. What happened to the good **** like Team Slayer/Team Slayer BRs on "x" Map.

-****ty Leveling System: No longer a ranking system that shows true skill, just how much time you can spend playing a game. CoD anyone? H3 had a 1-50 scale ranking system at least. You made it to a General in H3, that was something to be proud of, that took skill. Now any loser can be the highest rank in the game, they just have to keep playing.

-Armor Abilities: Ever since reach these stupid things have been ruining Halo. Look at me I can see where your at across the map with my *bleep* vision, and I can spawn a turret by putting my chest in the air, and don't forget my armor can put a little sphere around me to help me with my health problems. What ever happened to the Bubble shield, Regen, Power Drain, etc?

-Joining games in progress: I've played roughly 50 games, I have yet to find a lobby just waiting for the game to start, I always join games where my team is getting their **** kicked in. I miss the fact that if your made a person rage quit their team gets put at a disadvantage.

I can keeping complaining about this **** all day, but suffice to say R.I.P. Halo. Apparently to make a game sell make it look like CoD and you will get good numbers.

Disagree with me? Its obvious you never played Halo 1 or Halo 2.

Why dont you just play H3 then you ***?