Warthog/mongoose need more power

zepmac

Does anyone else feel that the warthog/mongoose doesn't have enough power? While driving and trying to make 90 degree ebrake slides to lessen my chances if getting stuck with a grendae, I can't keep enough power to power out of it, and bog down to a almost a complete stop. I've found if you don't make such a sharp turn you can keep it going but you give the enemy much more area for sticky grenades. Seems to me like better acceleration or more torque would do the trick, top end speed is fine. Anyone feel the same?

I don't know why you're complaining about the mobility of either of the vehicles, but the turret on the warthog is definitely a disappointment this time around.

As an avid driver, I'd appreciate if the gun could actually kill people before I got too close.

And what's up with the map where only one team starts with a gauss warthog? That doesnt make sense.

I actually thought the Warthog was faster in this game. I can see that the turret has been nerfed, though. It seems to overheat faster than it did in Reach and it's not as powerful. As for the Mongoose, I haven't used it yet. Sadly I probably won't have a reason to since 343i have removed Race.

I don't know why you're complaining about the mobility of either of the vehicles, but the turret on the warthog is definitely a disappointment this time around.

As an avid driver, I'd appreciate if the gun could actually kill people before I got too close.

And what's up with the map where only one team starts with a gauss warthog? That doesnt make sense.

The other team is closer to the tank, that's why. It's giving the maps diversity so it's not cloned force on force. It's the same with one of the other levels that gives one team the wraith and the other team the rocket hog. I kinda like it, gives the games more variables.

The maps have more rocky terrain like Ragnarok and; I think the warthogs and mongooses feel smoother to drive.

If you go on smaller maps, where you have to turn more, it yes is smooth, but it loses power. On Ragnarok, if you land, you have zero power, it slows down way to much even if you land on a decline. The vehicle power and physics need a slight tweak in some areas.