Best ways to kill knights?

Mark Dusty Morgan

Must Know

Take down the Watchers as fast as you can, because they can revive any fallen knights or build those nasty turrets. It is also better to make sure to eliminate all the crawlers before engaging the knights, because they tear through your shields when you don't pay attention to them. When engaging a knight, strafe them and get behind them when firing, they have the same melee pattern much like hunters who are very powerful. Here is a few ways I figured out how to destroy those Knights, picked up along the way of experimenting in Halo 4 Campaign. These are some of the fastest ways and best ways to kill them, compared to regular ways I came across.

1.) Take down shields and get up close with shotgun (Up close and Personal)

2.) Carry Turret and use it against them when available, this drains their shields fast and kills them in matter of seconds (Heavy Suppression Fire)

3.) Take down shields and shot them in exposed areas (Long Range)

4.) Use incinerator cannon against them (Fastest Way)

5.) Assassinate them (Leaves you exposed to other fire)

6.) Use Vehicles when available (Be cautious about vehicle damage)

7.) Use Assault Rifle (This tears up them up for some reason)

8.) Use Railgun to take down shields, then one shot in head (Great for stunning them)

Note: If you found another way to take the knights down easily, please post about it. I am interested in learning a few new techniques that will aid me and others when it comes to dealing with these knights or commanders we have to deal with in campaign or spartan ops.

• They are vulnerable when they spawn Watchers. If you kill them while they spawn it, the Watcher is much less intimidating and challenging to kill, so utilize this time appropriately.'

• Once they teleport, they won't teleport again for a "while". I put that in quotations because you should be able to kill them before they teleport again. A good strategy is to pop them in the head until they teleport, quickly locate them and finish them off. This doesn't work nearly as well when there are multiple Knights, so use it in 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 circumstances.

• Don't shy off if on an assault with a Shotgun or Scattershot, keep at it and shove it down their throats to make sure they can't retreat.

• Take advantage of when their "shield" breaks. You'll see a blue mist scatter once their shields break (on Legendary this matters big time). You'll only need 2 or 3 more headshots to kill them. I've noticed with Knights that headshots don't matter nearly as much as with Covenant; as long as you put multiple shots into them, they're going to die.

When there is only one or two knights and you have a teammate, do this: Have one person suppress knight from the front, and have the other sneak around, and either A) Assassinate if possible B) Plasma Grenade to the face or C) Light it up with a shotgun/scattershot. Works every time.