Competitive Skill

Evaysiv

Hilarious post is hilarious. Yes, clearly 3x copies to be sold with a ranking system. Cause CoD obviously fell flat without a ranking system to prop it up as a viable competitive shooter.

Well with CoD's business model of re-hashing every year, there is no need for a ranking system. It apparently works for them, but does not mean it will work with other FPS models.

Halo is Halo for a reason (or once was) and unless they are adopting that business strategy of yearly releases then there is no way a developer would not want to extend longevity on their game. That's why it seems very fishy and they could be planning on doing yearly re-hashes aka cash grabs.

Bungie's Destiny is looking amazing every second new information comes out. I trust them in understanding what FPS gamer's want and if anyone has the innovation to break in a new genre it is them. Especially since they won't have MS or other big corporate executives breathing down their neck to complete as quick as possible and to develop it THEIR WAY (think Halo Reach). When Bungie acts on their own premise you see a true development team that cares about their fans and listens!

Message to 343...

If you do not implement a TRUE SKILL ranking system into halo 4. YOUR GAME WILL FAIL in the long run. I just watched a video saying that true skill will only be seen through waypoint. If so this will be very disappointing this is not what halo fans want. Resulting in many people not buying the game. IF YOU PUT A TRUE SKILL IN YOU WILL SELL 3X AS MANY COPIES IN THE LONG RUN. its a shame you didnt do this at launch, you may have sold even more... People dont want to play causally for 10 hours straight. It gets boring after 5 games. in halo reach there is not a single reason for me to try to win the game. Then in halo 3 i am actually competing for a reason, SOMETHING IS ON THE LINE... I CARE ABOUT MY RANK..

What you can do is create the best of both worlds. and get fans from reach and halo 3. Leave halo 4 the way is now BUT add a whole new RANKED PLAYLIST just like halo 3 had. HALO 3 is still going strong. HALO REACH IS DEAD. IT FAILED... There is your proof..

And i would rather have to deal with all the cheaters and booster then not even play at all. You guys created a video game it cant be that hard to figure out how to stop them or ban them.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT SO PLEASE PLEASE US

i will post this in many forums to hopefully get your attention - THANK YOU & HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No this would be ridicoulous. Frank o'conor dosent like people who can abuse the system from halo 3. So no ranking system ever. Even if they somehow put in work (like they should be doing anyway) and make a decent system. Never. That would be out of the question.

I refuse to change my opinion untill 343 can give me a legitamate answer as to why there is no true skill and people get points for not finishing their kills.

Well with CoD's business model of re-hashing every year, there is no need for a ranking system. It apparently works for them, but does not mean it will work with other FPS models.

Halo is Halo for a reason (or once was) and unless they are adopting that business strategy of yearly releases then there is no way a developer would not want to extend longevity on their game. That's why it seems very fishy and they could be planning on doing yearly re-hashes aka cash grabs.

Bungie's Destiny is looking amazing every second new information comes out. I trust them in understanding what FPS gamer's want and if anyone has the innovation to break in a new genre it is them. Especially since they won't have MS or other big corporate executives breathing down their neck to complete as quick as possible and to develop it THEIR WAY (think Halo Reach). When Bungie acts on their own premise you see a true development team that cares about their fans and listens!

Great explanation as to why cod still succeeds as a game. And why halo should never attempt to copy it.

I have been a very competitive and experienced gamer deep into halo for a long time, and I completely agree with this post. Halo 4, although not a bad game, is nothing like a true Halo game. Sprint, instant respawns, overpowered and unnecessary new weapons, a pointless ranking system, horrible maps, and a barrage of ridiculous loadout options. It just seems like they've taken a game that was so perfect and added all kinds of unnecessary features that effects everything and make it nothing like a real Halo game. Might as well have just called it something else. It still would have sold, but don't alter almost every aspect of Halo and continue calling it Halo. That's just wrong. What ever happened to that intense feeling of matching against a rival clan or team for the sake of earning the highest level you've ever got? and then if you lost, you level down. Made it way much more worthwhile to log on and actually try. On the new upcoming Xbox, if they want to redeem themselves, they need to release an anniversary edition of Halo 2 and/or develop Halo 5 with a huge influence from the first two Halos. Updated graphics with a more stable online experience and initiate the same type of matchmaking and leveling system as they had before. Then, progress would be made. We could have one Halo game(Halo 4) with all the cute and overwhelming added features... for casual players and children. Then, another Halo game which stays true to its original style and bring back the guts of what used to make Halo the best competitive game in the world.

Message to 343...

If you do not implement a TRUE SKILL ranking system into halo 4. YOUR GAME WILL FAIL in the long run. I just watched a video saying that true skill will only be seen through waypoint. If so this will be very disappointing this is not what halo fans want. Resulting in many people not buying the game. IF YOU PUT A TRUE SKILL IN YOU WILL SELL 3X AS MANY COPIES IN THE LONG RUN. its a shame you didnt do this at launch, you may have sold even more... People dont want to play causally for 10 hours straight. It gets boring after 5 games. in halo reach there is not a single reason for me to try to win the game. Then in halo 3 i am actually competing for a reason, SOMETHING IS ON THE LINE... I CARE ABOUT MY RANK..

What you can do is create the best of both worlds. and get fans from reach and halo 3. Leave halo 4 the way is now BUT add a whole new RANKED PLAYLIST just like halo 3 had. HALO 3 is still going strong. HALO REACH IS DEAD. IT FAILED... There is your proof..

And i would rather have to deal with all the cheaters and booster then not even play at all. You guys created a video game it cant be that hard to figure out how to stop them or ban them.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT SO PLEASE PLEASE US

i will post this in many forums to hopefully get your attention - THANK YOU & HAPPY THANKSGIVING

On the contrary, there are less than 5,000 players on Halo 3, while there are over 10,000 on Reach. Halo 4 has about 30,000 to 50,000 daily, but it's not as much as Reach had in the early days.