Should you be forced to join a game that's in progress?

SSFrog

Should you be forced to join a game that's in progress?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be forced to join a game that's in progress?

• No, I want to start each match fresh.
    • Yes.
    • Only if its less then 50% complete.
    • Only if you opt-in to being thrown into a mid-game match.

I think it is only justifiable in the first minute or ten kills of a game (if that). Any more, then when Team Red pits against Team Blue [A] but defeats a different team, Team Blue after some player switches.

---

Concept 1)

Team Blue [A] =/= Team Blue in Game 1.

Team Red defeats TB not TB[A], match-made against TB[A] in Game 1

How is Team Blue [A] defeated? Are the players defeated or the team? How is Halo then a Team based game and not an individual based game [is this reinforced with the True Skill system]?

Therein (a deeper problem within that problem) games are no longer finite games [players no longer adopt finite strategies in games of Halo throughout the whole game against other players who quit; fixed teams of three can have their strategies impeded on by additional random player #4 joining mid-game without concept of what is going on strategically].etc

---

I can list out [really I can] about one hundred ways that the game is broken from this that I bet many of you haven't thought of but never-mind.

Believe me. 343 will not make any changes to the game unless the majority of the player base votes against it [regardless of base-type on a fallacious assumption of what "appeals" in the long run].

Fat chance of that happening. To make the game "Good" I don't think they should be looking at the fan-base democratically to begin with, just have a team of human-beings with common-sense and the good rationality to poke holes in their own paradigms.

I'm more upset of getting thrown into games where the team you are placed on is losing by 100+ points. People don't quit games they are winning or 'almost losing'. People quit when they are getting base camped or when their teammates are complete morons. So you always get stuck with that team of morons or you just get base camped by people who have nothing better to do with their lives.

90% of the time, you will be joining where the losers have quit.

I hate it and can't stand the idea.

I just can't see DIDO-style games not being a commonplace.

Bungie tried their hardest to eliminate people quitting mid-game, but that didn't work, and then guess what? If your team dropped out, you were screwed. At least now you've got a chance to finish strong and win.

I just can't see DIDO-style games not being a commonplace.

Bungie tried their hardest to eliminate people quitting mid-game, but that didn't work, and then guess what? If your team dropped out, you were screwed. At least now you've got a chance to finish strong and win.

Bungie obviously never attempted to use a 'Join Session In Progress' because they were too lazy. All they did was make a pointless, useless, and severely-broken quit ban that just punishes players for quitting.

There are one of three things people don't realize:

1. You cannot technically, legally, and graphically going to stop people from quitting, even if you punish them via ban.

2. The 'join session in progess' is the only way to guarantee a possibility to win if a teammate quits. There is no game that should have a quit penalty other than a deduction of your XP or a dropped rank.

3. Just punishing players for quitting a multiplayer match is like punishing someone for not finishing their Big Mac they brought from Mcdonalds. No matter what you do, there will always be quitters whether you like it or not.

Bungie attempt to eliminate quitters failed because they failed to realize the only way to help the people complaining is to rebalance the teams. The people who are defending the lack of a JIP system or basically saying Halo doesn't 'need' it obviously never had a single teammate quit on him in the middle of a matchmaking game. Those people probably been playing Halo so much that they have to get used to the new system.

The JIP does need some tweeking, but not removed.