what do you think about spartan ops.... good or bad?

Wake Up John

Spartan Ops is pretty interesting. The idea of constant updates adds something new every week, keeping the game from getting repetitive. It's also quite fun to go through it with friends, like an extended version of the campaign.

I'm not really for the idea that it "replaced" firefight, because I enjoyed that, too :/ It'd be nice if they had firefight, as well.

It nets you a load of XP in multiplayer, but it's quite boring if you replay the missions over and over again, so there's pros and cons.

Also, it's a good way to get commendations for enemy kills and whatnot.

Oh, and the animated series that comes with the gameplay is cool, as well. I don't really know exactly where they're going with it, but it has potential to uncover some awesome Forerunner mysteries or something.

i am very pleased with what i have seen so far. Its fun, fresh each week, and a great way to get XP

but there are its downsides. There is a lot of lag in matchmade games and using the same environments gets a bit boring after a while. but using war games maps has made things interesting

I would say that I like it...

If it had some semblance of a challenge/tension.

I HATE the fact that it has unlimited lives, and a "spawn you right back into the firefight 2 feet away" system. When you boot up a game, there is no losing it. I can't stand that. It makes it more of a boring kind of lazy slag, than a sharp, well thought out run.